• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best 2v2 team?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
prisonchild really loves game of thrones apparently

falcon isn't that good in teams, too hard for him to complete his combos without interference
Falcon is IMO one of the best comboers in teams since his combos are fast and require little thought (uairx5 upB). Sure you can get hit out of it but it's easy to tell when you're safe to do a combo. And you're still going to get way more big combos than other characters will.

Also, disagree with clubba, Falcon is better in doubles than he is in singles. Or at least just as good.
disagree with this though due to the gimps

tldr teams suck and we had literally the exact same discussion in this thread already

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
Ness and Kirby, when playing against a team with a Fox. Kirby eats fox, SHTLs on Ness's down B for the ultimate healing experience. Unbeatable :troll:

The Star King

Smash Hero
I still like my Kirby + DK for ultimate spit-out power

Swallow is too good btw. If you've played the great MATTS!, you know.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
disagree with this though due to the gimps

tldr teams suck and we had literally the exact same discussion in this thread already
Who cares about gimps when he can get so many easy kills? Most characters in the game are really easy to gimp anyway.

EDIT: my bad didn't notice you also talked about Falcon's ability to get easy combos/kills

prisonchild

Smash Ace
prisonchild really loves game of thrones apparently
take it easy freud, stick to disproving determinism :p

and maybe this only applies to my personal skill/experience but falcon's combos, while quick, cover a lot of ground (or air) which makes it more likely to get interrupted. also, recovering low as falcon while a kirby is waiting with a dair or pikachu on the ledge is not fun :(

ballin4life

Smash Hero
take it easy freud, stick to disproving determinism :p
game of thrones is pretty cool IMO

and maybe this only applies to my personal skill/experience but falcon's combos, while quick, cover a lot of ground (or air) which makes it more likely to get interrupted. also, recovering low as falcon while a kirby is waiting with a dair or pikachu on the ledge is not fun :(
recovering as falcon is not fun ever

what character can you do lots of combos with in teams? I think that combos getting interrupted is a big problem for all characters - but I think it is less of a problem for falcon since his combos are easy/standard/quick so you can see easily whether you'll have time to finish the combo before getting interrupted.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
to be honest i throw --> edgeguard more than ever in teams

i try to combo but they often get interrupted (especially with errant projectiles) so i just say **** it, i'll toss him off the edge

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
to be honest i throw --> edgeguard more than ever in teams

i try to combo but they often get interrupted (especially with errant projectiles) so i just say **** it, i'll toss him off the edge
You have to pick the right decision at the right time in teams. You follow up with combos whenever the circumstances allow you to do so. And if they don't, then you find ways to make the best out of the situation. For example, imagine you're doing a combo as Falcon and you know you're going to be disrupted. You can either find ways to extend the combo so that you're not going to be interrupted (Falcon actually has the ability to do so but it's very matchup dependent) or you can stop your combo and try to deal with the incoming problem (hit the combo victim's partner as he jumps at you/avoid him).

You can't tunnel vision on your combos, you have to look at what's happening around you. And it's the same with edgeguards. What I often see new players do is try to go offstage and gimp without realizing they're endangering themselves doing so. I also often see them waiting near the edge to edgeguard for like 5-10 seconds for absolutely no reason, wasting precious time they could use to assist each other or double team the 4th player. Sometimes you just have to drop edgeguards as well.

Channighan

Smash Ace
Selfish people in teams tend to lose. I've been told "Chann, you're a good team member; you aren't selfish".

IMO I think Fox + anyone is good. Why? Because he can combo and interrupt a combo from a good range by turning around and throwing a lazy.

Teams is about 5/8 1v1 and 3/8 helping your teammate when they need to be helped. If your teammate is off the stage, go over there and help him recover. Throw more to your team mate if he's trying to kill.

Not only that, but you need to know how your teammate usually plays in teams. Someone needs to be aggressive at all times. (Two defensive people on a team usually doesn't work.)

:phone:

OldManMVP

Smash Rookie
NNID
OldManMVP
Falcon/link. Worked well back when i used to play 64

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
**** yea you got projectiles from link, crazy combos from falcon, i don't know what could go wr- oh **** i got gimped

codydaniels88

Smash Rookie
2 foxes. On jumps out to shine ledge guard to throw them off while team camps ledge with kicks

Or fox and pika :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom