• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the VERY first thing you did after starting the game for the first time?

Jallis370

Smash Cadet
I wanna know what you did as soon as you saw the start screen, not the main first thing but what you did BEFORE that. Did you really just start playing right off the bat or did you make some preparations or tweaks or just looked at some artwork for way too long?

Me, I ended up making raptones out of Yoshis voice in the sound test menu.

EDIT I feel like everyone completely misunderstood my question. Fixed it a bitabove.

Last edited:

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice
Set up a 3-stock match with a lvl 3 cpu to test palutena's moves and get a feel of how she plays.

edit: yes this is indeed the very very first thing I did haha

Last edited:

Rahfal

Smash Rookie
As some weird way of showing "respect" for the game over the years, I always start playing a new SSB game with Mario. It just feels right.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Finished Classic Mode with Robin.

Jallis370

Smash Cadet
No one changed the button setups before playing? I thought most people were unhappy with the default controlls?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Pikachu classic, it's tradition.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Played on Omega Jungle Japes as Robin against Lucario. Was then a little sad that I didn't like her as much as I wanted to. Will keep trying, eventually will like to play as her for sure

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Normally it is play as Mario classic mode. But since I have played him to hell in the demo, I'll be trying Wii Fit Trainer. I leave to pick up the game in a half hour. Can't wait.

EVF Kuzonoha

Smash Rookie
First I tried the onlines modes and then I realised that playing with 4 people its almost impossible. In the other hand in 1 vs 1 I didnt had any problem. :chuckle:

After that, I started to play in Classic mode :pimp:

Last edited:

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
unlocked Falco with ike in classic mode

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
I went to the midnight release of the game, and was surprised that only 5 peopled showed up. I went straight to work on unlocking the characters and stages. All I need now is Flatzone, Game&Watch and Rob.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Made my Mii. Then Mii vs Villager on 3D Land since I never seen full gameplay other than FD.

(Small Tip: Make your Mii have full capitals in their name so they won't stick out like a sore thumb with other characters in the % Bar)

JC Ralls

Smash Cadet
I played one 3 stock match against a CPU to test Diddy out, then went online against my friend and won, which was funny because he'd been playing his Lucina for 2 days before I got the game at midnight launch.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
3 stock match against random lvl 9 CPU (Bowser) on Gaur Plains (FD) with Shulk, was close but I won lol.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I actually visited the trophy section to buy a trophy with the coins from the demo. (I bought Pokemon Trainer) I noticed my default trophy was the Centurions from Kid Icarus.

My first actual gameplay was a vs. stock match as Shulk against cpu Robin, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. I won, although I didn't really make much use of Shulk's Monado arts the first time.

L9L

Smash Cadet
NNID
sirshyguy
3DS FC
4596-9684-9176
Turned off tap jump and sniffed the inside of the case.

erasmorpheous

Smash Cadet
Ate my Mcdonald's because I was super hungry. Game just sat at the title screen for a little bit but then played a match with Robin against a friend without the stupid 2 minute rules. it was great.

Last edited:

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I played a 2 minute items match as Robin because I forgot to switch it to stock.

Top Bottom