• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Smash Bros for WII U (and 3DS) could allow you to use your own music with SD cards?

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
Maybe not online with strangers and it could be odd with friends, but locally... it could work.

Even though there are over 300 soundtracks alone in the WII U version (and quite abit in the 3DS version), i'm still thirsty for more... i'm not the only one who wants to implement the Mega Man X2 Intro Stage music in Wily Castle... i hope i'm not.

But yeah, they really should've of done this... and even though we've found a way to hack our custom music in the 3DS version... i wish there was a more legitimate way than hacking or muting the game to use soundtracks from your music-playing device.

Also, if i posted this in the wrong place, please move it where it belongs, m'kay Mod-Mods?

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
Wouldnt it be cool if they can just make this a feature?
While they are at it, they can let you use your personal Robin and Villager.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I would request only one condition, please, allow wav....there's no point to convert a lossy compressed music to a format that can do uncompressed just fine.

Though....the another problem I have with this is this would require an external hard drive. There's no way I can put most of the wav I want in my SD....and having compressed is just not worth it unless it's flac, but for a game....I don't see the point of compressing, the game is gigabytes anyway.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
Yah, sure, that'd be nice, why not. Though, if the feature was EVER on the cards to produce during main development, it seems inevitable it'd be demoted to low priority.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
I'd be OK with that feature, I don't mind the tracks in sm4sh anyway but some of my own taste of music on the battlefield would be a nice addition

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
..I'd rather they add new music packs through DLC. Maybe not paid DLC, but just DLC...
For Wii U this doesn't seem like an interested feature but considering the 3DS's small small soundtrack and the fact the 3DS is a personal device means it would be a bit more convenient.

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
..I'd rather they add new music packs through DLC. Maybe not paid DLC, but just DLC...
For Wii U this doesn't seem like an interested feature but considering the 3DS's small small soundtrack and the fact the 3DS is a personal device means it would be a bit more convenient.
I am really hoping that they add Splatoon music with the Mii costumes.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
This would be a completely unecessary feature and I'd rather they spend their time and resources on doing something else.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I remember on the original xbox one could copy songs from CDs onto the hard drive, and some games would allow them as background music.

I wish that was a standard feature for all consoles by now.

Though smash isn't anywhere near the top of the list of games I'd use it with.

TimpaniGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TimpaniGamer
3DS FC
1203-9427-6727
I have wanted this feature for a long time now, but I'd probably end up using it for non-gaming music. I'm in my school's band, and some of those pieces might be the reason for it (especially marching band).

Godzillionaire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Crit-Hit
3DS FC
3797-7329-5972
It would probably be bad for my friends because they'd probably get annoyed hearing Masked Dedede playing in every stage on my system lol

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
I wonder if i should continue this thread as a music wishlist for smash 4... but there may already be one. Who knows?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If it were a feature, I would put the entire Freedom Planet soundtrack in.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
If this ever gets to be a real option for both games. Even if you have to pay money. I will take it. I need the song fragrance of dark coffee back on pictochat like I have it in Project M

Last edited:
Top Bottom