• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your least favorite character and map to play as

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
A lot of Sonic players online and just his annoying moveset/taunts have left a bad taste in my mouth for the character. I think I have played as Sonic 5 times in 3ds/wiiu and that includes Smash Run.

As for stages, I hate Orbital Gate Assault. I can't focus on everything going on while playing that stage. I get it, Sakurai said that the stage was being developed for over a year, I just hate it.

Troykv

Smash Master
I don't like Diddy Kong... for some reason... maybe because is OP.

And... 75 m... is Chaotic... and not in a good way.

RobinTheGoddess

Smash Rookie
I honestly can't stand playing as Peach. I can never manipulate her floaty-ness the way I want to and her turnips are way to random for my liking.

As for stages my least favorite might be Pyrosphere, because ****ing Ridley appears way too god damn often for me

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Least favorite character to play as is probably DDD for me, everything about him feels awkward.
Least favorite stage is skyworld, even the music sucks there.
Also i like pac-land :(

Gold Zero

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrezDlog
3DS FC
4441-8406-8476
Smash seems dedicated to making me not want to play as :4metaknight:. Here he's over-nerfed to the point where I feel I can't do anything to him, and in Brawl, he's the equivalent of R/B/Y Psychic types.

kirbzpuff

Smash Cadet
NNID
pikaxluigi24
I hate playing as wario, because he was always my least favorite character in mario, and 75m

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
Least favourite character to play as? Shulk, don't like his play-style, too counter-heavy, his voice acting is god awful, and his arts are ridiculously gimmicky.

Least favourite stage? Palutena's temple, at least you can kill on Pac-Land and 75M, even if they're dying because 8-bit Donkey Kong did something bull****.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I really don't like playing as either of the Metroid characters because they have without a doubt the WORST victory theme and it's actually painful to listen to

TheMainVaporeon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Drawinglizard5
3DS FC
2449-6002-4096
I honestly don't like playing as Olimar or Rosalina. Idk why they just don't really fit my play style I guess.
Least favorite stage would either be Pac-land, 75m, or Pyroshere.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
:4sonic:. He's annoying and he isn't any fun to actually try with.

Least favorite stage to play on is definitely Mario Circuit (Brawl). Out of any stage they could've brought back... They brought back THAT one... Makes sense.

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
Olimar and his stage

its not that i hate the pikmen series or anything but i just dont like playing as Olimar cuz i hate item management and his stage has no good music in my opinion.

my favorite song on his stage is the nature noises one lol

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
Olimar , he feels awkward as crap-biscuits.

I don't like wiley castle.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Olimar, 75M (at least Palutena's Temple has caves of life that are fun teching practice, and Garden of Hope is at least a decent-ish stage while the music sucks. Great Cave was too big a portion of my childhood to hate it, and Temple is full of nostalgia. 75M just isn't fun).

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Shulk. Can't stand any aspect of him beyond hearing him die. Gaur plains. Really terribly designed stage and stage hazard. Character gives me no trouble at all in controlling him, even with all the huge lag on everything he does, or in fighting against him, it's every other aspect.
I bought xenoblade chronicles, haven't had the chance to play it yet, and smash shulk has actually turned me off playing it. I probably will regardless but it has dropped to bottom of my list of games I need to play. I really hope I can turn voice acting off. Maybe my opinion will change afterwards but as it stands with smash character and stage design, only if Shulk dies horribly at some point in the story. Ugh....

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
When it comes to characters, :4wiifit: is the hardest to manage for me. I've tried to become good at her, but her options are terrible, imo.

As for stages, I have a HUGE hatred for Orbital Assault Gate. All the crazy hoopla that goes on in that stage is literally absurd, and is hard for me to follow with what is going on, so instead of fighting, sometimes I try to save myself from the insane hazards in this stage. One minute I'm on a plane, a few seconds later, it suddenly explodes, leaving me helpless at times. The freaking barrier is hard to get yourself out of. One easy move could send you flying into that barrier. You have no idea how many times I've accidentally become a living pong ball because of that damn barrier. Not to mention these tiny little missiles that appear out of nowhere. But the biggest issue I have with this stage is the lack of ledges. When the missile is disintegrated, three airwings appear. Those airwings have no ledges for you to grab onto, so there are situations where you are left to fall helplessly to your death... Orbital Assault Gate is, in my opinion, the worst stage in the game, but also the best stage for it's design and "no atmosphere!"

Anybody?

Last edited:

xPaco

Smash Rookie
NNID
xoXxPACOxXox
3DS FC
0834-2213-5021
Little Mac. Anything Little Mac. He disgusts me.

D

Deleted member

As much as I like his games I find Sonic pretty annoying to fight against and get angry a lot when I fight Sonic, so him.

As for my least favorite stage, it's a tie between the Duck Hunt stage (even though I play as Duck Hunt lol) and Pac-Land.

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
I ****ing hate Shulk, he is awful. And the only stage I don't like is Pyrosphere.

Lol, looked around quickly and I saw a few Olimars as least favorite. C'mon people...

Last edited:

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I enjoy playing as all the characters, but the character I enjoy the least is Ike.

I dislike Pyroshere and Wily Castle, just because of the unavoidable giant stage hazards.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Power Suit Samus, and Pyrosphere.

My personal dislike for the Metroid series is purely coincidental (I can play as ZSS on Norfair just fine). I can't play as Samus because she's always felt really awkward and clunky to me, and I despise Pyrosphere because, not only does it have one of the most distracting, intrusive, and flat-out boring stage hazards in the game, it was a deliberate "**** you" to the Smash fanbase, who Sakurai keeps showing more and more active contempt for.

Shulk. Can't stand any aspect of him beyond hearing him die. Gaur plains. Really terribly designed stage and stage hazard. Character gives me no trouble at all in controlling him, even with all the huge lag on everything he does, or in fighting against him, it's every other aspect.
I bought xenoblade chronicles, haven't had the chance to play it yet, and smash shulk has actually turned me off playing it. I probably will regardless but it has dropped to bottom of my list of games I need to play. I really hope I can turn voice acting off. Maybe my opinion will change afterwards but as it stands with smash character and stage design, only if Shulk dies horribly at some point in the story. Ugh....
Shulk actually does die. Twice. Yes, he's resurrected, twice, but yeah.

And there are several deaths that don't get the liberty of resurrection. And others that do get it don't come back as they were.

tl;dr: Xenoblade is one ****ing dark game.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I don't really have a stage I dislike.

But if I had to pick a character I dislike the most... It has to be Sheik. She feels way too fast for me, and her moves feel like as if they just flash for a millisecond. And that she feels way too clunky for me as well, and that I feel like she's just... boring to watch or pick up, I don't enjoy fighting her either, needles for days, can't stand the Bouncing Fish either. Just can't stand her.

But hey, that's what I get for maining Bowser and Shulk

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
As a Meta Knight main, his moves are barely laggy. Mainly his specials are the slow ones, but his neutrals are 2fest:4sonic:
I'm talking ending lag. Yes, they come out fast, but the ending lag can easily be capitalized on, especially when it's easy to miss with his shoddy range. And I main Sonic, so it is especially easy for me to punish. But there are plenty of other, commonly used characters who can too. It's alright going to town on someone with all his neutral moves, but eventually you're gonna need to land a kill move, and the majority of them have a lot of ending lag or leave you in a helpless falling animation, and some can even whiff (I'm looking at you, Shuttle loop).

But anyway, I'm not saying he's a bad character, he's just not my cup of tea. Wait, I don't even like tea... But yeah, sticking with the topic, it's not about how good a character, it's who you don't like to play as, and I just don't like playing as :4metaknight:, despite liking him as a character (as I said), which is how I feel about him, sorry.

Last edited:

Megadarkness5000

Smash Rookie
NNID
Axle5000
3DS FC
0490-7144-1609
Meta Knight- Did not like him in Brawl still don't like him in Sm4sh
Town and City- Those moving platforms that go off screen are so annoying.

Yoship

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoship2
3DS FC
1865-3001-1257
character: Zero Suit Samus. combos are easy to pull off, super long range, and the stun gun is annoying when you're recovering and can't get out (e.g. you have a sucky recovery and can't air dodge, because you're too low to recover).

stage: non-omega Balloon Trip.

hagueharry

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mijzelffan
Diddy Kong, I've had this since brawl and it's purely because of his moveset and not because I have something against the character. All of his moves are really bland and he has a terrible recovery. When playing with items a smash ball is also wasted on me if I'm playing with diddy kong. For stage I have to say flatzone X.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Uhhhh, my least favorite character is probably Ike, ROB, or Shulk. They just don't appeal to me. But honestly most characters aren't that fun, imo.

And yeah, Pac-Land sucks.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm changing my character answer. Mega Man never should have been added in the first place. Both playing as and against him is an unbelievably slow and monotonous task. He's the very embodiment of why Melee players call us "campy" and "defensive".

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
I'm talking ending lag. Yes, they come out fast, but the ending lag can easily be capitalized on, especially when it's easy to miss with his shoddy range. And I main Sonic, so it is especially easy for me to punish. But there are plenty of other, commonly used characters who can too. It's alright going to town on someone with all his neutral moves, but eventually you're gonna need to land a kill move, and the majority of them have a lot of ending lag or leave you in a helpless falling animation, and some can even whiff (I'm looking at you, Shuttle loop).

But anyway, I'm not saying he's a bad character, he's just not my cup of tea. Wait, I don't even like tea... But yeah, sticking with the topic, it's not about how good a character, it's who you don't like to play as, and I just don't like playing as :4metaknight:, despite liking him as a character (as I said), which is how I feel about him, sorry.
No need to apologize for having a differing opinion, lol. But I never feel too end laggy with him. It's mainly his specials, neutral B, fair, and smashes.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
No need to apologize for having a differing opinion, lol. But I never feel too end laggy with him. It's mainly his specials, neutral B, fair, and smashes.
I know, I'm just showing there's no hard feelings. c:

And yeah, that's what I mean, most of his kill moves have a lot of lag at the end. UpB, DownB, his smashes... Pair it with his range and it makes him a little difficult to use sadly. :c

Top Bottom