• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What happened to the Starman (Earthbound) AT from E4All?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why am I bringing this up is because I noticed this AT was completely removed from Brawl since E-For-All, how do I know this AT even existed at one point? Well, it goes like this; during E4All there was a 9:00 minute video uploaded to youtube that featured Sonic Vs. Sonic battles with Live and Learn playing in the videos background; and during the middle of this video (It was Sonic Vs. Sonic on Bridge of Eldin) one of the Sonic's went to the left of the stage and used an AT.

At first nothing came out, but I saw something warp behind Sonic, ram into him, do a little turn and ran off in an incredible amount of speed; I am not crazy, and am not lying. I went through all of the AT's we know of now to see if maybe I was mistaken back then, no, none of them even were remotely similar to the Starman AT I saw. Just to further prove that I was not alone, I saw a blog on IGN wasy back when further establishing what I saw.

http://blogs.ign.com/phoenixdragoon/2007/10/23/69693

So I am not alone, but now nobody can see the video because it is gone. Man what I want to know is why the heck he is gone...

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
What starman are you reffering to? The one from Mario, the one from Earthbound, or the one from Megaman? Earthbound I assume?

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
If it was really a Starman AT then it'd be too bad if they took it out. I heard they took out some other AT's so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There is also a guitar-playing AT that is on no one's list either.
That ones still there. Thats Barabara the Bat (or something like that) I saw her yesterday in an AT compillation video.

Too bad for Starman though =(

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
More proof would be nice, but this is probably like The Seven.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I would give proof, if the freaking video was not taken off. Seriously, It is at times like this I wish you could save Youtube videos so that way if they get deleted you still have it.

Zek

Smash Ace
Funny that all the ATs that have supposedly been removed since the demos are the ones that no one has any photo or video proof of.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes, that does look like Little Mac. I wasn't aware how...uh...little he was compared to Sonic.

He also moves quite fast, then. Looked like some sort of teleport.

Ah well.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Guys. Look really closely. It IS a Starman. I had to look several times before seeing it, but now that I see it, I can't even see it being Little Mac anymore.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Holy ****. I found the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5TriuDHVrc

Happens around the 4:13. It looks small, and I can't quite tell...but it operates in a fashion I've yet to see another AT act like.

Looks like we have the first video proof of a cut AT. Neat.
Thank you so much for finding another link to it SirPenguin.

Ah yes, that does look like Little Mac. I wasn't aware how...uh...little he was compared to Sonic.

He also moves quite fast, then. Looked like some sort of teleport.

Ah well.
No it does not look like Little Mac, I have seen videos of Little Mac in action, he stays around for a lot longer, does not teleport and uses several attacks, not one big attack like this Starman AT does; He is not Knuckle Joe or Grey Fox either.

Guys. Look really closely. It IS a Starman. I had to look several times before seeing it, but now that I see it, I can't even see it being Little Mac anymore.
I know, take a look at this picture first, than watch the video closely.

http://starmen.net/mother2/images/official/clay_starman.png

Thrull

Smash Cadet
I watched the video, if you compare it with Little Mac in the all-AT video, it matches his leaning-forward charging style perfectly. I doubt it ever was Starman.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Yeah, that AT was very obviously Little mac. It may look like starman if you force yourself to see it that way, but it's obviously little mac. He just dashed off the stage, explaining why he only appeared shortly.

Seriously, there WERE no cut ATs. They were either lies, or other ATs mistaken for another character.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
No, it's Little Mac. You can even see his shorts. It's most obvious when he runs off screen.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Little Mac doesn't wear silver.

Again, look at the photo I took.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
*FACEPALM*

It's Little Mac. Don't you people remember the Kirby = Sonic debacle from that same stage?

That's clearly Little Mac. More clear than the stage being Bridge of Eldin. When it first comes out, you can see it hunched over exactly the way he normally runs. Lol @ people who think it's Starman.

Piks

Smash Journeyman

But he doesn't punch anyone, and he's not that small.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
It's Little Mac, my eyesight is powerful enough to determine this. You can easily see his hunched body, black tank top, and green shorts.

Top Bottom