• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What other chars do you use(not for help, just for something to do)

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Okay, so because the Peach boards have been dead the last couple of days I thought it would be fun to talk about this.(this is like my taunt thread) What characters do you use besides Peach, and why? Do you only play peach, why? Are you using other characters to cover for weak match-ups or just to mix it up. I'll go first

1)Bowser
I started playing bowser recently and I must say he is incredibly easy to use and isn't a bad character. There isn't much to think about when you are him, unlike Peach which is kind of a constant mind game. I use bowser when I want to take a break from Peach, because he is easier to use. Also, he has similar matchups against the top chars.

2) Ice Climbers
they are a guilty pleasure of mine. When you can grab someone and then just kill them, whats not to like my friends hate them now that I cna do the grabs so I dont use them mucnh anymore.

3) R.O.B. used to be my main before peach. I got REALLY good with him, and my friends wouldn't let me use him anymore... So I decided I would use Peach, the rest isn't quite history. I just like the gyro and lazer more than anything, plus he has one of the best recoveries in the game.

Okay, give input people.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
1) Shiek/Zelda
They are my other main, however I do better against ceartain characters with peach and vice versa. See me at the Shiek boards for more info XD.

2) ICECLIMBERS!
Chaingrabbing FTW... It's too hard to online though so I don't even bother with them on wifi.

3)JIGGLYPUFF!
If I am completely destroying the competition, Jigglypuff is fun. It's almost like a slap in the face to even use such a character(to some people). Plus the jumping, rest, and WOP is fun as hell. Jiggs really isn't that bad, besides the fact you die so early...

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'm gonna sum it up.

Peach.

Dedede, Snake: both are powerful and live for so long, chaingrabs, brokeness.

Zelda: mostly for team battles.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Zelda/Sheik- Mostly Zelda, but I occasionally switch to Sheik for a different style and/or to refresh stale moves. Zelda's moves are nice, I love her Usmashes, the kicks, tilts, and just her style. And of course, Din's! Sheik is just plain fun to use, Ftilt is amazing, and I'm going to study up soon on Chain Jacketing.

Zero Suit Samus- Fun to use, and is just plain cool. I love using the stun gun moves. The Flip Jump can turn into a spike or help your recovery if you footstool. And UpB is a great antiair, so fun. Plus, Nair never decays, or so I hear.

I'm a male and my main and secondaries are woman. Pinnacle of masculinity, there. [/sarcasm]

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I play around with Lucario because I've learned him well from fighting my rival's Lucario so much, Snake because I've learned the character so well from the matchup (plus, it's fun to kill noobs with traps instead of tilts). And I want to play DK because he does so well against the characters I have trouble with, but he's just not my style (I love aerial combat) so I'm struggling with him.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Wolf: My Favorite character in Nintendo actually (i freaked when i found out he was in XD im a big starfox fanboy well more like a starwolf fanboy) hes such a fun character to use and i'm trying to up my game with him lately.

Zelda: I like magic (anything that is shiny i will like) and zelda gives me the satisfaction that theres a magic user in brawl and melee

Princess Martha: I didnt really like princess martha too much in melee, but i dont mind her as much in brawl, she just seems alot less broken and i like it, not that im any good with her but i do play as her every now and then

Lucario: Lucario spawned my wonderful pet, the llamacario. so i use him time to time :)

Oh and i also sometimes use dedede

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Dedede: Because I'm a Kirby fan, and I wanted to main him as soon as he got confirmed. At first I didn't like him, he was my first heavyweight main ever >_< But now I love him (CG, tilts, aerial game, recovery, crouch), he's my second best character, and my only hope against Ekans.

Kirby: He was my second main in Melee, and that was not supposed to change in Brawl @_@ As I said before, I love Kirby, and I had a great time with him in Melee, despite him being bottom tier. I love Brawl Kirby too, but somehow I miss the Kirbycides, the dtilt and some other things. Anyway, Kirby rocks (recovery, bair, dair, dthrow, fsmash, cutter, etc.), he's my third best character.

Jigglypuff: One of my favorite Pokémon ever ^^ I mained Puff in SSB64, and she was my 3rd main in Melee. Sometimes it's very hard to win with her, but I love her aerial game, her recovery, her dash, rollout, pound and rest >_< She's really fun. My 4th best character.

Sheik: I never played Sheik in Melee (I liked Zelda better), but I love Brawl Sheik. I recently started to play as her, mostly because now she's underused, and because she looks really cool ^^ At first I had a hard time adapting, but now I guess I'm OK with her (I love her dash, ftilt, tricky recovery, needles, usmash, nair, needles... needles). I also play Zelda, but not nearly as much as in Melee... when she was underused >_<

Sonic: Because I like his games, and because he's underused. He's a fun character, but like every other character I play (except Dedede), is not really good at killing.

Some other characters: Pikachu, Lucario, Pokémon Trainer, Mario.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Wolf: My Favorite character in Nintendo actually (i freaked when i found out he was in XD im a big starfox fanboy) hes such a fun character to use and i'm trying to up my game with him lately.
Peppy is better.
"DO A BARREL ROLL" foo.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong - I started using him when Brawl came out, I didn't want to use him in Melee for some reason. I would always make fun of my brother because he was going to an all-guys school and I told him he could only go if he wore a DK tie (ties were part of the dress code) so I made fun of him and me and my friends would sing the DK Rap after that I just started thinking he was awesome.

Mario - I'm a Mario fan-boy and I love the way he edgeguards, I wish they gave him his Luma Spin though.

Fox - I like Star Fox and I love to use drill shine off-stage which usually leaves me shining people off-screen on the bottom of the stage. Fox has an awesome recovery though, so he can still get back.

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman
I almost never use other characters at all... my brother always wants to kill me for it.

-Olimar: Like Peach, he is one of the most hilarious characters. When i first played him I could not stop laughing at the way he ran, his down tilt and all his taunts. If I where to pick a secondary he would be my first option, although I am obviously better with the cheaper ones.... (v v v v)

-G&W: I used him in the last tournament I went to for doubles. He has that kind of robotic physics that kind of remind me of Wario. Anyways, I just use it cause my bro told me everyone needs a cheap character :p

-Zelda: I use her more for fun than serious matches. Zelda was my very first main in Melee, but she just sucked I couldn't use her (this was Melee people, not Brawl). The fact that she's so freakishly strong is cool, I've never liked sweeper characters, those really fast ones that do moderate damage. I like slowers that are buff. Oh Ganon, no hell noes.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Cant Let you do that Praxis.
try barrel rolling a wolf fsmash.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Just what I needed to see - Llmacario *shudders in fright*

I occasionaly use Snake simply so I can say to myself "This guy is so broken" but my other main character is Sonic since I'm a huge fan on the series. It's a shame they gave me horrible priority. It's odd really because he's very different to Peach

Villi

Smash Lord
Zelda/Sheik -- Tough team to beat. Zelda is all kill moves and Sheik is a friggin ninja. Magical powers, needles, and chains. Oh my!

ZSS -- Stun gun and plasma wire are too good. She can turn the tide of a match so fast with a dsmash.

Samus -- She's not my favorite to use, but I love homing missile spamming and fair to dtilts. She has some good combo moves, and her little circle bomb thing is so funny to use. Plus her zair is just lol She's campy...

Marth -- She's a pretty tough chick.

cwm123

Smash Cadet
I also use:

Jigglypuff- Deny your enemy the privilege of touching ground!

Zelda- Usmash-Usmash-SHNair!

Sheik- Much fun. Go Ftilt lock!

Marth- The fast sword-user that isn't overly cheap. Also, Marth jokes stopped being funny seven years ago. Let it die.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Hmmmmm... other characters I use....

Zelda/Shiek: It's funny how many Peach players also play Zelda,Sheik, or both. Maybe its because they are just fun to use. =P So anyway, I use them.

Ike: He's strong, cool, buff, and manly, what's not to like?;)

Pit: Simple to use in my opinion and I like how he plays.;)

Pikachu: Adorable, cute outfits, and I like his Advanced Techniques. I also use him against Snakes and Wolfs when I feel like it.=P

Kirby: Cute, overall good character. ;)

Lucas: I don't know, maybe he's just awesome? ;)

Sonic: I like the fast style of play he has.

^__^" I guess I have weird reasons for playing the characters I play.^__^"

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Ness - Super fun. I'm a huge Earthbound fan, and I LOVE his spike.
DK - Super fun. Love the power, a nice change from Peach. Love to space with him.
Jiggs- Wayyyy too fun.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
You know, I just realized something. In Melee, I mained Peach, but then I recall my secondary was Zelda! Weird, I completely forgot about it!

Oh, and on the occasion I will play Lucas or Samus.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I figure there isn't a true need for a secondary if your main is too good. ;3. See one of the main reasons people pick secondaries is to deal with Counterpicks. It makes sense, but also remember that Counterpicks and tough match ups are HARD but not IMPOSSIBLE. Theoretically if your main doesn't have something that can be exploited like crazy...TECHNICALLY you can fight an uphill battle and win.

Then of course you have people who just pick up secondaries for fun, which of course is too good. <3.

Peach is just my character and I love using her all the time, all I'm saying. :3

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Great topic, BurtonEarny!

In addition to Peach, I use (in alphabetical order):

Falco - I originally used him in "Melee" 'cause he was similar to Fox. I like how he has more of his own style in "Brawl".

BTW, the guys over in the Falco forum want to know where Peach got the recipe for Falco's BREAD to bake her cakes for Mario with. (LOLOLOL)

Fox - He's one of the three characters I've used since the original "Super Smash Bros." for the N64. In fact, he was my main in that particular game!

Jigglypuff - She's one of the three characters I've used since the original "Super Smash Bros." for the N64. She was my second-best character in that game.

Lucario - I have a Lucario on my "Pokemon Diamond" team. In "Brawl", he's tricky, but interesting!

Prince Marth (;)) - My favorite character! He's so handsome, lithesome, fearsome, and well, awesome!

Wow, that's a lot of 'somes. :laugh:

*SIGHS* I love him. :love:

Pikachu - He's one of the three characters I've used since the original "Super Smash Bros." for the N64. He was my third best in that game.

Pit - Shortly before "Brawl's" NA release, I gave thought to playing as this guy. He turned out to be pretty cool!

R.O.B. - Before I unlocked him, I gave thought to using him. After I got him, I tried him out in Training mode and liked him, so he made the cut.

If I ever find a R.O.B. at a garage sale, flea market, or thrift store, I'm buying it! :chuckle:

Zero Suit Samus - She was my favorite newcomer in the very first "Brawl" trailer that came out two years ago (remember THAT one?). I think she's way cooler without her Power Suit because that thing makes her look like a robot, which made it hard for me to relate to her despite the fact she's one of the best female heroes in gamedom.

And there you go. :)

Also, Marth jokes stopped being funny seven years ago. Let it die.
W0RD.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Just what I needed to see - Llmacario *shudders in fright*

I occasionaly use Snake simply so I can say to myself "This guy is so broken" but my other main character is Sonic since I'm a huge fan on the series. It's a shame they gave me horrible priority. It's odd really because he's very different to Peach
I would have never known you liked sonic, jp. Anyway, are there certain chars you guys refuse to be?

I wont be snake unless its with items, because I suck so hard with him. I dont think I could beat a lvl. 5 cpu with snake. Serious!:( I'm never princess martha just because I played as him in melee for a while and got sick of him. I'm not D.K. much eaither pretty much for the same reason I'm not snake.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I don't really have any secondaries. Competitively I only use Peach, but for funsies:

Ness! Besides being so adorable, I've used him since 64.
and Olimar! I'm glad no one here saw me when he was announced on the Dojo. *screams at monitor* :D

Top Bottom