• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What movesets do you want to see changed in smash 4?

WalrusBiscuit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalrusBiscuit
Like what moves would you want to replace with other moves! for example. removing sheiks grenade and adding the whip again.

LightLV

Smash Ace
Samus' moveset with literally anything else

Zelda's U and F special into moves that are actually good

Falco's Laser with one that doesn't get you punished on hit

WalrusBiscuit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalrusBiscuit
Samus' moveset with literally anything else

Zelda's U and F special into moves that are actually good

Falco's Laser with one that doesn't get you punished on hit
The falco laser is his own laser which makes him less of a fox clone

LightLV

Smash Ace
The falco laser is his own laser which makes him less of a fox clone
Yes, and it sucks. Very badly.

When characters like Shiek, Mario and Luigi can literally punish you for blocking their projectile, it makes me a little bitter that i can be haflway across the map, shoot you with falco's laser, and still get punished before he recovers.

Last edited:

PerryEllis

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf is most deserving.

B - electric ball he casted at Link in ocarina of time.
B side - leaping sword strike. (Not dashing)
B down - either counter or a bowser/yoshi type ground pounding axe kick.

And get rid of up A and make him a sword wielder or magic user. Keep him true to his depictions in the Zelda games.

TheMarsh

Smash Rookie
NNID
tedsterkid
Zelda should have light arrows for some move. It's literally the only thing she uses in the actual game. Also, give Samus literally any other moveset as long as it's not completely broken

MrMFC

Smash Cadet
NNID
iLFurkan
Ganondorf really needs a new moveset, also Kirby's UpB should be changed (I really like what they added to it in Project M). Same for his dash attack, I liked Melee's dash attack more.

LightLV

Smash Ace
Ganondorf is most deserving.

B - electric ball he casted at Link in ocarina of time.
B side - leaping sword strike. (Not dashing)
B down - either counter or a bowser/yoshi type ground pounding axe kick.

And get rid of up A and make him a sword wielder or magic user. Keep him true to his depictions in the Zelda games.
I agree, the Zelda clones are the most egregious offenders in this series.

It was okay for Young Link to be a speedy clone of Link, but Wind Waker Link is a completely different situation. He has items and a fighting style none of the others had, and his moveset reflects none of that. Seriously, not even having the moving hurricane spin is a major problem. Interestingly ProjectM did alot more for toon link than Smash4 did.

Ganondorf is another issue. He has never fought with his bare hands. There have been 2 brilliant opportunities to turn him into a transformation character (OoT) , or give him a sword (TP), or give him real magic (all of them), but he's stuck in Falcon clone mode. None of his attacks are in any of the games he's in.

He would make more sense as a Zelda clone than a Falcon clone. They've just been really lazy with him.

Last edited:

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
We need falco lazers fixed!!!
Also I want marth's melee moveset back but I know it won't happen

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I wouldn't mind Doc getting a moveset overhaul, cause sharing moves with Mario is not working in his favor as is.

Silxer

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind Doc getting a moveset overhaul, cause sharing moves with Mario is not working in his favor as is.
Yea, I can say the same thing for Dark Pit getting his whole moveset reworked as well.

Also, I wouldn't mind some of Palutena's customs be her default moves (like Lightweight replacing counter or Super Speed replacing reflect), even if it's a weaker version of the original custom move (like a weaker version of lightweight for) I wouldn't mind that at all.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
For me, there are three reason why I'd want a character's moveset changed.

1. They're insufferable to fight against.
  • Rosalina
  • Lucario
  • Villager
  • Pac-Man
2. They're irredeemably bad.
  • Little Mac
  • Wii Fit Trainer
3. They have nothing to do with their games.
  • Wario
  • Ganondorf
  • Toon Link (technically his moveset fits his games, but they could make an entirely new character out of just 2D and Wind Waker stuff instead of just making him small Link)
  • Palutena (or just take her out I guess)

Last edited:
Top Bottom