• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Pokemon would YOU give PT?

Charzonsos

Smash Cadet
Charizard, Typlosin, Blaziken/Infernape (they are both about the same).

I love fire types, mainly the starters.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
actually, I would have given him the exact same 3 he has.

They were truly the best choices. Most people would know those 3 (Yes, including Ivysaur) by name if they saw them.

Sakurai chose arguably the 3 most well knwon of the first gen starters evos and such. He couldnt have chosen better ones imo.

Plus, with the 3 he chose, each has a different weight and must be played with a different level of caution than the others.

Simply brilliant Sakurai! :)

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
actually, I would have given him the exact same 3 he has.

They were truly the best choices. Most people would know those 3 (Yes, including Ivysaur) by name if they saw them.

Sakurai chose arguably the 3 most well knwon of the first gen starters evos and such. He couldnt have chosen better ones imo.

Plus, with the 3 he chose, each has a different weight and must be played with a different level of caution than the others.

Simply brilliant Sakurai! :)
Same for my selection above , salamense is the floaty dragon style like zard , weavile is the quick one and much stronger than squirtle and metagross will be the huge powerhouse that's slow.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Number 1: :046:

Number 2: :046:

Number 3: :046:

That's the only three Pokemon you need for anything, ever. I still can't believe Paras again got the shaft for the being the puts-you-to-sleep Pokeball Pokemon. Spore has 100% accuracy. 100%

Unbelievable.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Number 1: :046:

Number 2: :046:

Number 3: :046:

That's the only three Pokemon you need for anything, ever. I still can't believe Paras again got the shaft for the being the puts-you-to-sleep Pokeball Pokemon. Spore has 100% accuracy. 100%

Unbelievable.
Dude...breloom >>>>>> paras/sect , it too has spore and also huge attack and it's type is grass fighting , also it's ability makes it restore a ton of health when poisoned so you give it the poison orb , spore the target , use substitute and let the poison cure you and spam focus punches for STAB and for the win behind the safety of the substitute.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Suicune, one of the hitmon's or marowak, and a heavy.. hmmm Mewtwo? ok ok im joking... ummm... What in the world is a big heavy pokemon? Steelix? lol...

GOLEM!!!

i dunno i wish suicune... its my favorite!

metahunter

Smash Apprentice
i would give him

alacazam- long range
torrtera-heavy
porygon-z

i would pick alacazam becase he is my favret pokemon ever. torrtera becase he has the coolest desinge ever. and porgon-z becase he is my strongest pokemon

Hark21Ball

Smash Cadet
Totodile, Quilava, Meganium. I would love to see how Flame wheel works...would it be like Sonics Homing attack? or a Stronger/Faster Kirby tackle from melee.

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
Psyduck, Horsea, Togepi. And change PT's name to Misty.

or

Nidoking, Persian, Sandslash. And change PT's name to Giovanni.

:)

Pokizard

Smash Cadet
Only if I get to keep the three he already has, they rock. ANYWAY:
Mudkip
Mewtwo
Pichu

OR

Plusle
Minun
Aipom

OR

Ambipom
Amphoros
Treecko

OR

Deoxys
Riolu
Numel

OR

Seaking
Slowpoke
Lopunny

OR

Manaphy
Bulbasaur
Wartortle

XD

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Pokemon: Absol, Gardevoir, and Hariyama.
Evolution: Basic, Stage 2, and Stage 1
Type: Dark, Psychic, and Fighting
Gen: 3rd (RSE)
B: Bite, Hypnosis, and Vital Throw
>B: Pursuit, Psychic, and Arm Thrust
^B: Razor Wind, Teleport,and Seismic Toss
FS: Night Slash, Dream Eater, and Reversal (NOT combo)
Weight: Medium, Light, and Heavy
Height: Short, Average, and Tall
Jump: Average, High, and Low
Close Range Attack: Good, Bad, and Great
Far Range attack: Good, Great, and Bad

Those are the pokemon I would give to PT, although TMS, Snake King 1's 2nd Gen, and the original are just as great.

Gliding and Digging toward victory!
Gligar has come to fight.

Overview:

Gligar is a small, purple, bat-like Pokémon. It has blue wings like a flying squirrel. Gligar has scorpion claws and a tail with a stinger on the end. Gligar has long, pointed ears and triangle-shaped eyes. Gligar could be considered a cousin of Skorupi due to its scorpion-like traits; however, it shares some bat-like traits as well, making it similar to Zubat. In this Case, the Gligar is male, as a female Gligar has a smaller stinger.

Gligar knows a small handful of poisonous attacks, such as Poison Sting and the rarely known Cross Poison. Gligar can also use a few Bug-type moves, like Fury Cutter and U-turn. While Gligar can learn Ground and Rock-type moves typical to a Ground-type Pokémon, its abilities as a Flying-type are limited. Most notable is the fact that Gligar cannot learn Fly.

Also, Gligar and its evolved form Gliscor are the only two Pokémon that are both Flying and Ground, which gives them a unique immunity to both Electric-type and Ground moves. This trait is shared only with Vibrava, Flygon, Baltoy, and Claydol due to the Levitate ability. This is reflected in Brawl, but instead Gligar will take 10% less damage from electric attacks (a 20% electrical attack will give 18% instead).

Gligar can emit sound waves to detect obstacles and fly around them. Gligar live in mountainous regions, making their nests along cliff sides. It also prefers hot arid environments, but doesn't mind forests either.

Gligar's

Stats:

Height: 3.5-4.5/10
Gligar in his idle stance will let him seem Olimar-sized, but he gains height because of his tail while walking or running.
Weight: 6.5/10
Gligar weighs at 142.9 lb, although it should be lower due to his evolved form weighing less. Still, he is strangely heavy.
First Jump: 5.5-6.5/10
Gligar would have less oomph in his jump through the feet, but being on his tail will give more leverage for the jump.
2nd-4th Jump: 3/10
Sadly, Gligar's weight doesn't give much in the second jump area, with him only flapping three times with small height.
Walking Speed: 4.5/10
Gligar will jump onto his tail and hop around propelling himself forward for this average walk.
Running Speed: 5.5/10
Gligar, thinking he has the hang of it, will alterate between gliding for a secound and hopping on his tail for his run.
Attack Speed: 7/10
Despite his strange weight issues, Gligar doesn't lag that much his attacks, instead merely attacking repeatedly.
Attack Power: 3.5/10
However, the attacks are also somewhat weak in terms of power, but they can KO at good percentages.
Range: 6/10
Gligar has a wide range in his attacks, from attacking through energy to physically using his claws and stinger.
Priority: 5/10
Some moves are good in certain situations, while others are all around. Still, he does have a good amount of options.
Traction: 7.5/10
Turning is so hard do with Gligar because of his tail, that it is suggested you jump backwards instead because of its uses.
Wall Jump: Yes
Gligar are known to jump off of dangerous clifs, so this is do be expected from Gligar in the dangers of Smash.
Wall Cling: Yes
Extreme heights, violent winds, 90 degree cliffs... this is the life of the average Gligar, so clinging to walls is natural to them.
Crawl: No
Crawling don't seem natural for pokemon like Gligar. Even then, crawling won't do much help with his raised stinger up.
Glide: Yes
Gligar is part flying pokemon, so what did you expect? Unfortunately, he can only glide in high winds through his Up B.

Attacks:

Specials:

Neutral Special: Refill (No Change)

Side Special: Shoeprint Throws (Free Hand)

Up Special: It Ain't Rocket Science (Free Hand, Free Hand)

Down Special: Dig
This move has two different attributes depending if you are on solid ground or a platform. When you are on an area that can break (the entire field in SkyWorld, the middle part of Green Hill Zone, Etc.), those areas will just break now matter what. This move can only be used as a ground attack like DK's.The order goes as follows:

Solid Ground:

This space shall be changed...

Platform:

On any type of thin platform, whether it is you can go through it downwards or not, Gligar will do a similar animation he did while digging on solid ground. However you will dig a thin hole out from the platform with just a 1/4 second slash towards the ground he is on instead of the former hole. That part of the platform will disappear, with its remnants becoming a disjointed hitbox of dirt that will hit in the direction you are facing beforehand, dealing 4% with no knockback. Gligar will then fall downwards with all his jumps intact.

The hole you created will stay like that for 20 seconds, so anyone that would walk on that part of the platform originally will now fall through that part. If you use this on the tip of a grab-able platform's ledge, like on Norfair's outer ledges, the end will disappear, making it impossible to grab a ledge. You can have a maximum of two of the thinner holes at anytime.

Basic Attacks:

Jab Combo: Luminol Spray (Luminol)

Dash Attack: Stopping Their Tracks (Cement)

Tilts:

Forward Tilt: Snackoo'ed (Snackoo)

Upward Tilt: Fountain (Water)

Downward Tilt: Dustbuster in Reverse (Hairdyer)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Shake It Good (Water)

Upward Smash: Bag Swing (Free Hand)

Downward Smash: Pouring the Concrete (Cement)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Aerial: Skye Spray (Luminol)

Forward Aerial Swing and a Miss (Free Hand)

Backward Aerial: Cheap Jetpack (Hairdryer)

Upward Aerial:Tasty Throw (Snackoo)

Downward Aerial: I Hope This Works (No Change)

Grabs:

Pummel: One Last Spray (Luminol)

Forward Throw: Coming Out Wet (Water)

Backward Throw: Paving the Way (Cement)

Upward Throw: Have a Little Taste (Snackoo)
test

Downward Throw: Burying You Down (Hairdryer)

Final Smash: X-Ray Analyzer (No Change)

Playstyle:

Extras:

Alternate Costumes:

Original Green:
Old School Blue:
Big Sis Maroon:
Psychic Purple:
Gumshoe Green:.

Taunts and Poses:

Up Taunt:
Side Taunt:
Down Taunt:
Victory Pose #1:
Victory Pose #2:
Victory Pose #3:
Losing Pose:

Codec:

Snake:
Otacon:
Snake:
Otacon:
Snake:
Otacon:
Snake:

Quiet please... It's snack time.

Arias

Smash Rookie
Cubone
Scyther
Muk

Seriously, how awesome would that be?

Cubone - Slow Movement, Fast Attacks, Normal Range, Moderate Weight, Mediocre Recovery, Good Damage, Good Knockback

Scyther - Fast Movement, Fast Attacks, Decent Range, Light, Good Recovery, Good Damage, Small Knockback

Muk - Slow Movement, Slow Attacks,, Good Range, Very Heavy, Moderate Recovery, Moderate Damage, Great Knockback

squarez

Smash Apprentice
Gengar, & 2 others, but basically it wouldn't matter cause gengar is too much pwnage. His attackspeed and movespeed would be similar to metaknights, but instead of a sword he would have a claw, much like wolf's attacks. Gengar for the pwn.

King_Olimar

Smash Rookie
Meowth- Quick and speedy. Low Damage attacks. Good recovery
Torterra-Slow and heavy. Incredible strength. Poor recovery.
Dragonite-Moderate speed and heavy. High damage attacks. Excellent recovery. Can glide.

My three favorite Pokemon. Weird group huh?

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
mewtwo for his FS...inviciblitity frams like wario man, and he would tottally own...

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Cubone
Lickitung
Dragonite

that combo would kick approximately 2.5 BILLION TONS of ***.

Tiwaz

Smash Cadet
Personally, I would make it Bulbasaur, Wartortle and Charizard. It could've been that way and be nearly the same, too. I like Wartortle more than Squirtle and Bulbasaur more than Ivysaur.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
Arceus, Mewtwo, and Deoxys. Uber legendary team. Fun times!! (Mewtwo would be finally in proportion in regards to his weight. He always should have been heavier)

SHUCKLE MAN

Smash Cadet
I would've had Deoxys-L/-D, Deoxys-E/-S and Deoxys-F/-A.

Infact a trainer wouldn't even be needed then. Deoxys could just transform to change his weight, speed, reach, etc. when needed.

Top Bottom