• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What moves do you most frequently KO with?

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
This may sound incredibly counter-intuitive, but I find that against good players, Bowser actually has trouble killing. Sure, some of his attacks have some of the highest knockback of any character in the game, but unfortunately, all the moves of his that have even a semblance of KO potential frankly don't seem like they are ever going to hit someone who knows what they're doing. On the other hand, his moves that can actually consistently hit a good player (Fire Breath, Whirling Fortress, Nair, jab and throws unless near the edge) do not KO until ridiculously high %s, if at all.

So, I'd like to know from the Bowser mains, what are your top 5 most frequently used KO moves and how would you typically hit a good player with it?

Steam

Smash Hero
Bair, Ftilt, sideB. bowser is actually awesome at killing, I might be dropping lucario for him because lucario has so much trouble killing.

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
I don't see how Forward B can connect consistently against a good player, due to its lag and extremely short range.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Most kills will probably come from normals and the occasional Upsmash if they were foolish enough to challenge it. Passive and defensive aggression is the best way to play Bowser. As it stands Flying Slam is situational.

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
For some reasons, I kill A LOT with F-tilt and D-tilt.

And also I kill with U-smash at the edge. This move covers EVERYTHING they can possibly do when edgehogging and Shellguard is stupid good.

Yes, this is against good players. The patient ones. Aggro' ones got some F-smashes in the face...

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
D-tilt, U-tilt, Bair, Fair, Uair, Klaw, Usmash. It's all about setting up.

You have to be good to kill good players. Gwa ha ha.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I find off stage chase Fairs are one of my best killers. Seriously, just run off the stage and Fair. No need to jump most of the time since people usually try to recover low and expect Bowser to try to Bair (which is easier to see coming).

And yeah, klaw, despite its liabilities and whatnot, is one of our easiest killing moves because it comes out lightning quick.

I've also swatted a few people off the screen with just an ftilt...

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Klaw's definitely my most utilized kill move. Not as handy as in Brawl but it's still a command grab.

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
Side smash and Back air, for the most part.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Against adequate players-

Bair,Forward Tilt(by edge,high%),and then its forward smash in third. XD

Last edited:

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
I find off stage chase Fairs are one of my best killers. Seriously, just run off the stage and Fair. No need to jump most of the time since people usually try to recover low and expect Bowser to try to Bair (which is easier to see coming).

And yeah, klaw, despite its liabilities and whatnot, is one of our easiest killing moves because it comes out lightning quick.

I've also swatted a few people off the screen with just an ftilt...
Off stage fair is my #1 these days, followed by Klaw and usmash.

B!squick

Smash Master
Fortress OoS when they're overly aggressive on the first stock, FAir or BAir for the second one once their butts have been loosened up, pivot FTilt the last stock for style points when they get desperate.

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
Fortress OoS when they're overly aggressive on the first stock, FAir or BAir for the second one once their butts have been loosened up, pivot FTilt the last stock for style points when they get desperate.
Fortress doesn't KO until around 150%+. You need to be more aggressive if that if your frequent killer.

B!squick

Smash Master
@ Karsticles Karsticles Just because Bowser has to be aggressive, doesn't mean he wants to be. It's all about capitalizing on the situation because other than Jab1 and NAir, ALL of Bowser's moves are KO moves. I use the first stock to feel them out and Fortress OoS is normally what secures it. Then for the second stock I'll have the advantage because I should be at 100% or more. Rage mechanic is the unsung hero of Bowser's ability to be awesome in this game.

You may breathe fire, but that doesn't mean you can't afford to be cool.

Last edited:

MrEh

Smash Hero
Most of my kills are from Bowser Bombs.

These are not yolo bombs that people do to break shields and stuff. These are bombs that are used as punishes and during frame traps.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I've recently discovered the wonder that is making people airdodge right above the stage, then fastfalling into an Usmash for the kill...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
If they're not gonna nerf it for Lucario, I sure as hell hope they don't nerf it for Bowser...

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
If they're not gonna nerf it for Lucario, I sure as hell hope they don't nerf it for Bowser...
Lucario has it all don't he? Rage. Aura. A counter move. A Command Grab. A projectile. A wall cling/jump. Good recovery. The works.

Netherfall

Smash Cadet
NNID
bambamboombop
3DS FC
1822-1445-5706
F-tilt, D-tilt, Fair, Dair, Usmash typically. Sometimes Side B or Down B if I catch rolls/shields.

B!squick

Smash Master
Lucario has it all don't he? Rage. Aura. A counter move. A Command Grab. A projectile. A wall cling/jump. Good recovery. The works.
The funny thing about Lucario's command grab is that the grabbox might be even smaller than Klaw's. On the occasions when I play Lucario, I just use his SideB at higher percents for it's giant hitbox. It's, like, the safest move in the game.

... Why am I not maining Lucario? o.o

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The funny thing about Lucario's command grab is that the grabbox might be even smaller than Klaw's. On the occasions when I play Lucario, I just use his SideB at higher percents for it's giant hitbox. It's, like, the safest move in the game.

... Why am I not maining Lucario? o.o
Because trolling the piss out of people with villager or DHD is so much more fun...

B!squick

Smash Master
Nah, if I'm gonna troll I'll play Pac-Man. That Dash Attack and DTilt are so stupid good. No one ever shield grabs.

Donovan McGrabb

Smash Rookie
Honestly, bowser has amazing kill potential. Especially if you get a red roll with your side smash. It has such great killing potential but it is just difficult to land. Fair/Bair are pretty easy to hit and kill quickly. and a running side b against an opponent that shields often, could lead to an easy 18% or a kill.

GanonDuck

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ganonduck
DownB, sideB, Fair and Bair are my most used kill moves. When im really behind i start playing more risky and try landing Fsmashes, ive made some amazing comebacks utilizing the crazy killing power like KOing lightweights at around 35-45% when im in rage.

Top Bottom