• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What music do you listen to while hitting the lab?

Phanton404

Smash Rookie
Do you people listen to something in specific to keep you up while doing muscle memory practice?

MagnumMuskox

Smash Cadet
I listen to Classical piano pieces. Stuff I don't listen to anywhere else (except tourneys).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
'The lab'? Is this something Super Smash Bros. related? I guess I don't understand why SSB topics are allowed in this section, but whatever.

If I could relate this to working, or doing homework (now that I don't work anymore), I just listen to my playlist of normal music I listen to. Which is mix of mostly music from the 60s/70s and various eras classical. Never really understood the need for different playlists for different occasions. If I like music, it will keep me working/moving, doesn't matter whether it's slow and soft or fast and loud (not that I listen to much fast and loud, some but not much lol).

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Bassoonist Bassoonist , Hitting the Lab" (a.k.a. "Labbing") is just what we call going into Practice mode to experiment with our characters. Well I guess it doesn't have to be specifically in Practice mode, just anything you're doing to practice really. I, for example, like to do Infinite Time All-star Versus against Random CPU opponents to practice comboing characters of different weights and sizes.

As for what I usually listen to, it varies a lot. I listen to a pretty broad range of music, and I don't have a specific playlist for Labbing or anything. Recently, though, I've been on a R&B kick, so it's been a lot of that.

Last edited:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
When I used to lab often I'd put on the things I'd listen to a lot during the time of Smash 64/Melee's release. Nostalgia keeps things fresh I guess. :p

sijon

Smash Ace
Nujabes, jinsang, other chill/hip hop artists, vaporwave, and DnB for getting me pumped :)

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Honestly, I like listening to video game music more than any other music, so I normally listen to calm music from either Animal Crossing, Pokemon, or sometimes the Halo soundtrack

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I alternate between gospel music and the Hannah Montana 2 CD (which I've had for eight years and only played 10 times:rolleyes:).

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I rarely listen to anything unless I am just autopiloting on Training mode, like doing a list of combos and the percentages they work when I already know what I'm gonna test and the only thing I can do is try every combo in a ton of percentages.
When that is the case, I always find myself listening to Soul, New Wave, Vaporwave or Plunderphonics.

BagrB0y

Smash Cadet
Depends on what Im feeling, can be anything from the in-game background music, 10 hours of relaxing music, light rap (I.E. GoRemy), techno/EDM, classic Rock, Piano, to random bands, songs, authors, etc. on Youtube.

Top Bottom