• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is Your Dominant Perfect Pivot Direction?

What Is Your Dominant Perfect Pivot Direction

• Total voters

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
I`ve heard this a few times when i talk to other players. A lot of them are able to perfect pivot in direction without fail, but when it comes to the opposite direction, a lot them seem to struggle.

I have seen diffrent results, none of the directions seem to an obvious dominant. (Which to be fair is not a lot of people)

Of course there are some people who can perfect pivot in both directions without problems, but even they must have one that is the easiest one to preform.

Well, either that or my thumb is just really slow.

Last edited:

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
Right. It's much easier to do it, probably because I'm right handed or something.

paperchao

Smash Apprentice
NNID
paperchao
Left, trying to perfect pivot right feels really awkward for my thumb, but I'm trying to work on it

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
Perfect Pivoting to the right is easiest for me. Doing it to the left feels a bit awkward.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Interesting to know that this doesn't only apply to me.

Monadom

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2621-3238-3491
Left! I'm right handed, but for my left thumb, it feels easier to quickly flick to th eleft, then smoothly go to the right

... then again, I can barely perfect pivot at all on the 3DS.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Left feels much easier. Having to reach my thumb further across the controller moving right makes it more difficult for me to be precise.

Lvl99Gamer

Smash Cadet
I... I can't perfect pivot for the life of me... I don't even get to vote! :(

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Left, when I can. It's weird, because the timing is the same... it's just so hard to get the light flick left when I'm going right.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
For me it's easier to PP to the right, though from what I've tried and seen from my friends it all comes down to how you hold the controller. If I shift my grip I can PP left easier, but it feels weird to use in general, so I'm just trying to practice until I have both directions down.

Raimakusa

Smash Rookie
NNID
raimakusa
Left is significantly easier for me. Not sure why but when I try to perfect pivot to the right, my thumb just feels very clumsy and can't flick the stick fast enough.

I'm left handed for what it's worth.

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
I find perfect pivoting to the left much easier than to the right, but extending dash dancing to the right is much easier than to the left. I also find ledge trumps on the right ledge to be somewhat trickier than those on the left ledge, but there isn't as much of a difference in difficulty as perfect pivoting and extended dash dancing.

snackwel5

Smash Rookie
Thank goodness I thought there was something wrong with me having a hard time perfect pivoting to the right.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Wow, it isn't just me?

Even though I'm right-handed, I am better when I do it left.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
At first I preferred the right, but I was able to start getting left the other day. I spend 20 hours labbing it with little improvement, and then I can suddenly do ten in a row. It happened to the right last month and to the left just a week ago.

TDF_Lewis

Smash Cadet
NNID
TDF_Lewis
3DS FC
4613-7345-1015
I think it's just a case of which one you start practising with first, the reason I can do it to the left better than right is merely practical.

I think spent longer doing it to the right is all it needs to make both come as naturally.

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
Left is easier by far. I was only able to do it left for a long time but after labbing it out it's gotten much easier. In tourney, I'm still mainly comfortable doing it towards the left though :x

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I think left is slightly easier... left hand is stronger than my right. But on a strange note, I'm also right handed.

So when it comes to quick, small movements, my right hand is better, but my left hand is equally as fast, but a little clumsy. :ohwell:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Right handed, can pp right maybe 50-60% of the time, can only pp left maybe 5% of the time.

I cry.

Lord Horatio

Smash Apprentice
The optimal and most moral pivot direction is right. Pivoting left will yield to discord.

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
I`m actualy quite surprised to see that it is mostly even, with left only having a slight lead. i was not expecting that. I am really intrested to find what cuases this. Its not dependant on hand dominance, as we proved earlier. I actualy tried to search something like "Thumb bio structure" into google, (I had a feeling it was not going to yeld much results but, at least i tried) but i was unable to find anything worth of intrest.

Top Bottom