• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What items should be added/cut from Brawl?

Croco

Smash Lord
Remove-
Cloak
Mr. Saturn
Flipper

Add-
Bumper
POW Box - (SMB2)
Chuckola Cola - (Mario & Luigi) Healing?
Subcon Potion - (SMB2) Distorts the screen with red and green waves.. Slows everyone else except the one who used it.
NES Zapper - (Unless the duck hunt dog is in the game..) :)
Music Box - (SMB3) Everyone falls asleep except the user.
Magic Whistle - (SMB3) A tornado rips across the screen.. throwing ones who get in its way straight up. [Works like the tornado in the Hyrule Castle stage for SSB64]
Goomba's Shoe - (SMB3) Item is much like the hammer.. but the player can jump around and have complete control. To damage a player, the user must stomp on top of them. The damge done is very high.

Thats is all I can think of for now..

Zelda_53

Smash Rookie
okay i totally love this discussion! i love the idea of pokeballs, but sometimes they seem a bit dumb to me. but this idea you brought up of the pokemon coming out of the pokeball and transforming to a thing closetest to it is incredible! i love this idea! a thing i believe should be cut from the game is those "eggs" that pop up! i hate those! the just seem so usless to me. :confused: what are they for!!?? anyways, my favorite thing in Super Smash Bros and all those games is the sword and the fire flower thing. sorry don't really know the names of all these things, i just play the games. no need for me to learn what everything is called as long as i can play the game ;)

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
I agree that it would be cool, but they wouldnt use our ideas unless they happened to stumble here and read something totally inovative or ub3r. otherwise, I doubt they will ever see this post
This is only the largest Smash forum on the internets.:)

New Items:

-Bumper & Flipper (ground & air)
-Ditto would copy nearest opponent and attack like a level 9 CPU. Would go only in one direction like Merrill in SSBM, falling off the stage at the edge
-Bombchu...no explanation needed
-Warp Whistle (had its own thread a while ago...really teriffic idea)
-Clefairy needs to be able to do ANYTHING, not just the stationary pokemons' attacks
-Lightning from Super Mario Kart
-Apple from Pokemon Snap, basic throwing object, can also be used to affect pokemon in some way (stop from attacking, change directions, etc.)
-Make the Ray Gun deadly again, please
-Giant's Knife from Ocarina of Time, X number of hits before it breaks

New Containers:

-Small Chest from Ocarina of Time, kick open (creaaak), pick up item inside. They fall from the ceiling (thud, thud, thud)
-The Supply Box from Starfox 64 ("Location confirmed. Sending supplies")

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I wanna see the pokemon out a' pokeballs do alot more than sit in one place and do their stuff. They should at least move around, I'd prefer chasing someone or attacking in an opponents direction at least. Also, instead of the apple from pokemon snap, use the pester ball. It stops pokemon attackes, and damages opponents. Or, it could just send the pokemon running to a different spot, or seeces their attack for a moment, allowing you time to get away...

Knowwuh

Smash Cadet
I agree…BUMPERS MUST RETURN!

I’d get rid of Lip’s Stick. I’m just not very fond of it.

I think they should add a green, 1-UP mushroom. In a stock match it would give you an extra life, and in a time match it would take away one fall from your score board.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I like the 1-up mushroom idea. I want them to upgrade the barrel cannon so it appears more. Is that why it says 2L84ME in the trophy room? Is it because the barrel dissapears so fast? They should also get rid of the Mr. Saturn, or make him more useful.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
They should add shine sprite.
By shine sprite, are you refering to Fox/Falco's shine that just appears out of no where, or am I just missing something completely?

Oh, and LOVETOY777, a lot of the Pokemon do move around... and the ones that stand still usually make sense that they are. Unless you can give me a specific example.

The two I can think of are Mew and Celebi, but I'm sure they've got their reasons ;p

mario-man

Smash Lord
How about this: a Cloning device. Use the Item and a second one of you appears and copies your move exactly so you would do double damage.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
How about this: a Cloning device. Use the Item and a second one of you appears and copies your move exactly so you would do double damage.
Read the very first post of this thread. Sort of the same thing. SORT OF. And, when I say pokemon should move more, I mean interact with the players or environment-at least face which way the fighters are, like they know where the action is, instead of brainlessly attacking thin air, like some (cindequil). But that is only an improvment, wouldnt matter much if they stayed the same.:chuckle:

OFFTOPIC: I am happy. I just beat event 52 with Young Link, with 2 stock left. This is a big accomplishment for me, since Young Link is my main, and is kinda tuff to defeat Giga Bowser, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf with 3stock and hanicaps against you...I thnk I diserve an award or congratulations...lol, just kidding, but still, I'm happy.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
By shine sprite, are you refering to Fox/Falco's shine that just appears out of no where, or am I just missing something completely?

Oh, and LOVETOY777, a lot of the Pokemon do move around... and the ones that stand still usually make sense that they are. Unless you can give me a specific example.

The two I can think of are Mew and Celebi, but I'm sure they've got their reasons ;p
The shine sprite is what mario collected in super mario sunshine instead of stars. They where also in paper mario the thousand year door as the things that you used to power up your partners.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Well, the Donkey Kong series needs something better than just a Barrel Cannon that almost shows up as rare than Mew and Celebi. Maybe a Klap-Trap could be a new item, it would work kinda like the red and green shells.

That gave me an idea, they should have a Blue shell, that would attack the leader of the game, causing servere damage.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Sweet idea ML!!! A blue shell would be hot!!! One that attacks the leader of the round, and does pretty heavy damage, is even hotter!!!!

(Oh, wait I'm usually the one who is leading. Snap!!!!)

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
With the current trend of wii games having minigames(and hoping/assuming brawl has 'em too) I think there should be an item that acted like the sweet treat item from paper mario 2. This will work trigger an action where the fight would stop and for a limited time food would mometarily cause food to come scrolling up the screen and the person who grabbed it would have to throw (X) at the food until the end and that is how much they would heal. one exception though; the food is different colors and you would have to grab the food that was your color. ex: 1P gets red, 4P gets green. If you would hit another color the person with that color will heal instead of you. In team battles, there is no other color, just numbers. The person would have to grab their own number. ex: 1P red team grabs 1, 4P red team grabs 4. pretty cool huh?
EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL3G3E_dJC8 3:12 there is an example! also it's not a pretty bad video! This shadowkirby guy plays smash too! check out his other vids

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yah, sounds original.
Also, for the DK series...if anything, they should get the animal buddies in.
Scratch that tire idea, that wouldn't really asist in the fight at all. Just make you bounce high...but maybe it would set you up for some good areal attacks, and it could be used to evade enemies...

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Not to be rude or a smart-alec, but how many play with items on? At least from time to time

Anyway, does the F-Zero series has anything that work as an item. The DK series need more representation (How come it's severely underrep?)

An itme that makes a shield stronger and immune to grabs could be a good idea.
Ditto should come
Earthbound needs more items as well because Mr. Saturn just doesn't cut it. =(

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yah, Mr. Saturn sucks.
How about this-it might not exactly be an item, but a stage-specific thing, like the arwings in the star fox stages...Banana warps. If you've played Donkey Kong 64, then you know what I'm talking about. They work like the green pipes in the SSB Mushroom Kingdom (old school) stage, except they work alot faster, and you would always worp to the same place.

And Green Kirby, I play with items on. Not all the time, but it helps mix up things, and divides smash from other fighting games like Mortal Combat and that crap-they don't have a whole lot of items, do they?
P.S. What about DKC animal buddies? They diserve to be in!! Is Rambi the Rhino even a trophy in Smash? I don't think so!!

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
I know it's been said plenty before, but I hope they ditch Mr. Saturn. That stupid thing serves almost no point whatsoever in the game, besides being a harmless nuisance in large quantities. Only time it ever got used abundantly was in Adventure mode with Ness's level that had it as the only item drop, and the AI would defer trying to kill you to pick up the little buggers and toss them towards you, regardless of whether they could reach you/clear terrain or not.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I think they should cut lip's stick and add Lip herself wielding it.
Also replace the flipper with the bumper

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
The Blue Shell idea is flat out awesome. Of course, it wouldn't be very effective in a level with platforms...

Also, why should any items be removed? You can always turn them off if you don't like them...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I say keep all, add bumpers, and a shovel! They need more gun types (such as North America and Eurpoe got a gun from golden eye, while japan got a gun from perfect dark, viceversa, or something like that, i learned taht on wikopedia!)....they need more guns, maybe a redsteel sword, a shotgun, and maybe that gun snake used in the 2nd trailer! But wat i think would be unique is the fake master swords' from the legend of zelda: a link to the past! That would be hilarious, or explosive barrels as am item, time bombs, and other random junk. You don't need to take any out u just need more (u can take it off with options, duh!). Also fox's blaster would be sweet, and flaco's 2! Imagine every1 with with a flying cap, or link's bow w/t arrows, or even link's bombs or boomerag? They need to get totally unique and crazy with the items like the last 2 ssb! Mario's cape, lol....better machine gun...rocket launcher....funny....or even like a bunchof weapons from the diffrent megaman series! They have lots of options....i hope ther like at least around 100 items...imagine having every non playable poke'mon in the poke'balls=madnesss! It shall be intresting to see how it turns out! They also need more donkeykong, yoshi, loz, fire emblem, star fox....and prety much other series but mario series weapons! They also need a higher percentage of non playable character appearances (ex: octorks, redeads, koopas, parakoopas, goombas, toads even if not character), and maybe even have them as an item option, and have them throwable, lol! Imagine throwing Tingle at some1, lmao! They need random, crazy, unique stuff like that 4 super smash brothers brawl to totally destroy our expectations (way exceed by that), and be uber successful! O ya, that would be sweet....50-70 characters...100-140 items....60-80 maps...can't wait!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
no, but if nintendo does more than that we'll all b happy...and spendin too much time playing every course or choosin courses (just do ennie meenie minne moe)! Also i think the ideas of fairy in a botttle, shine sprites, and 1 up mushrooms sounds sweet! They need more healing items than food, maximum potatoes, and life containers! and they need to make maximum tomates restore 100% like ssb as oppose to 50% in melee, and life containers restore all %in ssb as oppose to 100% in melee! And how about this: hearts (loz series) heal 50%, and fairies restory 8/10ths of all damage, while 1 up mushrooms heal 150%, and shine sprites heal 75%! cmon who doesn't want crazy characters amounts, courses, and items (as long as they get the basic fighting down for each character and take out the cheapness down)!? and yes, north america got a gun weapon japan didn't (idk which 1), and japan got a gun weapon we didn't get (source wikopedia), which explains the empty item slot....they thought of putting each missing item from each version back in....which i hope both guns r in both version! That was odd when I heard it....it varified the rumors I heard of that! (my bad had a typo, cyberdemon, meant 100! 1000 would be wierd.....to wierd...)!, rofl! Funny typo, lol!

darktiamat47

Smash Rookie
cut the food, it recovers almost no health (except for maximum tomatoe of course) and is just a waste of space

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also another neat addition items would be (loz series primarally)
1.bumper (keep flipper).2.shovel (animal crossing, overheard).3.ball and chain, who wouldn't love that? (loz:tp).4.dominon rod (don't no how that work also tp).5.pegasus boots (how fun would it be to charge some1 at basically 50 mph+? (loz alttp).6.titan mitts (ALTTP), where you lift up items easier, and throw them harder, farther, and do more damage.7.Fairy in a bottle (loz), restore 8/10th's of ur total damage.8.bombs(the1s link and young use).9.super bombs, basically bombs, but bigger, and do massive damage, like a giant electrode (loz).10.hammer (specifically magic hammer, skull hammer, or megaton hammer from loz), were basically they hurt a lot if throw or pounded with and shake ground!11.boomerang and 12bow and arrows (u get them).13.flying cap (super mario64), cmon who wouldn't wanna fly?14.spinner (tp), were basically u just hover overr the ground.15.gale boomerang (same as boomerang, just stuns, better range, and does more dmg).16.ultra mushroom (super mushromm x2, imagine mario taunting=?).17.ultra mini mushroom (ran the 100 meter dash in 3 1/2 hours).18.shine sprite (super mario sunshine), where basically u gain 125% dmg.19. ice rod (LOZ ALTTP) basically fire ices @ ppl (double negative, lol) and freezing them, thus stunning them!20.fire rod, same thing but better range, more dmg % done, and both never die until throw twice!21.cane of somaria (ALTTP) basically summons random blocks that u can throw, atk (moves them), and if u swing again makes them disappear!22,cane of byrana the same as the starman, but lasts 1/2 as long.22.bug catching net, basically can catch other items, and can wack ppl with.23.fishing rod, basically same as net, but u can cast it, catching items, and or wacking ppl, possibly even releasing or waching ppl with items on lure.24.rocket launcher....explains all.25.emp launcher.26.gernade launcher.27.gravity gun (half life 2), picks up any item, and chucks them!28.piece of heart (loz), restores up to 200% dmg! 29.fake master sword (ALTTP), basically weak, but u can throw at ppl.30.whip, much like shiek's, except throwable.31.pistol: sounds basic, but is powerful.32.sword:just a normal nothing special strong, throwable sword.33.barrel of explosives: same as explodable barrels, but it a option, and is labelled (donkey kong country).34.animal barrels (dk country series), has animals uch as rhinos, swordfishes, etc help u. Also have more non playable players and enemies as throwable weapons and on item lists. That would totally change it in a good way (who doesn't wanna throw a redead?). Sounds sweet....but we have 2 wait 2 see! Need more items from ssb, melee, and more....need 100+ weapons! Don't take out any items, and add any that were in ssb but not melee!

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
Their should be for items; a Fierce Deity mask, Mini Mario's and Mini DK's and stuff, DK's coconut gun, And for the pokemon; definitly Ditto, or Ditto may even by a character, what never is going to happen.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Johnknight you're going crazy although some ideas were nice (didn't read all, wall of text :dizzy: ) but i´m pretty sure Link will have the gale boomerang I agree with including ditto as a pokéball pokémon

Top Bottom