• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
My name irl is Kamui....
I WANT TO BE IN SM4SH!!
VOTE FOR ME PLZ

*i would main this char regardless of tier placement huehuehue
If his/her tier placement is anywhere as confusing as Ganondorf's and Donkey Kong's positions in the game, I'd be stoked knowing would be there would be Kamui montages following the LOL DISRESPECT! HARD READS! DONG HAS BEEN EXPANDED! hilarity and tears.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
For pallete colors id expect it to be,
Nohr skin
Hoshido skin
Something weird
Default female
Nohr female
Hoshido female
Something jank
Yeh? Yeh?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just thinking now - if Isaac appears as DLC and Kamui is added sometime in a future Smash title, we could have two geomancers in the roster.

Eaaaarth magic hyyyype~

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is the possibility of kamui being in smash 5 if it ever comes out slim?
Sadly, yes. Especially since we might have more Fire Emblem titles in the future if IF turns out to be a success. After all, we never had the My Unit from Fire Emblem 12 in Smash 4 just like we didn't get Hector in Brawl due to their release being too early from the previous title.

StormC

Smash Hero
I really don't see Kamui being unlikely for 5mash with our current understanding of the Fire Emblem series. Sure, more games are likely, but we don't know who they'll star or what they'll look like. With our current information, Kamui seems like a solid choice for a 5mash character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
5mash haha best name ever
I really don't see Kamui being unlikely for 5mash with our current understanding of the Fire Emblem series. Sure, more games are likely, but we don't know who they'll star or what they'll look like. With our current information, Kamui seems like a solid choice for a 5mash character.
Good by Sm4sh and hello 5mash. And I forgot who was the one that started the former (Shorts or Johnknight).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
One Fire Emblem fan on Gamefaqs said that he can use his very own "shadow balls" with the help of the Dragon's Vein.

So many potential abilities and he already screams "Smash material". It's like he was given all these special abilities to begin with so that Sakurai would be interested in him. :awesome:

Ivander

Smash Legend
For pallete colors id expect it to be,
Nohr skin
Hoshido skin
Something weird
Default female
Nohr female
Hoshido female
Something jank
Yeh? Yeh?
If anyone wants my personal opinion, if Kamui were to appear in Smash, one of his Alts should be the colors of the first Fe character to have the class of Dark Prince.

Make Kamui's hair bright red. Change the White on Kamui's armor into black armor. Change the black part of Kamui's armor to gold. Then make Kamui's cape & sash dark/blood red.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Let female Kamui be the default. She's clearly more hardcore if she's on the boxart for the Nohr version of the game.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
og japanese kid rite here
Oh, cool

Its a bit early to make a full moveset but here are some ideas:

Arials and tilts: Kamiu uses his sword. Quite similar to Marths arials and tilts

Smashes: kamiu transforms parts of his body to dragon form

Specials: down special uses earth controll, other specials uses Full dragon transforamtion.

And wouldn't it make sense if fem were defualt skin since robin has male as deafult...

Zionaze

Smash Ace
I just had a vision. :4shulk:

What if his neutral-B made his hand an oversized dragon claw and he shouts
DRACO PUNCH!!!
Obv stronger than warlock with unstoppable super armor +yes

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
A Shadow Ball, proof?
I've asked him and waiting for an answer from him. But going to the Serenes Forest forums, many had pointed out that Kamui had possibly transformed his face in the same image.

So I guess he is predicting that he could charge and spit fireballs in the same vein as Mewtwo's Shadow Balls with a dragon's face. This is where getting a brand new trailer at E3 that reveals more clear information would be helpful.

But the translated interviews show that there is more to the Dragon's Vein like making deserts grassy and drawing water from the ocean. Aqua has the same ability too like Kamui and speaking of her (Her official class is a Songstress and her vocals can grant units more power akin to the Dancer class).

Last edited:

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Oh, cool

Its a bit early to make a full moveset but here are some ideas:

Arials and tilts: Kamiu uses his sword. Quite similar to Marths arials and tilts

Smashes: kamiu transforms parts of his body to dragon form

Specials: down special uses earth controll, other specials uses Full dragon transforamtion.

And wouldn't it make sense if fem were defualt skin since robin has male as deafult...
So? Considering how many of the Avatar characters in Smash have male defaults, it would make sense to make female Kamui the default.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So? Considering how many of the Avatar characters in Smash have male defaults, it would make sense to make female Kamui the default.
Since the Black Kingdom version of if will be arguably the more popular version of it, it's more of a reason to have the female as the default. She's even featured on the front cover of it to show how much attention she would possibly get (Other than the more "obvious reasons" :urg:).

Okay, so what exactly can this new dude do already? I was interessted the moment it was revealed he was half Dragon, so what's next?

Other than the fact that he can partially transform with draconic features (limbs and face), he can use the Dragon's Vein to manipulate the terrain in a variety of ways like earth control and growing grass. Great, now people would accuse Kamui of being a possible Isaac clone. :laugh:

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay, so what exactly can this new dude do already? I was interessted the moment it was revealed he was half Dragon, so what's next?

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
But the translated interviews show that there is more to the Dragon's Vein like making deserts grassy and drawing water from the ocean.
If Dragon's Vein is that diverse, I hope that Kamui gets more than just one set of customs.
Maybe one of their specials creates a localized effect around them (like ice physics, heavier/lighter gravity, shorter/longer hitstun, etc.) that's functionally similar to Monado arts, but affects everyone within a certain range. I think that might be hard to implement, and I don't know how fitting it'd be in smash.
That'd be one way to really stand out, I guess.

They said "Wouldn't it", not "it wouldn't", so I think they're agreeing with you on that.
Edit:
I'll add that I also think FEmale (heh it's a pun) Kamui should be default.

Last edited:

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Since the Black Kingdom version of if will be arguably the more popular version of it, it's more of a reason to have the female as the default. She's even featured on the front cover of it to show how much attention she would possibly get (Other than the more "obvious reasons" :urg:).

Yep! Not to mention, she would contrast Robin better than her male counterpart. I just realized that her and Wii Fit Trainer would be the only customizable characters in smash that has the female form as default.

If Dragon's Vein is that diverse, I hope that Kamui gets more than just one set of customs.
Maybe one of their specials creates a localized effect around them (like ice physics, heavier/lighter gravity, shorter/longer hitstun, etc.) that's functionally similar to Monado arts, but affects everyone within a certain range. I think that might be hard to implement, and I don't know how fitting it'd be in smash.
That'd be one way to really stand out, I guess.

They said "Wouldn't it", not "it wouldn't", so I think they're agreeing with you on that.
Edit:
I'll add that I also think FEmale (heh it's a pun) should be default.

Ah, a silly mistake on my part. I apologize my fellow smashers.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I think Dragon's Vein as a final smash would be much cooler than the simpler (and expected) one of "turning entirely into a dragon". Kamui just uses every ability of Dragon's Vein at once (this includes turning deserts to grass, controlling the ocean, and flattening mountains) and causes natural disasters across the entire stage.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think Dragon's Vein as a final smash would be much cooler than the simpler (and expected) one of "turning entirely into a dragon". Kamui just uses every ability of Dragon's Vein at once (this includes turning deserts to grass, controlling the ocean, and flattening mountains) and causes natural disasters across the entire stage.
Sounds like it would be much more crazier and less predictable than the Ice Climbers' Final Smash. I love it.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't know if Kamui being a DLC fighter would be a thing of the present but I do think he has a shot in the next Smash Bros. game. Either way, I'm all in for him/her.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I feel like such a bandwagonist supporting this character, but facts cannot deny he has interessting abilities.

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
I don't know if Kamui being a DLC fighter would be a thing of the present but I do think he has a shot in the next Smash Bros. game. Either way, I'm all in for him/her.
(This is more so this is addressed in this thread, and less at you specifically)
The thing with Fire Emblem is that they rarely have a protagonist appear twice; it's only happened with Ike and Marth, and with Marth it was because he was insanely popular, and with Ike it was likely planned beforehand for 'we can't fit all this plot in one game' reasons.
It's also highly likely that whichever FE game is the most recent is going to be the one represented, and there's no guarantee that there isn't going to be another game between IF and 5mash.
Basically, we can't really be sure that it is safe to wait for 5mash, unless Kamui is intensely popular, which we know firsthand that isn't a guarantee to get in. Granted, Kamui has way more going for them than Chrom did, but the point still remains.

Also why would anyone we want to wait? Kamui is cooler than Ninian!
that's a pun. Ninian's an Ice Dragon.

But thanks for the support!
Hope I didn't come off as confrontational!

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
I just realized that her and Wii Fit Trainer would be the only customizable characters in smash that has the female form as deafult.
Well, right now :4villager: and :4robinm: are the only avatars who has the male form as deafult so it's not that crazy of a diffrence, but i still agree tho.

Unless you count :4mii: and :4bowserjr:

StormC

Smash Hero
Only now do I realize her breasts jiggle. Thanks, Intelligent Systems.

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
I feel like such a bandwagonist supporting this character, but facts cannot deny he has interessting abilities.
Yep! Here's hoping his/her Smash persona is nowhere close to Palutena's, male Robin's, or Lucina's. Especially what they did to Lucina, talking mess to Marth, Ike, and all other fighters... "You'll never defeat me!"

RIP 2DS and 3DS processors everywhere! Just kidding. I myself would like to see Kamui in "true awakening"/transformation state maybe because I've watched too many animated fighting shows where power-up states/forms are normal. Speaking of natural disasters, Didn't we have a Final Smash like that in Brawl as well?

Just messin'.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would have picked nohr even without the inclusion of camilla.
Yep, since we can't deny that the challenges are better there and the characters seem way more interesting than Hoshido. I dunno, but those guys seem like your average stereotypical good guys despite having the better weapons. But we may see how things go once we get the game next year and avoid all Japanese spoilers.

RIP 2DS and 3DS processors everywhere! Just kidding. I myself would like to see Kamui in "true awakening"/transformation state maybe because I've watched too many animated fighting shows where power-up states/forms are normal. Speaking of natural disasters, Didn't we have a Final Smash like that in Brawl as well?

Just messin'.
I'm glad that I was the only one who would bring up the "Big Gay Dance" after discussing the possibilities of a weather Final Smash.

Kamui used Rain Dance!

It started pouring rain.

Kamui used Earthquake!

It's super effective!

:laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom