• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favorite aerial move that isn't nair?

What are your two favorite aerials other than nair?

• Total voters

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Hey guys and gals! Just another fun question! I like doing these so the boards aren't too quiet, and they're fun!! It's a fun question...

The poll and title is the question! What is your favorite aerial that isn't nair (because obvious reasons)?

I know Dair and Fair will get some love, but what about Bair and Uair? Hence, why you get to vote twice!! Let's see!! Say why you voted what if you want! ;)

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
BAir is god, that's literally all I have to say.

Last edited:

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
I love hitting people with U-air, their expression of confusion when they realize that they were no longer on the ground is truly unmatched.

side note: The lack of D-air votes will make Jiggly very disappointed

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
WTH IS WITH THE DAIR COUNT THOUGH? ALRIGHT WUSSIES. LISTEN UP. DAIR IS FRAME 7. DEFEATS MOST CHARACTER APPROACHES. IT COMBOS INTO EVERY OTHER AERIAL WE HAVE. SUPER SICK KILL CONFIRMS. IT IS OUR 2ND BEST AERIAL POSSIBLY EVEN OUR BEST, BUT I DO STILL THINK NAIR IS BETTER. JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS STRONGER DOESNT MAKE IT BETTER.

*uses inhaler*

DAIR IS A GREAT APPROACH TOOL. DAIR LOCKS PEOPLE IN SHIELD. OUR DAIR IS TOP 10 FASTEST DAIRS IN THE GAME. IT HAS GREAT DAMAGE OUTPUT. DID I MENTION YOU CAN CHAIN IT INTO ITS ****ING SELF? THATS RIGHT KIDS. DAIR > DAIR> DAIR> DAIR. HAVE FUN BOWSER, LOSE SOME POUNDS.

For realsies though, dair is godlike

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
WTH IS WITH THE DAIR COUNT THOUGH? ALRIGHT WUSSIES. LISTEN UP. DAIR IS FRAME 7. DEFEATS MOST CHARACTER APPROACHES. IT COMBOS INTO EVERY OTHER AERIAL WE HAVE. SUPER SICK KILL CONFIRMS. IT IS OUR 2ND BEST AERIAL POSSIBLY EVEN OUR BEST, BUT I DO STILL THINK NAIR IS BETTER. JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS STRONGER DOESNT MAKE IT BETTER.

*uses inhaler*

DAIR IS A GREAT APPROACH TOOL. DAIR LOCKS PEOPLE IN SHIELD. OUR DAIR IS TOP 10 FASTEST DAIRS IN THE GAME. IT HAS GREAT DAMAGE OUTPUT. DID I MENTION YOU CAN CHAIN IT INTO ITS ****ING SELF? THATS RIGHT KIDS. DAIR > DAIR> DAIR> DAIR. HAVE FUN BOWSER, LOSE SOME POUNDS.

For realsies though, dair is godlike
Exactly right? I didn't vote for dair because I thought it would be the Super obvious winner. I was even considering taking it off the list like nair, and am also quite surprised! ^-^

I even changed my vote for concern! lol

Last edited:

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Zair?! xD
I love fair, I love bair, and I love those SHFF up air combo opportunities I almost never have a chance to use on actual humans, but I voted dair. Dair used to be on my list of moves to avoid, but that was the dumbest thing for me to do, quite honestly (besides all the other dumbest things I do, such as scoring a ledge-canceled sing and then missing the rest and sitting there peacefully waiting to die; it's happened). Dair is much safer than I had realized originally, as long as I don't mess up and short hop by accident... It reaches pretty far below Jiggs with a full hop, cancels out some would-be deadly moves, combos, deals nice damage, people usually don't expect it for some reason, and I just really like it, okay?!

Jiggly ~ Not to redirect the subject here, but I've found a lot of people are now under the impression Jiggs in general has no combos outside of "jab jab dash attack" thanks to, and I won't say who, a popular youtuber who recently built a tier list and, after placing Jiggs in last, said there are no combos aside from the afore mentioned. They also went on to say there are no rest set-ups... This is someone who supposedly frequents Smashboards for current and accurate information, so it kind of depressed me just how much they showed their bias.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Zair?! xD
I love fair, I love bair, and I love those SHFF up air combo opportunities I almost never have a chance to use on actual humans, but I voted dair. Dair used to be on my list of moves to avoid, but that was the dumbest thing for me to do, quite honestly (besides all the other dumbest things I do, such as scoring a ledge-canceled sing and then missing the rest and sitting there peacefully waiting to die; it's happened). Dair is much safer than I had realized originally, as long as I don't mess up and short hop by accident... It reaches pretty far below Jiggs with a full hop, cancels out some would-be deadly moves, combos, deals nice damage, people usually don't expect it for some reason, and I just really like it, okay?!

Jiggly ~ Not to redirect the subject here, but I've found a lot of people are now under the impression Jiggs in general has no combos outside of "jab jab dash attack" thanks to, and I won't say who, a popular youtuber who recently built a tier list and, after placing Jiggs in last, said there are no combos aside from the afore mentioned. They also went on to say there are no rest set-ups... This is someone who supposedly frequents Smashboards for current and accurate information, so it kind of depressed me just how much they showed their bias.
Oh Acestar...

He'll change his opinions soon

We'll make him ;)

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Oh Acestar...
People should take what he says with a grain of salt anyway. He's good but certainly no expert...

I voted bair because it kills and it's good for spacing :)

FoxwolfJackson

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I voted BAir. I don't use DAir that much (for some reason, I have trouble pulling it off without getting punished something fierce... maybe it's just the way I use it, but when I tap down on the control stick, Jiggs just hits the ground and I end up a punching bag) and BAir is probably my safe, reliable kill move when an opponent is giving me trouble landing a rest.

I use FAir over NAir when approaching which I've been told many times not to do, but I just can't seem to pull off NAir outside of specific situations. Probably it's the way I control things (as is my issue with DAir?).

So, I guess my two votes are FAir and BAir.

Last edited:

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
Fair and Dair. Dair is great for pressuring shields and Fair is awesome for comboing into itself and in some situations even comboing into Rest when you hit with the sourspot!

Also, Uair is ok for catching air dodges. It lasts a while and the hitbox doesn't lose strength.

Last edited:

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Honestly, I voted BAir. I don't use DAir that much (for some reason, I have trouble pulling it off without getting punished something fierce... maybe it's just the way I use it, but when I tap down on the control stick, Jiggs just hits the ground and I end up a punching bag) and BAir is probably my safe, reliable kill move when an opponent is giving me trouble landing a rest.

I use FAir over NAir when approaching which I've been told many times not to do, but I just can't seem to pull off NAir outside of specific situations. Probably it's the way I control things (as is my issue with DAir?).

So, I guess my two votes are FAir and BAir.
You're probably fastfalling. Use the C-Stick for dair, and problem solved :)

FoxwolfJackson

Smash Rookie
You're probably fastfalling. Use the C-Stick for dair, and problem solved :)
I have my C-stick set to specials for quick access to rest while moving in a direction. Just a flick and precise timing and it usually comes right out for nailing that hard to get attack. I guess that's not the best controller setup, though?

tero chan

Smash Rookie
NNID
David_Za_kun
3DS FC
1032-1876-9991
Switch FC
SW-5541-0194-0631
Ganondorf → Nair, Dair
Sonic → Uair, Bair
Ness → Fair, Bair

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
I have my C-stick set to specials for quick access to rest while moving in a direction. Just a flick and precise timing and it usually comes right out for nailing that hard to get attack. I guess that's not the best controller setup, though?
Specials are good to have on the C-Stick thanks to the quick access to Rest. However, I find having the C-Stick set to attacks makes it easier to space Jigglypuff's aerials since we can move in the opposite direction of the opponent and attack without losing air momentum. If you want to keep C-Stick as your Special Moves, you should practice easing up when pressing down. Remember that you don't have to tap to get the aerial in that direction.

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Then you can probably start using this :)

I really like uair, it's not the best aerial, but it feels so good when it hits it looks so fluid. Dair is also nice. Rest it can be used while airborne :v is also nice. I like all her moves actually.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Gotta vote for that fair. Maybe not her most useful aerial, but certainly my favorite <3

Top Bottom