• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What made you fall in love with Robin?

Rikke

Smash Rookie
NNID
SageDragoon
3DS FC
0473-8198-9847
Ugh what am I doing posting two threads in one night @_@ I'm probably gonna get in trouble, but :4robinf: Here I go!

I like hearing what people have to say about anything. so I thought I would make this just to learn more about those Robin Mains out there, What made you wanna play Robin so much you decided to main Him/Her?
For me it was Love at first sight, I loved FE:A, I even played a fem Robin, saw the trailer and was amazed (I really love magic knights) . from then on I decided to become the best Robin ever known.
So what's your story? literally tell me anything that you love about Robin.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The cloak, the potential VAs (from Michelle Ruff to Laura Landa [in Smash] and David Vincent to Christopher Corey Smith), the silvery hair & twintails, his/her role in the story, the fact that he/she is a loving and attentive parent to his/her children when he/she meets them for the first time...

Characters who are actively into reading are some of my favorites in fictions, especially when they put that hobby into good use for something. I made a whole post about why I liked Robin months ago in the Social Thread, so let me bring it up here:

What do I like most about Robin?

That’s…a hard question to answer. Which is strange, because she was my third most wanted character for this game, and Fire Emblem is one of my favorite video game franchises out there. I suppose it’s because out of all the potential FE newcomers for this game, Robin was supposed to be the audience surrogate, in a sense, you, guiding the player through the world of Fire Emblem Awakening and providing them a way to save its world. Chrom couldn't do that for the audience, he was the Lord that everyone knew and love, and would become the face of the army. He was just the guy you looked at and followed. Lucina also didn't outright reveal herself until much later, and much of her characterization is drawn upon by the Hero-King Marth, an existing FE character and ancient Lord. But Robin is the character that is most relatable to the average player, and just about nearly everything that happens in the story is related to her somehow, whether its from cataclysmic events in the future or through victorious means achieved because of her tactics. Even though Chrom was supposed to be in every battle, it's explicitly clear that every battle in the game was won because of Robin's tactics.

In terms of game-play, I like Robin because of her capabilities as a Magic Knight in her default class (Tactician). I've always been fond of Magic-users because in real life, that’s the class that I would want to become, and swords are some of my favorite weapons in anything ever. In SSB, every character we've gotten so far was a male Lord who primarily (and in some cases, only) used swords as weapons, and despite the fact that there are much more interesting weapons to choose from in that series, we were limited to only these characters, lessening the appeal to the Fire Emblem series. Imagine if we only got Chrom, outsiders to this series would look upon the characters and scoff at what they just saw, saying “Three blue-haired swordsmen?! What are they, brothers, or is everybody in that franchise the same type of character?”

Robin can re-class into virtually any class that is possible for her gender (females can’t get male-only classes like Warriors for example), obtain any of their skills, and support with anyone and everyone you can recruit. Chrom can support with only a limited amount of people, and he has a small class set comparable with every other character. This makes her the most important character in the game IMO, and up there along the likes of Marth, considered by many to be the face of the franchise.

Her character design is also really nice. I like the textures on her cloak, the three-eyes of Grima motif on her sleeves, and the use of black-and-gold as the cloak's primary colors. She’s also very attractive, though I’ll admit this as a guy that M!Robin’s not too bad-looking in Smash.

Even though it's been a month after her reveal, I'm still ecstatic that Robin is an actual playable character in Smash.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I love wizards. I love Smash Brothers. Robin is the first wizard in Smash. That's all there is to it. I haven't even played FE:A yet (blasphemy!).

I chose pink-haired female Robin because I think she's the most attractive. I like to play females because I'd rather spend the next 30,000 hours looking at a lady than at a dude.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I love using Robin. I also can say "I defeated you with one hand while reading Harry Potter with the other!" and mean it literally.

Silverfox117

Smash Apprentice
I head this from Ultima Strike earlier. If a character can kill you by throwing KNOWLEDGE at you, then there shall be no reason to not play as her.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I like always being 3 steps ahead.

I head this from Ultima Strike earlier. If a character can kill you by throwing KNOWLEDGE at you, then there shall be no reason to not play as her.
He cannot do that though because knowledge is true justified belief. But I like Robin's books too and I like that thunder makes him hold his book as if he is reading it but in secret he is actually charging an attack it is like someone putting a comic book inside a schoolbook to fool his teacher but Robin places thunder in his schoolbook because he is tactician.

I love using Robin. I also can say "I defeated you with one hand while reading Harry Potter with the other!" and mean it literally.
I do not think his books have Harry Potter though I think they have magic or maybe tactics because Robin is tactician so maybe his books are about how to be three steps ahead.

Last edited:

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
Honestly, Awakening is my second favorite game (Radiant Dawn always takes my favorite <3 Micaiah), and I really wanted either Micaiah or Robin to get in, and we got Robin so I was like hellz yeah, and then I decided to become a Robin.

Also being able to kill people with her books is literally the best thing ever and is hilarious.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I love being able to throw ranged spells that lets me follow up by stabbing people with a magical sword, and then throwing said sword at them. I also love Robin's "Ha! Checkmate" win quote. Not to mention the coat makes Robin look like a boss.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
It was several things... I liked the play style, it looked like a fun character the first time the AI pulled it out of the random bag...

This contributed a bit...

I like red heads.

Zelda was getting panned and I wanted a good magic user.

Mega Rayquaza

Smash Rookie
I liked Fire Emblem Awakening a lot and Robin was one of my favs
And out of the list of newcomers he was one I wanted to use the most

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
Likable personality, sheer range of classes to choose from and deep potential to be powerful, a strategist, I could go on and on. I was ecstatic when Robin was confirmed for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Female Robin's sass and cute smile

I'm a sucker for mage users in video games. Robin happens to be the first one in Smash and their limited tome uses interested me since I feel that would most likely turn off scrubs and have respect for anyone who uses them (granted I was wrong in the long run if FG is any indication).

I also love how you really need to think three steps ahead or provide traps in order to play the Strategist effectively.

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
I'm not joking about this...

On a Saturday while playing the 3ds version, I thought (while playing FG), ''Hmmm, wouldn't it be cool if I mained someone stylish like Robin, an awesome wizard.'' I liked his fancy spells.

So I mained him. (He's my pocket now)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I guess it would be the whole sword and sorcery thing going on
Unique playstyle and of course Awakening :035:

b0kken

Smash Rookie
I enjoyed way too much Awakening and also his unique playstyle on the smash bros universe!

Top Bottom