• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Dedede had his Smash 4 down tilt?

D

Deleted member

I posted this on Reddit earlier, and I'd wanna see how you all on the D3 boards would think of this idea. Let's face it, as it is now his down tilt is really, really bad and has barely any practical use. In Smash 4, his down tilt is changed to one where he's able to roll across himself the stage and I think it'd be pretty great to see in PM if it were ever implemented. Not only would it be great for him to have a decent stage movement option, but it can be used for punishing, approaching, as a potential OoS option, and also a dank taunt. :^) Along with that, it'd be better for offense than his current down tilt and not to mention comes out faster.

So, what are your thoughts on this?

Phubs

Smash Cadet
And what if rolling off a ledge started continued the animation as an aerial

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
And what if rolling off a ledge started continued the animation as an aerial
Dear god I had the same thought. That would surely make it a better edge-guarding tool then the current one.

D

Deleted member

What if doing the roll on somebody who's on the ledge spikes them? :^ )

DD_

Smash Journeyman
I think we can agree any improvements to the current dtilt would be awesome. This one in particular sounds amazing tho :D

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I don't know about you guys, but I get plenty of mileage out of Dedede's down tilt against low % enemies off stage as a decently fast attack before it gets to the point where I'd need to chase with aerials. It works especially well against Falcon and Ganon's horrid up-bs, in my experience.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i really dont think looking to smash 4 for inspiration is the best idea. not neccesarily in functionality, but i mean really, i dont want to see PM devs start picking and taking from the brawl sequel that nintendo developed. PM is where we can deviate from nintendos often questionable design decisions.

in the case of DDDs dtilt, i think the most important thing really is frame data. it functions fine atm, but it has too much lag and not enough relevant speed in start up to compensate. you might as well grab really. i think making this move come out on frame 5, possibly cutting back on hitbox duration, and decreasing the FAF to AT LEAST 30 (but really probably like 28) would be acceptable.

Top Bottom