• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What have you learned today?

Grandeza

Smash Master
Maybe I should've wrote that at half 10 rather than 20 past 1 but anyway to my point:

There's like 3 main time frames in an hour, quarter past, half past and quarter to. Like right now if someone was to ask the time I'd say "quarter to 11" and 15 minutes ago I'd say "half (past) 10". I never knew America didn't do this.
I'm not sure I understand. We say half past and quarter of. I don't always necessarily but it's not uncommon for someone to say the time like that. Although, I have never heard half 10. I do hear half past and quarter of frequently though o_O

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm not sure I understand. We say half past and quarter of. I don't always necessarily but it's not uncommon for someone to say the time like that. Although, I have never heard half 10. I do hear half past and quarter of frequently though o_O
Half 5 and half past 5 is the same time, alot of people just miss out the "past" as it's uneccessary. Never heard someone say quarter of though.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I learned that obtaining Pokemon in HGSS is an extremely painful task due to a modified catch rate system which screws up catching pokemon completely

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I learned that at times you must wait instead of going ahead.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hei Gess Wat!

Wat?

I Don Liek U! D:<

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LOL don't say that. You only have 22 posts.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I learned that getting lost in philadelphia is NOTHING compared to getting lost in new york. ****

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
That if I apply myself to my school work instead of procrastinating constantly I can get a lot more done then I first thought..

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Half 12, half past 12, nobody really thinks about it that much so I'm not even sure which one I say more. Speaking if American terminology, I had to explain to some girls today that Jason Bieber wasn't actually telling them to **** off in his Google images pics, that's just the American sign for peace (I think). I only discovered that when I heard they changed the box cover of Left 4 Dead 2 for the UK.

It always did annoy me that Numba 2 from CNKND was flicking us the V's during the credits.
I learned that the peace sign in Somehow Not Pluvia's country means "**** you".... today

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You obviously haven't seen Home Alone 2
I have, I just forgot about it. Man, I was lucky to have my mom.

This scares me >____<
Yes, be scared. Be very scared. Trying to get to the lower half of Canal street SUCKS when you get negated with a no turning sign, then with like four streets that are all one way TO THE LEFT.

Scared yet? You should be.

Oh oh and one more thing! There's only like, one gasoline station in new york. Srsly.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I have, I just forgot about it. Man, I was lucky to have my mom.

Yes, be scared. Be very scared. Trying to get to the lower half of Canal street SUCKS when you get negated with a no turning sign, then with like four streets that are all one way TO THE LEFT.

Scared yet? You should be.

Oh oh and one more thing! There's only like, one gasoline station in new york. Srsly.
OH you mean NY is scarier than PA?

I thought you meant PA is scarier than NYC which would be very scary >_<

Cuz then ok I'm fine with that. NY is just confusing as all hell sometimes >_<. If you know someone that is familiar with NY... you should ask them to save you =D

soju

SD God
I learned that dead body's build up a lot of gases inside of them when left alone, and when punctured they explode. ;D
Oh snap I think thats what they call a Boomer XDDD hopefully it doesnt explode on you or you may attract the horde(L4D nerd. . . actually every game Nerd XDD)

edit: oh and I learned how to effectively run away from the cops today(true story) ;3

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
OH you mean NY is scarier than PA?

I thought you meant PA is scarier than NYC which would be very scary >_<

Cuz then ok I'm fine with that. NY is just confusing as all hell sometimes >_<. If you know someone that is familiar with NY... you should ask them to save you =D
Yeah Nyc is scarier than Philly. God. Philly seems SOOO managable (lol spelling) compared to new york. Seriously, like, its like hell. With buildings. Are there any suburbs there? xD

.Marik

is a social misfit
I learned that internet relationships are just asking for trouble, and will most likely fail miserably.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah Nyc is scarier than Philly. God. Philly seems SOOO managable (lol spelling) compared to new york. Seriously, like, its like hell. With buildings. Are there any suburbs there? xD
LMAO

In NY yea. My cousin lives in Queens and her neighborhood is nothing like the city, its actually really nice there.

Its not all of NY but the ones most people go to visit is the giant skyscrapers and stuff.

Top Bottom