• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Ideas People Have as they are Voting (To help those who haven't voted yet)

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
So based on all the ideas for characters that seem to be thrown out, it appears that there are categories these characters fall into and I thought it would help those who haven't voted to decide on a character. Most of the voting has already been done most likely, but if you are waiting like I am, maybe this will help you.

What ideas People have when they are voting…

What beloved series/character needs to see a revival

This is their one chance to get their character into the game. Hopefully, by this happening the character will make a revival. If this were to happen, Nintendo may be more inclined to include them in other future projects

What character needs more representatives

Characters in beloved series have not been shown enough love, when they are so original and important to the series. With the vote ballot, this is their chance to take the opportunity and get their character in the game.

What character has had great success with Nintendo and needs more recognition

This character has/will do a lot for nintendo and an original that should be invested more time into. Hopefully with this ballot they can get the recognition they deserve.

What other 3rd party characters I want to see in

We have some the best icons in one single game. Mario, Sonic, Megaman. Yet we don’t have a representative of the (______) series. Seeing these characters added in will only increase the appeal Smash 4 has to a wider audience.

Hopefully this will help some of you, idk maybe seeing the ideas centralized will help ppl decide how they want to go about voting?
Also if I missed your character I'm sorry there are of course hundreds of other characters people are rooting for but I feel like I got a few of the main ones?
Do you feel like I properly summarized the main ideas people are thinking? Let me know. I'd love to see what you guys think

If you do want to see my ideas on who I am trying to decide to vote for, click below. But DONT click if you don't want to be influenced!
Again pick the character you want.. I believe the top 2-3 characters from the Ballet will get in

I'm more in the reviving a series than anything, but I also want to see some others
I think it'd be
Geno
Isaac
Inklings (not new, but they're cool)

I would love for other 3rd party characters, but those may be a little harder? Maybe Nintendo is inclined to make agreements with the other companies? idk

Also with Lucas getting in that almost guarantees Wolf is going to get in. Starfox needs more reps, and it'd be the same amount of work as it took with Lucas to put him in. So in my eyes I'd rather save my vote

Last edited:

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
Of course there are bad ideas like characters from anime or series (just an opinion), but I think there are characters that can be good ideas even though they are 3partys, the problem is that they will have a very low probability of being considered (for example Banjo & Kazooie owned by Microsoft).

I would limit voting for Nintendo characters or 3partys of companies that have supported Nintendo in the past (Rayman).

Geno is one of those characters which I have doubts about the legal patents.

Another problem are the stage hazards and assist trophies, that are already in the game (Waluigi, Grinham, Dark Samus or Ridley)

Personally would choose between:

1) King K. Rool

2) Krystal

3) Isaac

4) Wolf

5) Medusa

Or even…

6) Dixie Kong

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
Of course there are bad ideas like characters from anime or series (just an opinion), but I think there are characters that can be good ideas even though they are 3partys, the problem is that they will have a very low probability of being considered (for example Banjo & Kazooie owned by Microsoft).

I would limit voting for Nintendo characters or 3partys of companies that have supported Nintendo in the past (Rayman).

Geno is one of those characters which I have doubts about the legal patents.

Another problem are the stage hazards and assist trophies, that are already in the game (Waluigi, Grinham, Dark Samus or Ridley)

Personally would choose between:

1) King K. Rool

2) Krystal

3) Isaac

4) Wolf

5) Medusa

Or even…

6) Dixie Kong
Did you hear that Nintendo said it is open to 3rd party characters by twitter?
I think that is rly interesting. but yah like you said if they do get it they'll basically need to have a really good relationship with Nintendo

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I voted for Goemon from The Legend of the Mystical Ninja series.

I can visualize a moveset for him so easily, I just had to vote for him, even if I'm the only one who did.

Other characters I considered: Toad, Impa, Chrom, and Dixie Kong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom