• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Pokémon do you Wish had Mega Evolutions?

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
With the 2 upcoming 3rd gen remakes comes some speculation, some wants, some fixes, some new mechanics. Here we'll talk about the (best) generation so far and the potential Mega's that may or may not be involved.

Here is the format in which we will debate :]

Example:

Mega evo: Charizard

Type Change(optional): Dragon/Fire

New ability(optional): Tough Claws:(Abilities effect(if new)) 30% more damage with physical moves.

Buffs and nerfs to stats: Higher attack, etc.

Aesthetic changes(optional): Black body, blue feather like wings, blue fire steaming off the mouth, etc.

Notes(optional): Can be called a better Salamence. This makes Charizard, arguably the most popular Pokemon, a real chance to fight in the higher tier scene.

You can copy paste it if you want here:

Mega Evo:

Type Change:

New Ability:

Buffs and Nerfs to stats:

Aesthetic Changes:

Notes:

So there you have it :]

Here's my list of Pokemon I wished had Mega's.

Mega Evo: Sceptile

Type Change: Grass/Dragon

New Ability: Grassy Field: Summons Grassy Terrain(Pokemon is healed every turn for 5 turns and Grass type attacks do 50% more damage.

Buffs and Nerfs to stats: Special Attack boosted to 120(100) Speed boosted to 130(120)

Aesthetic Changes: The buds on Sceptiles back grow into palm leaves used as wings, Sceptiles eyes become more cat like, the tail turns into a spiked seed like a flail and is latched onto the ground while Sceptile floats.

Notes: Sceptiles one of my favorite Pokemon and is a starter. His Mega Evo is almost guaranteed next to Swampert.

Mega Evo: Breloom

Type Change: Grass/Fighting

New Ability: Speed Growth. Grass moves have +1 priority

Buffs and Nerfs to stats: Increased attack. Slight increase to speed.

Aesthetic Changes: Breloom is now orange red in color and grows a bit bigger and more slender almost looking like a lizard on 2 legs. The mushrooms continuously release spores from the holes and its feet and hand claws become slightly longer.

Notes: N/A

Mega Evo: Wailord

Type Change: Water/Ground

New Ability: Breach. Every 2 turns you heal 25% health. This counts even if you switch out. In rain you heal 40%.

Buffs and Nerfs to stats: Increased Defense and special defense with a decrease in attack and special attack.

Aesthetic Changes: Wailord becomes even bigger. The pectoral fins become much longer like a real whale, Body becomes more slender instead of blimp like, and Wailord has visible barbaracles anchored around its body.

Notes: The biggest Pokemon in the game needs some love! I actually used one back in 3rd gen as well.

Mega Evo: Torkoal

Type Change: Fire/Water

New Ability: Steam Powered. Every 2 turns Torkoal will always attack first barring priority.

Buffs and Nerfs to stats: Increased Special Attack. Lowered speed.

Aesthetic Changes: Torkoal becomes bigger. Shell continues to steam though water is now visibly spilling from the top. Eyes are opened and has an angry expression.

Notes: None really.

Mega Evo: Sharpedo

Type Change: Same

New Ability: Same

Buffs and Nerfs to stats: Increased Attack and slight increase to defense and special defense.

Aesthetic Changes: Sharpedo is now a full bodied shark bearing some markings to Sharpedo like the star and rough edges along with nicks on its fins.

Notes: Sharpedo was always cool to me.

Mega Evo: Flygon

New Ability: Goggles. Flygon's critical rate is increased to 50%. Critical hits also deal 3x damage.

Buffs and Nerfs to stats: Stats remain the same but speed is increased.

Aesthetic Changes: Flygon's goggles become more obvious. He grows an extra pair of wings and the tail becomes longer.

Notes: Flygon is a cool Pokemon but is overshadowed by other Dragons especially Garchomp.

Mega Evo: Cradily

New Ability: Super Drain. Drain moves like Giga Drain and Leech seen do more damage and heal more HP.

Buffs and Nerfs to stats: Increase in both defenses.

Aesthetic Changes: Cradily's eyes are now red in color. Feet are longer and is attached to a giant rock. Stem is longer and the pink leaves are more in your face. Spikes are present around Cradily and a second smaller Cradily seems to be growing near it.

Notes: I like Cradily. Its typing is unique but it just needed a little more boost to be a great Pokemon.

Mega Evo: Altaria

Type Change: Dragon/Fairy

New Ability: Lullaby. Pokemon fall asleep when this Pokemon Mega Evolves.

Buffs and Nerfs to stats: Increased defenses and slight increase to special attack.

Aesthetic Changes: Cloud is larger. Altaria's tail now circles around her. Body is now visible every now and then as Altaria swims around the cloud.

Notes: Altaria was pretty garbage for what it's supposed to be. I hope a potential mega helps it out.

Mega Evo: Salamence

New Ability: Fear stricken. Your opponents attack and speed fall by 1 stage.

Buffs and Nerfs to stats: Slight increase to all stats.

Aesthetic Changes: Salamence turns red and wings are now blue and serrated at the wing tips. Horns are now present on the face and Salamences breath puffs out fire. Body becomes longer and bulkier, higher off the ground.

Notes: Salamence is another favorite. Hope it gets some Charizard treatment.

Any thoughts?

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
The starters, Sharpedo and Torkoal, definitely 100%. Besides that, not entirely sure I agree with the rest of your picks. I would've said Absol, but we've already got Mega Absol. Maybe Mega Castform? Yeah, definitely Mega Castform. If any Pokemon has a ton of potential and needs huge stat boosts through Mega Form, it's Castform. Let's make Castform viable!

In the meanwhile, I've got something to mention. Got an 'acquaintance' who believes that just 'cause they want to make a 100% remake of Ruby/Sapphire, that means none of the legendaries will get Mega Forms.. when the box art kinda hints at this being the case. Am I wrong to think that Nintendo, already crazy enough to give Mewtwo, Latias/Latios Mega Forms, that they wouldn't give AT LEAST Kyogre and Groudon Mega Forms?

Honestly, I think they're dumb, 'cause they're underestimating how much of a golden opportunity Nintendo's going to consider Mega Evolution. I feel like X/Y was just the start. The flood gates have opened, man.

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Yeah. I actually refrained from mentioning every single Pokemon that could get a Mega since there would be no real discussion to make if I just made one for every final evolution.

Pokemon with exclusivity like Ludicolo/Shiftry.

The opposite of Cradily, Armaldo.

Milotic

Metagross

The Legendaries, etc.

You're not crazy. Nintendo is the one that's crazy :)

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Regardless of the relevancy of this with OR/AS, we don't really need a separate thread just for a 3rd gen mega wishlist, so I'm moving this into the other thread.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did have the following in mind for Sceptile's and Swampert's mega evolutions...

Mega Sceptile
Type: Grass/Dragon
Ability: Limber
HP: 70
Attack: 135
Defense: 65
SP ATK: 125
SP DEF: 85
Speed: 150
Total: 630

Mega Swampert
Type: Water/Ground
Ability: Drizzle
HP: 100
Attack: 140
Defense: 110
SP ATK: 85
SP DEF: 110
Speed: 90
Total: 635

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I got a couple. Please note I'm not great with setting up Base stats, so don't hurt me. O3O

Mega Lucario Y
Type: Fighting/Dark
Ability: Mega Launcher
Normal Base: 70/110/70/115/70/90
Mega Base: 80/80/88/150/80/112

Mega Raichu
Type: Electric
Ability: Volt Absorb
Normal Base: 60/90/55/90/80/100
Mega Base: 85/125/80/60/80/140

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
True statement, but that can change it this time around.

I'm sure Pokes' like Cradily and Ludicolo would appreciate it.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'm gonna take a crack at some Pokemon I think should get Mega Forms:

Mega Castform:
Type: Normal
Ability: Perfect Forecast - Castform can transform into any natural weather element (Fire, Water, Ice, Ground) simply by using the attack. If the attack connects, the corresponding weather effect begins at the start of the next turn for the full five turns.

Normal Base: 70/70/70/70/70/70
Mega Base: 70/90/90/90/90/90
Base Stat Total (In Mega Form): 520

Notes: This Mega transformation takes Castform, normally useless, and makes it just a step shy of most of those lesser legendaries like Mew and Jirachi. Still, with 520 base stat total, it puts it into the same realm as Aegislash, Starmie and Chandelure. The new ability is essentially Protean lite, but with the added bonus of not only giving them a STAB, but also generating a delayed weather effect to help along weather teams.

Mega Farfetch'd:
Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Gale Wings - All Flying-type moves have their priority increased by 1.

Normal Base: 52/65/55/58/62/60
Mega Base: 52/100/60/58/62/95
Base Stat Total (In Mega Form): 427

Notes: This essentially puts Farfetch'd firmly into the territory handled by 'mon like Zweilous and the infamous Azumarril. It's actually a few base stat higher than them (they're at 420), but those are the best comparisons I could find. This makes Farfetch'd firmly a speedy attacker in a similar vein to other actual birds. The Mega Form focuses on Speed/Attack and offers Farfetch'd probably one of the strongest abilities a Flying-type would have, further increasing its usefulness.

Last edited:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's been months since X and Y came out

Why do people still increase base HP in megas?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
My favorite pokemon :p

Leafeon (normal) Leaf guard HA Chlorophyll
Hp 65, atk 110, def 130, SpA, 60, SpD 65, Speed 95 (525)

Leafeon (Mega) Sap Sipper (still working on ability...)
Hp -, atk 130, def 150, SpA 70, SpD 90, Speed 115 (620)

Last edited:

CheapMovieMonster

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryLink17
3DS FC
1891-1579-9718
I still don't know why the starters for X and Y didn't get megaevolutions, seems odd for them to debut in the same game that mega-evolutions debuted in as well only for them to not get any mega-evolutions themselves IMO.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I still don't know why the starters for X and Y didn't get megaevolutions, seems odd for them to debut in the same game that mega-evolutions debuted in as well only for them to not get any mega-evolutions themselves IMO.
Since I took Mega Evolutions sort of as a way to give new life to old Pokemon, I'm not really surprised that they didn't give them megas yet. They can just wait a few gens to give them megas instead of releasing them when they're new and everyone's still excited about them.

CheapMovieMonster

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryLink17
3DS FC
1891-1579-9718
Since I took Mega Evolutions sort of as a way to give new life to old Pokemon, I'm not really surprised that they didn't give them megas yet. They can just wait a few gens to give them megas instead of releasing them when they're new and everyone's still excited about them.
While I do have to agree with you, there are some things that confuse me regarding older pokemon getting Mega Evolutions just as much as I'm already confused about certain newer pokemon not getting them.

There are pokemon like Lucario and especially Blaziken who were already decent on their own and were fairly popular even before they got their Mega Evolutions whereas other pokemon are just "lost to the void" because they have no redeeming qualities whatsoever; on another note, regarding Blaziken, while I do like that the rest of the Hoenn starters are going to get Mega-evs. for the upcoming OR/AS, how come they didn't have them from the get-go like Blaziken did, following suit in the decision to give all of the Kanto starters mega-evs.?

Don't get me wrong on this, I'm not upset in the slightest about Gamefreaks' decisions on this fascinating new feature and if they really did want to choose older generation pokemon as the pokemon who'd take advantage of this then I'm okay with it but it feels like some really odd choices were made, at least to me.

Last edited:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
While I do have to agree with you, there are some things that confuse me regarding older pokemon getting Mega Evolutions just as much as I'm already confused about certain newer pokemon not getting them.

There are pokemon like Lucario and especially Blaziken who were already decent on their own and were fairly popular even before they got their Mega Evolutions whereas other pokemon are just "lost to the void" because they have no redeeming qualities whatsoever; on another note, regarding Blaziken, while I do like that the rest of the Hoenn starters are going to get Mega-evs. for the upcoming OR/AS, how come they didn't have them from the get-go like Blaziken did, following suit in the decision to give all of the Kanto starters mega-evs.?

Don't get me wrong on this, I'm not upset in the slightest about Gamefreaks' decisions on this fascinating new feature and if they really did want to choose older generation pokemon as the pokemon who'd take advantage of this then I'm okay with it but it feels like some really odd choices were made, at least to me.
What you're saying is I think pretty much correct, but I don't think Nintendo was looking to give new life to those Pokemon for the people who were around when they first existed. I think the reason they focused so much around the big ones like Charizard and Mewtwo and Lucario and Blaziken is that those are Pokemon who were already popular, and by spiffing them up with Mega Evolutions they have a reason to put them in the spotlight, and that can attract new fans to the series, or can entice relatively new ones who haven't seen those Pokemon before. Some of it is maybe trying to flare up the interest of people who aren't into it anymore and were into it when they were popular, but since the primary audience is still kids, I assume that's what it was aiming for.

I assume they did Blaziken with X/Y and didn't do Swampert and Sceptile until OR/AS were announced because they didn't have the same level of popularity, and the original starters all have some amount of popularity just due to being the originals, but I was a little confused on that too (and the fact that we didn't get starters across the board since that seemed like a pretty obvious choice to me).

Of course, I think this is all based on my personal speculation, so I could be entirely off. But that's what I'm hypothesizing, and it makes some sense given that we haven't seen any 5th or 6th gen megas yet (excluding Diancie). I'll agree that they made some odd choices regardless of the reasoning, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wanna see Mega Exploud

with scrappy as his ability

Maybe some points in speed

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Ah, let's see....

Sableye
Metagross
Pidgeot
Skarmory
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Lapras
Vileplume
Magnezone
Flygon
Raichu
Wigglytuff
Butterfree
Beedrill
Claydol
Walrein
Shiftry
Ludicolo
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Electivire
Magmortar
Crawdaunt

I could go on but I probably shouldn't.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
The two I really want to see are Mega-Blissey and Mega-Dusknoir, just so they get some use over their unevolved forms. I also want to see Primal Regigigas.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The absolute last thing we need is to make the pink blobs stronger

Chansey is already borderline broken in this meta, we don't need a normal-type Lugia mucking up OU.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Mega-Blissey won't make Chansey any stronger, and you'll have to use your precious Mega slot to use her...

My suggested distro:

Ability: Thick Fur

HP:255
ATK:10
DEF:60
Sp.A:95
Sp.D:165
Spe:55

This means that she's a little more specially bulky than standard (physically invested) Chansey, and can take physical hits like crazy too... at the cost of natural cure, meaning she has a clear weakness to toxic unless she carries heal bell.

Not necessarily better than Chansey, but different enough that Blissey won't be utterly outclassed.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Blissey: 288-339 (40.3 - 47.4%)
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 166-196 (49.7 - 58.6%)
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 774-912 (109.9 - 129.5%)
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion 120 BP Rock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 175-207 (42 - 49.7%)

I would say losing a moveslot for Heal Bell is very much worth that. You're physically bulkier than Lugia with Multiscale activated while being the best special wall in the game.

Hell, that would just be straight the best wall in the game. Nothing could actually KILL it. It'd have to be banned from official tournaments (not even just Smogon, OFFICIAL GAMEFREAK TOURNAMENTS) because every game would end in a PP stall war between 2 Mega Blissey.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Haha, okay, fair enough, maybe drop the fur coat... Although I'm sure your calc's wrong, going by showdown:

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 154-183 (37 - 43.9%)
How does Lugia increasing defense evs make him take more damage?

Either way I always forget just how stupid fur coat is, I thought it was 20% reduction for some reason when I wrote that, but even then looking at the calcs that'd likely still be too much.

She could still take more to the special defense given how she's only just better than Chansey (8 evs difference for a mega, pfft!), and let's not forget the completely useless attack stat you can dump for balance reasons.

How about just changing the ability to Healer, still keeping the toxic weakness for impressive, but not quite so impenitrable, defenses?

If they're really scared they can give Mega-Blissey base 40 def, which isn't massively higher than Chansey's... or heck, base 30, which makes her LESS bulky than eviolite Chansey... just make Blissey useful in some way!

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Ah, I see, I skim read it and must have just replaced it with Stone Edge as I know that's what he actually carries.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
My standard answer to this question is Metagross, but we're finally getting one! The other Pokemon that I really want to see a Mega for is Yanmega. A type change to Dragon/Bug and a name like Mega Yanmega are just too great to be ignored. I think it could make for a pretty great special sweeper, too.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
I got one,
Mega Zoroark
Illusion Fox Pokemon
Type: Dark/Psychic
Ability: Illusion
Height: 6'00"
Weight: 183.8 lbs
HP-60
ATK-125 DEF-70
SP. ATK-150 SP. DEF-70
SPEED-135
Total-610

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Magikarp.
Not Gyarados, but Magikarp. It has a new ability could Godness, where every attack is a sure-hit OHKO and makes him immune to all forms of damage. The Magikarpite and Magikarp are your starter, and in this new game, Splash does 99999999 damage.

In all seriousness... GIMME MY MEGA DRAGONITE!

Top Bottom