• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if For Glory mode rules applied to the meta game?

Would you like 1-on-1 For Glory mode based rule set?

• Yes, yes I would.

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • No. (explain why)

Votes: 45 90.0%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Are you mixing up For Fun with For Glory?
Son, this is The Competitive Arena with blood and guts on the line and a huge cash prize, gold cup trophy, and a scantily clad woman waiting for the champion.

So, I would suggest that if you find Glory to be boring then you shouldn't attend the For Glory tournaments (nor play that mode online). The competitive players would simply disagree with you and continue to play while you could have fun with the items, jank stages, and customs equipment that is so often found in the Casual Scene.

Not saying there's anything wrong with the Casual Scene, it is actually fun in small doses, imo, but there would be a huge problem brewing if we start mixing up the Competitive Arena with the Casual Scene!
Your comment is hilarious because all you're arguing is making the "Casual Scene" (Aka FOR GLORY!) into the competitive scene. Take your own advice and stop trying to mix up the competitive arena with the casual scene! xD

Last edited:

Omegaphoenix

Smash Apprentice
Son, this is The Competitive Arena with blood and guts on the line and a huge cash prize, gold cup trophy, and a scantily clad woman waiting for the champion.

So, I would suggest that if you find Glory to be boring then you shouldn't attend the For Glory tournaments (nor play that mode online). The competitive players would simply disagree with you and continue to play while you could have fun with the items, jank stages, and customs equipment that is so often found in the Casual Scene.

Not saying there's anything wrong with the Casual Scene, it is actually fun in small doses, imo, but there would be a huge problem brewing if we start mixing up the Competitive Arena with the Casual Scene!
You can play For Glory and not believe it is a truly competitive rule set. I certaintly don't, and I would think most people would agree. It completely removes any semblance of platform play, and enhances the usefulness of zoners and ground based characters, while hurting air fighters. It's not balanced, and flies in the face of what people actually want to play. Most people want three stock eight minutes, and we don't want to use SD as win determination. Any hypothetical For Glory tournaments would likely get a few supporters, but fail to attract the majority of the fan base.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I cant' say I completely agree. I've competed in events that used the proposed procedures described in the Project and it definitely does not solve even half of the few I mentioned above (most importantly the failure to create a 'balanced and deeper' game and a divide in the community that creates more issues than solves).
I'm not really interested in making the Project out to be some kind of Panacea when a smoothly running tournament with the attendes being happy is more important to me.

From my own experience I solve (or should say prevent) all "problems" by just keeping Custom Fighters at its default setting (OFF) for competition.

My personal opinion is that adding more rules on top of additional rules is not going to make the game more appealing to new or returning players.
That's a fair stance. Personally, I don't see the divide getting any worse than it already is (as I expressed above), so dividing the community is less of a concern to me than it is to many.

Of course, custom moves don't solve balance. No amount of custom moveset implementation has removed Diddy or Sheik from their lofty perch (only balance changes, since those affect normals, seem to impact that). It's hard for a project designed to implement niche moves to have a sweeping impact when specials, by nature, rarely have a sweeping impact.

I ran a custom tournament myself a month or so ago. Maybe it was a matter of the attendees' tastes and experiences, or some other additional factor, but adding the customs had no observed negative impacts. Then again, there were no Diddys, Sheiks, DKs, or Villagers, only one Rosalina, and most of the entrants were used to playing friendlies with the Moveset Project on. I copied movesets to consoles throughout the tournament and simply allocated people based on their preferences while that was under way. It also helped that I had enough setups to keep 1-2 perpetually on friendlies, which gave people less exposed chances to practice.

Jank or variety? Well, it just comes down to opinion. I have to say I've shared both views.
Although when people get variety-camped by Villager and variety-spammed by Variety Kong I might have to value my attendees opinions more.
I've observed (at least in my own play) that Villager's customs effectively function to extend any regular advantage he has in a matchup. If a matchup favors him, then the trip sapling and exploding balloons make it unbearable. If a matchup doesn't favor him, they won't help. My personal practice against a Janky Kang player has perhaps dulled my sensitivity to issues others have dealing with Kong Cyclone, the best I can suggest there is to practice punishing it, and don't go to Battlefield. Naturally, the voice of the attendees matters most, and while yours may reasonably be opposed to customs, I've fair reason to think my attendance would have been halved with the customs off.

So, by your logic that FD is "not good for everyone" and there is "no 'good' stage for 'everyone'" then it would conclude that a competition couldn't even be started (Stage Choice must happen).
Obviously this is classic reductio, so I have to ask you then what is the standard for Stage viability?
Simply put, I think there is no standard, and that's an issue. What I call a "viable" stage includes at least 5 or more stages that very highly skilled players would call utter nonsense. But my point is that we, as the players, must make the call. Do we run with an unfair system (we always have, realistically speaking) and accept it as status-quo, letting the tiers fall where they will, or do we manually adjust that system iteratively until we reach a point we feel is better? Customs are the same - some characters benefit greatly, and the best characters see no change, so at a practical level, the highest levels of competition don't get anything but salt and time consumption from implementing them. Likewise with stage selection. The simplest method is Final Destination. The most complex solution is literal full-list stage striking. The degree to which we're willing to add procedural complexity for the sake of balance will (and does) determine competitive validity for a number of characters.

With Smashville as the legacy "crowning achievement of stage balance", it's little wonder Sheik's so fantastic, seeing as a vocal portion of her discussion boards think she is favored in all matchups on the stage. If we, as a community, are accepting of that, or simply too cautious about our attendees and players to change it, then we've simply got to put on our sunglasses and deal with it.

Customs never worked out for Brawl very well, do you think there's a chance for these kind of Custom Stages to be used now? I haven't kept up with the work being put into it, so I might be missing something.
I believe the current Builder is vastly more flexible than Brawl's with respect to making competitively "viable" stages. I toy around with making things inspired by "Close but not quite" stages (Stages inspired by Brinstar and Temple are some favorites in my personal friend group), and there're threads elsewhere demonstrating how we can use the builder to either emulate past successes (Stadium 2 without transformation, for instance), or create new ones through thoughtful design. There could, however, arise consistency issues that could only be resolved through a fully-obeyed honor code (idealistic at best) or a lengthy setup and verification time. For instance, running a version of Fountain of Dreams that has a platform cycle more quickly than the rest of the setups, due to tampering. Avoidable, but just like running an online tournament with customs, exploitable and difficult to notice, and even harder to find a culprit.

On the inverse, there's no current way to quickly share stages (it can't be done via SD like they could in Brawl, quite probably to avoid StackSmash-type exploits). For smaller scenes, it may be quite feasible to add each console as a friend and share the stage directly, but for larger events? Extremely impractical. It's an area I'd like to see explored, but in contrast to custom moves, I haven't seen or heard of an effective solution to the logistics issues.

Not sure if comparison to other games (especially those outside the genre) is a strong factor to take into consideration. Another issue that could arise from blind imitation is if these other communities make a mistake then it's carbon-copied right into our own mistake.
But I do think you are correct in looking outside our circle of community to see what benefits we can partake from. The next step would be validating what we'd look to borrow.
It's an inevitable issue with any emerging scene. Even within the Smash series, we've seen changes come about due to analysis of things that used to be accepted. It's very good, and useful, to have theorists and skilled players both spend time analyzing rules before carrying them over (for instance, debates on walkoffs with the removal of chaingrabs, or the impact of stock and time amounts, or even stages of the same name and nearly-identical design).

This sounds like it's just a matter of the community growing up and accepting the designer's rules so we have a standard to compete with rather than the endless debating and whining that don't matter in the long run and looks to harm the community as a whole.
Is that what you were saying? I could see some merit in that, but I'm not sure that's going to happen with the general community.
Personally, I'm not sure that's the way to go. I'd be interested in seeing what happens, but like you say, I don't expect the general community to adopt. It's too large an unexplored area to accurately predict the impact. But whether we grow up and accept the designer's rules, or grow up and cement our own as a community, we need to grow up somehow if we want our game to thrive.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
And customs are just not living up to all the hype the Pro Custom Movement rustled up with EVO. I hope it dies down after EVO ends, honestly. Doesn't make anything more balanced (same people keep winning with or without it on)
Lmao what? Good players win regardless of the rules and this is a BAD thing?

What, should ZeRo just stop being the best sm4sh player with customs on? THAT would be MORE balanced?

Your comments on the customs metagame are filled with this laughable "damned if you do, damned if you don't" confirmation-bias that makes me glad your region isn't at all influential.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea

Heh. Saying that competitive doesn't equal fun...

Obvious troll confirmed.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
I mean allow Mii fighters (at least default hight weight 1111), Battlefield, Smashville, other competitive stages, change stock to 3 and time to 8 minuets. base the winner off of stock #, then percent instead of sudden death mode, allow DLC characters if they have them. use stock for doubles. allow people to choose stages
I mean use for glory mode rules mixed with a common competitive tournament rule set.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I mean allow Mii fighters (at least default hight weight 1111), Battlefield, Smashville, other competitive stages, change stock to 3 and time to 8 minuets. base the winner off of stock #, then percent instead of sudden death mode, allow DLC characters if they have them. use stock for doubles. allow people to choose stages
I mean use for glory mode rules mixed with a common competitive tournament rule set.
A) You clearly don't get why sudden death is prohibited.

B) There is nothing wrong with custom mii's and customs in general.

Now I didn't provide any evidence, but I can assure you that me and thousands of smart Smash players agree with me 100%.

I dare you to try to prove me wrong.

Eddyuardo

Smash Rookie
I like For Glory, but I always thought it was for super quick matches you know? Its not very fleshed out. Competitive rulesets need more thought I would think.

Doruge

Smash Journeyman
Either ban Miis or let them use their full moveset, restricting them to 1111 is nonsensical

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
A) You clearly don't get why sudden death is prohibited.

B) There is nothing wrong with custom mii's and customs in general.

Now I didn't provide any evidence, but I can assure you that me and thousands of smart Smash players agree with me 100%.

I dare you to try to prove me wrong.
I understand why sudden death is prohibited.

I agree theirs nothing wrong with custom Miis. that's why I said "At least..." But keep in mind it is kind of unfair unless everyone gets to use custom moves as well.

I don't see why I need to prove you wrong.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
Either ban Miis or let them use their full moveset, restricting them to 1111 is nonsensical
I would say ether ban them, limit them to a 1111 custom move set, or let everyone use custom moves. You see from the point of view of a non Mii player if Mii fighters get to use custom moves and custom height and weight it can seem unfair to others who don't get to use custom moves. so I would say ether ban Miis or let everyone use custom moves. I think that's probably one reason why people are allowing custom moves in tournaments now, because Mii fighters wont be restricted as much any more.

Doruge

Smash Journeyman
Miis were intentionally designed to be fully usable even if customs were turned off. Claiming that it's "not fair" to other characters, is like saying that the Kirby cast's multiple jumps are unfair to other characters. It's a core part of the character, restricting Miis to 1111 is just as arbitrary as restricting the Kirby cast to one midair jump.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
Miis were intentionally designed to be fully usable even if customs were turned off. Claiming that it's "not fair" to other characters, is like saying that the Kirby cast's multiple jumps are unfair to other characters. It's a core part of the character, restricting Miis to 1111 is just as arbitrary as restricting the Kirby cast to one midair jump.
I see your point.
All I'm saying is that it seems more fair to a non Mii player to ether Ban Miis altogether (causing many people to argue such as yourself) or to allow custom moves for everyone.
Well, that's just what I think anyways. :b:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
It's too bad most people don't see it the way you do. Although i prefer giving them 1-1-1-1, 2-2-2-2, or 3-3-3-3 movesets, it is nice to see someone else with a viewpoint that allows the Miis to be playable without giving every character customs.

Shouxiao

Smash Journeyman
No for these reasons.

The only different in stages are the traction and if the stage allows characters to wall kick and cling or go under it. Many characters play better on stages with platforms. There would also be a lack of counterpicking.

Mii Brawlers should be allow and the community has agree on custom sets.

2stock and 5mins can have a lot of exploitable stall potential. If a stock takes awhile the person who lost the first stock has to play extra defensive. The person who took the stock can also play extra defensive and stall out matches. Also 3stocking an opponent is way more hype than 2 stocking them.

If the community does it right custom movesets are no problem.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
The only major pro to having a For Glory based rule set are tournaments would be much more efficient. I under stand as a competitive player this may sound very stupid to do but as a person who hosts tournaments I find using this rule set or a variation of it makes the tournaments much more effecient and less time consuming. There simple and strait forward.
That's really wrong. The only rule which would help TO is 2min late=dq. Really i don't know if you ever try to run a tournament, but the biggest loss of time come from player who are hard to find, or who don't give the result fast enough. And the lack of wiiU too (plus the issue when a WiiU bug lol) These things are the real nightmare, and are not fixed at all by FG rules

Raijinken

Smash Master
That's really wrong. The only rule which would help TO is 2min late=dq. Really i don't know if you ever try to run a tournament, but the biggest loss of time come from player who are hard to find, or who don't give the result fast enough. And the lack of wiiU too (plus the issue when a WiiU bug lol) These things are the real nightmare, and are not fixed at all by FG rules
While it doesn't fix the major issues, removing the stage selection process (as FG rules do) entirely is roughly as valid a solution as "un-adding" the time it takes to choose custom moves by removing them. It addresses tournament time issue through "fixing" a non-major contributor. Ultimately, if a scene doesn't have enough willing players to get setups, the TO really should strongly consider foregoing pot bonuses (or profit) in exchange for getting more setups. Heck, I ran a 14-man tournament for a bunch of casual friends and we still had five setups, four of which were complete with the adapter and all. There are a myriad of other potential time-savers that add up significantly more than ruleset changes.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I would not play this game if For Glory rules were the only way to play. For Glory is a simplified quick match system designed to appeal to a sort of quasi-competitive player who takes the game seriously enough to care about winning but not seriously enough to learn all of its intricacies. The full game has the rich diversity of a variety of stages and moveset options that in turn lead to incredible character diversity (both in number of viable characters and in how different those characters are from each other). To me, these things are what really make this game special, and at this point in my life, I just don't see the reason I'd play a game competitively if it wasn't really special.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sudden death only emphasizes players phobia to take risks.
Not in my experience. Most people I see go pretty aggro because they'd rather not have it come down to the coin flip that is SD.

Not that this matters, just being personal experience for the both of us. Until somebody makes a tournament with the default SD rules, it's just my word against yours.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Not in my experience. Most people I see go pretty aggro because they'd rather not have it come down to the coin flip that is SD.

Not that this matters, just being personal experience for the both of us. Until somebody makes a tournament with the default SD rules, it's just my word against yours.
I have the players play out Sudden Death at events I run and most try to KO their opponent instead of play defensive. It plays out much like how you have played it in For Glory online.

Your comment is hilarious because all you're arguing is making the "Casual Scene" (Aka FOR GLORY!) into the competitive scene. Take your own advice and stop trying to mix up the competitive arena with the casual scene! xD
You are deeply mistaken in thinking I was proposing that the PLAYERS who play on For Glory was representational of the Competitive Arena - this is not to be found online or even in the mundane realm, this is of the spirit realm - the psyche of competitors found in the spirit of the samurai and in the heart of every competitive Smasher.
Glad I could clear that up for you, my friend.

You can play For Glory and not believe it is a truly competitive rule set. I certaintly don't, and I would think most people would agree.
"Belief" in a "competitive rule set" is highly subjective. The "Glory" I referred to in my post was not the online "For Glory", but was a definition of mindset.

If you "believe" a game of winner/loser it is not "competitive" then you're not being a competitor no matter what game or mode you are using and are not competiting with a "Playing to win" mindset and just being casual. What your opponent's mindset is may be completely different, good luck with that!

It completely removes any semblance of platform play, and enhances the usefulness of zoners and ground based characters, while hurting air fighters. It's not balanced, and flies in the face of what people actually want to play.
You seem to me to be mistaking "balance" with "competition".
Most players are casual. If it "flies in the face" of most people, then all the much better - they'll eventually find their way to For Fun or exit the field entirely (probably the latter).

Competitive players, however, can (and do) compete in vastly unbalanced games.
I would go so far as to challenge you to show me a truly balanced fighting game that you believe exists. Thanks.

Heh. Saying that competitive doesn't equal fun...
Obvious troll confirmed.
Implying that was what I said is a gross misrepresentation of my thoughtful post. I should find it offensive, but if this was actually a "kettle calling the pot black" post then that would be what was aimed for, so I'll just leave your post to speak for itself.

I would not play this game if For Glory rules were the only way to play. For Glory is a simplified quick match system designed to appeal to a sort of quasi-competitive player who takes the game seriously enough to care about winning but not seriously enough to learn all of its intricacies.
Intricacies which include items, random bombs, and farming for custom parts to use in Smash Tour.
Not everyone agrees unanimously that all these must be included in a tournament set and your opinion is just one of many, so if not utilizing the competitive offering of the designers then be happy with the broken-up community.
Personally, I think the most widely accepted rulesets should all be inclusive and the real problem of trying to force "my way or the highway" type of thinking is resolved.

Last edited:

Omegaphoenix

Smash Apprentice
I have the players play out Sudden Death at events I run and most try to KO their opponent instead of play defensive. It plays out much like how you have played it in For Glory online.

You are deeply mistaken in thinking I was proposing that the PLAYERS who play on For Glory was representational of the Competitive Arena - this is not to be found online or even in the mundane realm, this is of the spirit realm - the psyche of competitors found in the spirit of the samurai and in the heart of every competitive Smasher.

"Belief" in a "competitive rule set" is highly subjective. The "Glory" I referred to in my post was not the online "For Glory", but was a definition of mindset.

If you "believe" a game of winner/loser it is not "competitive" then you're not being a competitor no matter what game or mode you are using and are not competiting with a "Playing to win" mindset and just being casual. What your opponent's mindset is may be completely different, good luck with that!

Most players are casual. If it "flies in the face" of most people, then all the much better - they'll eventually find their way to For Fun or exit the field entirely (probably the latter).

I would go so far as to challenge you to show me a truly balanced fighting game that you believe exists. Thanks.

Implying that was what I said is a gross misrepresentation of my thoughtful post. I should find it offensive, but if this was actually a "kettle calling the pot black" post then that would be what was aimed for, so I'll just leave your post to speak for itself.

Intricacies which include items, random bombs, and farming for custom parts to use in Smash Tour.
Not everyone agrees unanimously that all these must be included in a tournament set and your opinion is just one of many, so if not utilizing the competitive offering of the designers then be happy with the broken-up community.
Personally, I think the most widely accepted rulesets should all be inclusive and the real problem of trying to force "my way or the highway" type of thinking is resolved.
Okay, so what you are saying is, running an unpopular ruleset, that most player dislike, with extremely limited stage choice that artificially narrows down character selection to characters who excel in ground combat and zoning, is a good idea, because it seperates the competitive players from the non-competitive.

What? I actually don't understand what point you are trying to push. Are you saying that balance is uncompetitive? I would think a balanced game is competitive, as it doesn't artificially reduce competitive players to only picking 5 or so characters or not being competitive. And when I mentioned balance, I said FD only artificially decreases balance, not that Smash 4 was completely balanced. It's not, but it comes close. FD only simply artificially changes a pretty well balanced meta, simply so we can have simpler stage picks. Also, it essentially removes stage knowledge from play, which stage knowledge is a pretty important factor in Smash.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Okay, so what you are saying is, running an unpopular ruleset, that most player dislike, with extremely limited stage choice that artificially narrows down character selection to characters who excel in ground combat and zoning, is a good idea, because it seperates the competitive players from the non-competitive.
I don't see where I sad that anywhere. Could you explain why you are trying to create a strawman here?

What? I actually don't understand what point you are trying to push. Are you saying that balance is uncompetitive?
No, that assumption would be groundless and against my idea of what competitive is (please read my guide on this site)

And when I mentioned balance, I said FD only artificially decreases balance, not that Smash 4 was completely balanced. It's not, but it comes close. FD only simply artificially changes a pretty well balanced meta, simply so we can have simpler stage picks. Also, it essentially removes stage knowledge from play, which stage knowledge is a pretty important factor in Smash.
Could you explain how FD artificially decreases balance?
And I can't say that everyone would agree that stage knowledge is as important as you say. Stage preference and variance is very much subjective, the question we are coming down to is the competitive value of FD and why it was chosen by the designers to represent a competitive mode of play. Having just one stage to use for competition has its advantages as well and this is what needs to be measured candidly rather than starting with a presupposition that many stages need to be used or is just assumed to be a given that its good or important.
So I'll wait on your analysis before saying much else.

Omegaphoenix

Smash Apprentice
I don't see where I sad that anywhere. Could you explain why you are trying to create a strawman here?

No, that assumption would be groundless and against my idea of what competitive is (please read my guide on this site)

Could you explain how FD artificially decreases balance?
And I can't say that everyone would agree that stage knowledge is as important as you say. Stage preference and variance is very much subjective, the question we are coming down to is the competitive value of FD and why it was chosen by the designers to represent a competitive mode of play. Having just one stage to use for competition has its advantages as well and this is what needs to be measured candidly rather than starting with a presupposition that many stages need to be used or is just assumed to be a given that its good or important.
So I'll wait on your analysis before saying much else.
The problem of only using one stage for matchups is that it does artificially decrease character balance. If a character has their best stages in the played list, and their worst in the unplayed list, then the value is artifically increased compared to the rest of the cast, and visa versa. It artificially unbalances the Smash metagame, by saying characters who are good on stage A are the best characters. Characters who are good on stages B-K are not as good, as they will never play on stages B-K. Only stage A. This creates character select forcing, by saying the best characters are these characters who are good on stage A, anyone else is not as good. We saw this with Ice Climbers in Brawl. As their worst stages got banned, they rose up to become the number 2 spot on the tier list.

By centralizing the meta game around a few characters, we create a few problems, but the biggest is accessability. By making only a few characters competitive, we reduce the overall competitive base, especially in Smash, where the characters are more than just their play styles. If a guy loves say, Charizard, and loves playing Charizard, but learns that because of the ruleset, his Charizard is artificially worse than everyone else, because they only play FD, and Charizard loves say Delfino, but doesn't like FD. (I don't know what Charizard actually likes, this is an example) Charizard is therefore worse as a character, and that guy is either going to have to play a different character if he wants to play competitively, or just not play competitively. Either is bad, because it neutralizes all the effort this guy put into learning his Charizard.

One stage only is bad for the player who plays a character who doesn't benefit from the chosen stage. The only conceivable benefit is lowering time it takes to choose a stage, which in all my experience, is mostly negligible anyway. I feel most players will back me up here. The real TO time wasters are missing matches, and lack of setups. Neither is solved by FD only. That's my take.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Most of the best characters are primarily air fighters who benefit from platforms... Many of the worst prefer FD so people can't so easily hide from their projectiles.

Honestly, I don't see any major balance changes with or without other stages or with or without customs.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
One of the reasons I created this thread was because I was sick and tired of people (who claim to be competitive) saying things should be banned without good reasons so as kind of a joke I promoted one of the most limiting multilayer modes in smash. To my surprise most people voted against it... although I kind of get why some aspects of For Glory mode are stupid.

Another reason I created this thread was to see if people would react if all controversial competitive subjects such as customs, items, mii fighters, stages, etc. were all excluded to accommodate a "competitive players" philosophy. I also seriously want to know what people thought competitively about For Glory mode.

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I'm not a big fan of 2 stock and 6 minutes, but it has a few arguments backing it up. Truth be told, I'm not too sure what the Stock/Time limit should be for Smash 4. The only reason I side with 3 Stock and 8 Minutes is because I prefer to play in with those settings.

My least favorite For Glory rule is Omega Form only. Stage selection is way more important in Smash Brothers than in any other fighting game series. A player's strategy can change depending on what stage was picked. The differences between stages is what makes Smash interesting to some people and playing exclusively on Omega form stages doesn't offer that same variety.

For Glory is a great online mode. Tournaments take time to organize and execute, but For Glory offers a simple way to quickly play matches back-to-back. Unfortunately, For Glory rules don't transfer over to competitive play so smoothly.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Warning Received

Keep trying.

Top Bottom