• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What music do you listen to when you play Sonic?

GabPR

Smash Lord
Just a fun thread to get to know everyone better. Here is the question, what music makes you feel fast and mighty when you play with the blue speed demon? Mine is DnB, current favorite son being Aurora Nova- from the artist Breakshift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjP8ZfX4UfI

It makes me feel as if Sonic is moving twice as fast :D

GabPR

Smash Lord
This is gonna sound weird, but I actually get really pumped up on tourneys when I hear Never gonna give you up by Rick Astley. I dunno it just gets me really pumped up for some reason xD. In winners finals of my last tourney I was losing by 2 matches and a friend of mine managed to get that song on speakers, as a result I four stocked my opponent. I still lost the next round but i managed to bring it back in grand finals. Music is a powerful tool indeed.

roxolid

Smash Cadet
GabPR... That's a beautiful and inspirational story, thank you for sharing. Still can't tell if I was just metaphorically rickrolled or not though...

When practicing with the Blue Blur, I usually listen to metal or prog rock. Here's a good example of one of the lighter songs:

A Favor House Atlantic by Coheed and Cambria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpE9MEYz_g

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
Depends on my mood, but this song in particular is definitely one of my favorite Songs and really makes me get hype when am I playing with Sonic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9CTmXMEkiM its called Still Blastin' and I originally found it on Newgrounds a few years ago.

Ballos46

Smash Rookie
No no no you guys have it all wrong. Ever single sonic player should always listen to one song.
And that song is super sonic racing. Nothing will ever beat that song

-"Gotta go fast"

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
disappointed that "speedcore" hasn't been the answer here yet

you're not fast enough. do you want to go fast, sonic players

Ballos46

Smash Rookie
Sonic Boom comes close but I still think super sonic racing would still take it just because its so intense.

Burning

Smash Rookie
NNID
kazuna-kasai
3DS FC
1977-0205-0646
I don't actually listen to music while playing Sonic GAMES, because the music in them is good enough...
And usually in the Smash games, the songs are decent too. But if I was to actually choose a song to play...

/watch?v=lcD2a_Zuthw - Live and Learn Instumental. Probably the most awesome songs ever to kick ass with as Sonic ever. And it's so intense. It really does feel like an all or nothing situation, just like it was in SA2. I'll never get tired of this song.

/watch?v=dDpbmFuYVIk - Droids vs Bikers. A song from DBZ, but oh my god it's like the most intense thing. Love it. ...The intro is weird as hell, but when it kicks in... oh boy.

P.S. I hate not being able to post links until a certain post count. Seriously. T_T (If I've broken a rule here please tell me. ._.)

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
I just made a folder for Jet Set Radio/Future music in my MP3 player having it put on shuffle mode and then kick ass.

Last edited:

BenjieJay

Smash Rookie
I usually go with any music was in or that sounds like the songs they had in Sonic Adventure 2, like Live and Learn , etc.
Although I've been hooked on a song from Anarchy Reigns called Kill Em' All. It gets me so hyped during a set >:3

Misinko

Smash Cadet
His World (Zebrahead version[extend]). I accept no substitutes. It's the perfect song to get me pumped for a fight.

Burning

Smash Rookie
NNID
kazuna-kasai
3DS FC
1977-0205-0646
I love Bossfight - Milkyways on the CB. That song is amazing to me. It fits playing as Sonic against anyone for me. :p

Vultron

Smash Apprentice
I usually listen to some DnB, or something with a really catchy tune. If the song is really fast and upbeat, you can bet your ass it's on my personal build.

Top Bottom