• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favorite holiday? One in particular you remember?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
as the title inscribes, what is your favorite holiday?

personally mine would have to be December 25, since it like when I open all my gifts and like no school, also because it's in winter which is my favorite season of the year

btw, happy 4thofJuly!!!

TheTomNookster

Smash Apprentice
Christmas. I love that nice, warm, joyful feeling you get around that time of year. Halloween rocks, too. :chuckle:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Halloween. The only time of the year where cosplaying is in vogue. Hellz ya! Lets not forget the candy either! ^_^

Hey you're never too old to trick or treat! =oP

Besides....the kids need a 6'1 Rena Ryugu to watch over them. :flame:

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Christmas because of presents and because it's the longest holiday break for us here in Aus and other reason is purely trivial *ahem*.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Another Christmas fan. I love being around family, and giving and getting gifts.

Next is Halloween. Nothing is more awesome than dressing up and partying. I almost wish I had a younger sibling/relative I could take Trick or Treating so I could get free candy, too =(

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Christmas, solely for the fact that it's super-fun awesome time off.

My follow up would be New Years... because it's an excuse for everyone to get super drunk. But that's just my opinion.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Christmas, solely for the fact that it's super-fun awesome time off.

My follow up would be New Years... because it's an excuse for everyone to get super drunk. But that's just my opinion.
Well, can't say my fav holidays or reasoning is any different. :"p

Xmas and New Years it is.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Xsyven said:
because it's an excuse for everyone to get super drunk.
That's exactly the reason why I like Purim. It's a great excuse to get obscenely drunk with friends. Not that I need an excuse, being in college and all.

Other holidays I enjoy are Saint Patrick's Day, Halloween, and el Cinco de Mayo, for much the same reason.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
my birthday...its a holiday just not a national one... *august 6th* *ahem* ... its coming soon and who knows when the next one will be...

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I always loved getting Christmas presents but I always had a soft spot for Halloween.
It's just a badass holiday.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
On one hand there's nothing quite like Christmas. The weather is usually a bit nicer, everyone is pretty jolly, you get free stuff, you get that warm, fuzzy feeling when you give a present to someone...it's nice.

On the other hand, there's Halloween. You can dress up without weird stares, cosplay is in style, you get free candy, and there's nothing quite like a babe in some sexy costume :p

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Christmas...

Because I like lights, candy canes, snow, and cold weather. (although a typical Christmas here has neither of the last two.)

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Mexican Independence Day (my birthday)- when I get a majority of my gifts
Thanksgiving- foooooooooooooooooooooooood
Christmas- I get gifts but not as much as during my birthday

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Christmas.

I like all the decorations, the happiness, the weather, and most of all getting presents.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Maybe even a year ago, I probably would've said Christmas. For obvious and well explained reasons.

But as I get older, I find that Christmas is gradually losing it's magic (still there, but a little less "shimmery"). The more aware of the world I become, the more I allow the commercial aspect of the holiday to overtake "the feeling".

So now, I think it's safe to say that Halloween is my favorite holiday. I don't even need the candy. Just give me a skeleton mask, a jacket, and a dimly lit suburban neighborhood. Gives me shivers just thinkin' about it.

Still, presents are good. I won't say no to 'em.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Christmas and New Years, Christmas has lost its magic since I was a kid but I get money so it's still nice to look forward to. =P

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I'm gonna say Christmas for the same reason everyone else is. Halloween is kinda cool, considering that it's one of my friends birthday.

Queen Zelda

Smash Cadet
Christmas, even though it's not the same as you get older. I love to see the houses decorated with lights, and I just like the weather, especially when it snows. Oh and I also like tamales.:psycho:

smash inc

Smash Cadet
Christmas just the nature of the holiday is awesome being on break relaxing opening presents, drinking hot choclate, snow ball fights it just owns.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Christmas, I love seeing snow, hearing the christmas music, seeing the decorations and I adore the smell of pine trees, greatest smell in the world.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
Halloween is tomorrow, I can't wait to see if anybody dresses up as Naruto.

but yea, my favorite holiday has always been Halloween as it is spooky.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Christmas lost its magic for me when I was about 12, now I hate the feeling of Christmas approaching.

The best would have to be New Year maybe, or November 5th as bonfires and fireworks are always quite cool to see.

Top Bottom