• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Is the Closest Thing to L-Canceling In Brawl?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I recently started playing Melee again and it's good to know that I still haven't forgotten all of the ATs, but now it's changing my point of view on Brawl.

In Melee, L-Canceling was the "win" technique (IMO L-cancel > Wave dash, not really much experience fighting people who integrate Wave Dashing as a primary AT).
What is the closest thing we have to this "win" technique?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Some moves autocancel upon landing on the ground. Others autocancel if you activate them immediately after short hopping/full hopping.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
In brawl only some moves autocancel landing, but, it's true, a good technique that only pros can use easily is lacking in brawl.

acv

Smash Journeyman
there is also the infinite jump.but its really hard to do.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Brawls ATs, at this particular moment in its life, are more character specific. While all the characters can do most of the ATs, only a few make use of each...

Check out the Character Specific areas for some good ATs for your character.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Does the number of people looking for ATs really matter if they're looking in the wwrong places?

Looking back on it now, wavedashing seemed kind of obvious but it took quite a while before one person finally figured it out and said, hey this is useful.

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
Auto-cancle and RARs.
RAR? how does that have anything to do with L Cancelling?????

Auton cancelled are the closest to it though, its basically an L cancelled ariel without the L, and isnt as good.

Only some ariels are auto-cancelled.

storm92

Smash Ace
Guys, he's not asking what is close to L-Canceling in Brawl, despite what the topic title is.

Instead what he's asking us is what is the most important technique that separates noobs from competitive players.
So some of you might want to change your answers.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
there is also the infinite jump.but its really hard to do.
You know, I'm not arguing with you, but its really easy with SOME moves, like TL's Nair.
It's like. not ever close to difficult.....
Or maybe its just me.

FalconPunch

Smash Journeyman
The "Give it more time" argument doesn't really work seeing as how there was almost no one looking for AT when Melee came and it was just a tiny community. Most AT were discovered by accident, while in Brawl we are a huge community looking purposely for AT and we can't find enough. There really isn't anything else to find that'll change Brawl. Almost everything useful was found out by May.

On-Topic: Autocancelling is the closest thing to L-canceling even though it's a helluva lot more restricting, but the most important thing to me is Out of Shield attacks. Seriously, blocking then attaking (Snake F-tilt anyone) is a huge part of Brawl.

Top Bottom