• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the timing of Samus to ZSS code?

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
This code is from GameFaqs.

Switch from Samus to Zero Suit Samus at any time

At any time during a match, use an Up Taunt, a Down Taunt, and an Up Taunt. You must do it very quickly, and it is not a Final Smash, so you will not do damage.

I was wondering how quickly Samus can transform to ZSS using this code. Some matches I am considering using Samus then switching.(I think of it as switching range for speed, although I will be a ZSS player).

Can Samus knock someone out. Does the code allows the transfer to be in time to block the next character attack from the invincible airship thing?

Basically Samus---->ZSScode. What the time frame of it and is it fast enough to be used?

I know you cant put the armor back on though :(. I am not a Samus player but hey I would like that option.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Actually it can be done in that time frame, but its pretty hard and you have to have fast fingers. practice it in training mode to get the timing down. in a match, when you knock an opponent out as soon as they go flying and you know they are going to die, start the transformation, and by the time they respawn, you will be ZS.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Right, but there is no taunt combo that allows you to change back. It would be pretty imba to have infinite suit parts to throw. :bee:

CitizenSweeps

Smash Rookie
I was pretty sure that the ZSS FS changed you back.
That's correct. Which is actually a pain to me, personally. I started the match as ZSS because I wanted to be ZSS, not Samus. I don't want others to get the Final Smash, but as ZSS I don't want it either; it has no range and just puts you back in that suit.

Somewhat disappointing really.

Metalix_Reshef

Smash Rookie
i have a question whats the timing on the transformation itself like how fast do you need to do it cause i can't do it no matter how fast or how slow i do it

Raisinbran10488

Smash Cadet
That's correct. Which is actually a pain to me, personally. I started the match as ZSS because I wanted to be ZSS, not Samus. I don't want others to get the Final Smash, but as ZSS I don't want it either; it has no range and just puts you back in that suit.

Somewhat disappointing really.
I Just hunt people down maniacly when i see the smash ball. People are so dumb and they just b-line for it. You can get a good amount of damage in if they dont defend themselves properly. And if given the golden oppurtinity, give the smash ball a quick hit, you having it and not using it is better than them having it and using it.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Gentlemen, the fact that Zamus can not transform back to Samusat will is there for balance. Both of them are way too solid to be flipping back and forth between with. You pick ONE play strategy and you commit to it. The fact that you can go from Samus to Zamus is good enough, really.

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
I've found that this transformation is a lot easier using the Nunchaku setup. Then you can rapidly hit the 1 and 2 buttons with both your thumbs. Doing up and down taunts on the GCN controller is rough, or I don't have enough callouses on my thumbs yet... but you have to do it ridiculously fast.

Top Bottom