• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What should I practice in training mode with meta knight

SK919

Deal with it
Ok, my meta knight is alright but i want to take him to the next level. What should I practice in training mode.. on my own..

gimps? something. Kinda lost with the knight.. Besides playin more friendlies I don't know how to improve...

:dizzy:

MBreeto

Smash Ace
recovery, so you don't have to deal with the bull**** things the cpu's do.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Pivoting?

Practice in matches. MK doesn't really have any [legal] ATs, so learning what moves you can do out of what and working on mindgames is more important.

Nic64

Smash Lord
I like to go into training mode and just imagine a bunch of different scenario's and things, I wouldn't say I really practice much of anything with it but it's kind of a visual/interactive aid for problem solving, you could try that some time?

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
I like to go to training mode and see how fast I can shorthop fast fall fair, or practice his shorthop dbl uair mix-ups. You could try that maybe?

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
Eh, the only thing I've ever used practice mode for was the timing for different distance Stutter Smashes and Pivot Grabs. Try those?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Basic gameplay. If you can't do tilts without tilt stick or turning tap jump off, practice doing consecutive tilts with tap jump on as fast as you can input the commands (specifically do dtilt -> utilt -> dtilt -> utilt). Also practice pivot grabbing, recovering, shorthopping, etc...

waks

Smash Journeyman
I suppose make your inputs/executions more consistent? If you haven't already. And even if you do, it wouldn't hurt :p

Top Bottom