• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What music do you listen to?

What is your favourite music genre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
i'll listen to pretty much anything except country and classic rock. i can listen to things from the 60s or 70s but classic rock is just incredibly boring to me. metal gets a little hard to listen to sometimes but if i really feel like listening to something aggressive then sometimes i'll listen to some of the death metal records that are collecting dust in my archives. but this isn't often and i think a lot of metal feels incredibly contrived – interesting change of heart considering that i listened to nothing but metal throughout middle school and much of high school.

my music collection is going through an interesting and a thoroughly exciting phase. it's an exciting time for my itunes library too. for a while it was mostly indie rock, post-punk, and “golden-age” hip-hop, but now i'm adding more contemporary rap music, some r&b, and a lot of ambient and noise and jazz. i'm even adding some classical music into the mix: although i'm relatively uninitiated into classical, i really like bach and brahms and liszt and chopin. i've been meaning to listen to strauss more too. i think i like 20th-century composers more though, e.g. rachmaninov, shostakovich, etc. a little jazz too but not too much. i don't have too much time to spend looking up new music anymore because i'm doing two majors at one of the most notoriously difficult universities in the nation but i really like what i've found so far in 2015. one of the things i've noticed is that very little music actually really “stays” with me or has a certain emotional salience in my psyche: most things i've listened to in the past three or four years just haven't stuck with me at all. i can listen to some song from elvis depressedly or mogwai and it's like… cool… but i don't really know if i'm supposed to feel anything from this. really i just seek out things that make me think about music differently.

Last edited:

Ryuki of Spiral Rhapsody

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
I describe my music preferences based on artist rather than genre, because, to be honest, one could argue I like every genre.

At the moment, I am hung up on Death Grips, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and Madeon.

Top Bottom