• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
What if Nintendo gave rights to Sega for a SSB?

Basicly, if Sega were to make a Sega Smash Bros, who would be in?

NOTE: This is NOT a SSB4 Thread and I know this has NO chance of actually happening. Thats why it says what if. So dont flame, please.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
The better half of the SF I/II cast, for starters.

Edit: agree with above post. Most of SEGA's 1st-party franchises are on life support (coughsoniccough), and they don't have an established, popular library that most people could identify (remember, all the kiddies growing up now weren't raised on 16-bit goodness).

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The Cast of Sega tennis on the wii.

and maybe a few more characters from each represented franchise in the tennis game

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
The Cast of Sega tennis on the wii.

and maybe a few more characters from each represented franchise in the tennis game
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT GAME IS THE WORST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. IT MAKES ME SICK JUST WATCHING A TRAILER FOR IT.

ahem...sorry...had to be said

But all Sega characters that are not Sonic, Tails, Knuckles or Dr. ROBOTNIK (not Eggman), are tripe. Absolute tripe. Pure fail. They bring shame upon the video gaming universe.

I feel incredibly strongly about this. Sega of 1991-1998 was just purely brilliant. Brilliant gaming. I preferred THAT Sega to Nintendo, hands down.

But then Sega pushed the self-destruct button...I cant believe what theyve done to themselves. Everything they now produce is a disgrace. But only people like me who grew up with the older Sega will know what I mean.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
What if Nintendo gave rights to Sega for a SSB?

Basicly, if Sega were to make a Sega Smash Bros, who would be in?

NOTE: This is NOT a SSB4 Thread and I know this has NO chance of actually happening. Thats why it says what if. So dont flame, please.
Considering the presence of Sonic, I think the probs of SSBB of being a good game would have dropped to 3%.
The really most of Sonic's spin off sucks.

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
anyone noticed that sonics presence came after hitstun and l cancelling got removed from brawl during development phase?

HE DESTROYS EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES

srsly though, Sega make some pretty good games nowadays, monkeyball, virtua fighter, etc. they just get thrown aside because sonic sucks now. Sonic Rush is really good and that wasn't made by sonic team, so its just sega's internal dev team

I actually think this'd be a good game... if sega got their own console together again.

maybe nothing like smash though...

WarxePB

Smash Ace
It would have to strike a fine balance of familiarity and difference. If they just used the Brawl engine with new characters, it wouldn't sell as well, but if they make an engine from scratch (resembling a traditional 2D fighter) while using the Smash name, everyone would be disappointed.

If they did do a Sega Smash Bros., I would like to see basic button combos (up to 2 buttons and 2 directional inputs) while retaining the same basic control, and a better way to input super moves (a mix between a super meter and Smashballs). Figurines are a must, but the superfluous stuff (Masterpieces, Chronicle, Stage Builder) need to go.

Something like Soul Calibur's character-specific one-player modes with branching options would work for the one-player mode. An SSE-style mode might work, considering that most of SEGA's mascots do talk, but maybe for a sequel.

As for the roster?
Sonic, Shadow, Dr. Eggman, NiGHTS, Aiai, Ulala, Amigo, Alex Kidd, a rep from Phantasy Star, a rep from Virtua Fighter. Naturally, a sequel would add more characters and franchises.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
In addition to already made suggestions:

Shinobi!!
The Streets Of Rage gang.

I refuse to even believe Sega still exist and do what they do. I have far too many wonderful Megadrive-orientated memories to have them ruined by what's coming out of Sega Towers nowadays..

Marie_54

Smash Ace
The game will take sega chars to the next level by giving them guns and explosives and the title will be Sega Rambo Wars.

Ooh wait that has been done already.

The characters would be Sonic, Shadow, Tails and like always they will make me angry by putting in Dr.Egghead instead of Metal Sonic even though he is way more popular in polls, characters from other franchises would be Whorelala, Monkey with Super Balls, flying crack clowns oops Knights, Billy the egg eater and a bunch of characters that very few people know who the hell they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom