• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What happened to For Glory Teams?

homiedixon

Smash Rookie
Ever since the 3ds launch, I've adored the 2v2 format for online matches. If I feel like I'm not playing very well one day, I'll just go into Doubles with Jigglypuff and have a great time.

Obviously its not as popular as the 1v1 setting, but theres always been more than enough people to play it. At 3 AM (CST) I'd still find a lobby in seconds, and if somebody backed out you'd rarely have to wait over a minute.

Just yesterday though, it seems like everybody quit. I was playing from about noon-2:00 PM with no issues, I backed out of the lobby I was in, tried to join another and it couldn't find anybody. I thought this was a bit weird, several times in a row I was in a match by myself even after the timer for character selection runs out. I started a stopwatch, and after 5 minutes with zero people found I just got off for a bit. To be safe, I checked my internet connection (which probably isn't the issue considering I was able to find 1v1s just fine) and unplugged my wii u.

After getting back on at roughly 5:00, Team Smash was still deserted. I decided to go all in and wait for half an hour, counting how many people joined in.

There were 2. One after about 3 minutes, they left at the 8 minute mark, then another person after about 12 minutes. I'm trying to find matches at this very moment, having no success. Did everybody in the world decide to abandon team smash and I just didnt get the memo?

Update* one month after my first "offense", Im finally allowed to play with people now. A month. I did nothing. -.-

Last edited:

Emmington

Smash Cadet
You might have gotten reported for some reason and put into For Glory Hell. I can't really imagine why else you wouldn't be able to find anyone...

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
You might have gotten reported for some reason and put into For Glory Hell. I can't really imagine why else you wouldn't be able to find anyone...
^^^ I'd have to go with this. ^^^

It definitely sounds like you may of been put into Ban Land, because I have zero issues with finding opponents in Teams (especially considering my friend and I played it for about 3 hours straight yesterday and almost on a daily basis to begin with). When you're in Ban Land you might as well give up trying to do Team matches as you wouldn't be able to find enough people to even start the match.

Your best option would be to just wait it out, or attempt Ban Land 1v1s which I've heard mixed stories about.

Last edited:

homiedixon

Smash Rookie
^^^ I'd have to go with this. ^^^

It definitely sounds like you may of been put into Ban Land, because I have zero issues with finding opponents in Teams (especially considering my friend and I played it for about 3 hours straight yesterday and almost on a daily basis to begin with). When you're in Ban Land you might as well give up trying to do Team matches as you wouldn't be able to find enough people to even start the match.

Your best option would be to just wait it out, or attempt Ban Land 1v1s which I've heard mixed stories about.

Is there any way to dispute a report? I dont have the faintest idea what I could've done... I have one name set for doubles and one for singles to keep track of each character for each mode, and I never change them. "GL•HF:^)" and ";^D" so I would assume it wasnt for any kind of bullying ._.

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
There is no way to dispute the claims for banland. Claims are also not checked, so while you may get automatically reported for things like targeting a single player in free for all, or suiciding too often, or idling repeatedly, it can also be for someone just getting mad that you beat them and issuing a fraudulent report.

Still, just tough it out for a week or two and get back to it. If you like 1v1 and aren't afraid of staying banned longer, banland has some amazing 1v1 players who get there by being too good (admittedly amongst other, rightfully banned players as well). If you want to get back to any other mode, though, you're best to just take some time off from smash, as additional reports will keep you in banland longer.

homiedixon

Smash Rookie
There is no way to dispute the claims for banland. Claims are also not checked, so while you may get automatically reported for things like targeting a single player in free for all, or suiciding too often, or idling repeatedly, it can also be for someone just getting mad that you beat them and issuing a fraudulent report.

Still, just tough it out for a week or two and get back to it. If you like 1v1 and aren't afraid of staying banned longer, banland has some amazing 1v1 players who get there by being too good (admittedly amongst other, rightfully banned players as well). If you want to get back to any other mode, though, you're best to just take some time off from smash, as additional reports will keep you in banland longer.

I've tried searching for any way to even see what I got reported for (which seems likely, Im not allowed to join Tournament mode) but ended up empty handed. I read through the entire Miiverse Code of Conduct and found nothing. Surely I'm not the first person to say this, but what a ridiculous system!

Lets just pretend I was actually trash-talking and harrassing other people. If there was a way to dispute it, I probably wouldn't have a very solid case. Still, they dont even tell you what you did wrong? How is somebody supposed to learn if they get punished with no explanation? If anything, I got banned for somebody else breaking the Code, and its not like I'd receive any sort of apology or compensation from Nintendo.

At least I still have Tokyo Mirage Sessions to pass the time :)

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I've tried searching for any way to even see what I got reported for (which seems likely, Im not allowed to join Tournament mode) but ended up empty handed. I read through the entire Miiverse Code of Conduct and found nothing. Surely I'm not the first person to say this, but what a ridiculous system!

Lets just pretend I was actually trash-talking and harrassing other people. If there was a way to dispute it, I probably wouldn't have a very solid case. Still, they dont even tell you what you did wrong? How is somebody supposed to learn if they get punished with no explanation? If anything, I got banned for somebody else breaking the Code, and its not like I'd receive any sort of apology or compensation from Nintendo.

At least I still have Tokyo Mirage Sessions to pass the time :)
The thing is anyone can report you for anything they wish because from my understanding the Reports aren't even moderated.

I believe it's more of an Auto-System. Get X amount of Reports in Y amount of time and expect to be put into Ban Land. You don't have to do anything, and just as SteadyDisciple SteadyDisciple has said people could report you simply for winning if you got them upset enough. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me that someone would report you for losing to them if they really wanted to. The Report System was a step in the right direction; however the way it is used and works is absolute garbage due to the fact it can be abused in such a ridiculous manner.

You cannot dispute it (I believe many have tried calling Nintendo about it and coming up empty handed), there's no way of knowing what you did or who really caused you to go into Ban Land, and in the end there's ultimately nothing you can do stop something like this.

You could be on your best behavior 100% of the time but still get reported and sent there in the end.

Last edited:

homiedixon

Smash Rookie
Even though Doubles is pretty much off-limits right now, this experience has been pretty entertaining. SteadyDisciple SteadyDisciple wasnt exaggerating about the players being amazing! Being a Pikachu main, I could probably count on my fingers how many Falcons have destroyed me. Its such a bad matchup for them.

In two seperate cases since yesterday, I wasnt even able to take a stock until game 3. I've probably been wrecked more times in the last week than throughout the entirety of this game's life-span haha

Last edited:

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Even though Doubles is pretty much off-limits right now, this experience has been pretty entertaining. SteadyDisciple SteadyDisciple wasnt exaggerating about the players being amazing! Being a Pikachu main, I could probably count on my fingers how many Falcons have destroyed me. Its such a bad matchup for them.

In two seperate cases since yesterday, I wasnt even able to take a stock until game 3. I've probably been wrecked more times in the last week than throughout the entirety of this game's life-span haha
I have oddly gotten the same issue as you, only that happened to me about 3 days ago. And... it happened right after I switched modems... XD

And I'm also finding some super-tough guys in 1v1; looks like all of us pros (or not-scrubby players... XD) end up in banland cause some morons reported us for beating them fair and square. I wonder about the human race sometimes... :grin:

On the bright side though, i have not run into a single laggy match this week... (Only had one disconnect at the start for no reason other than a "communication error") Only trouble has been with one opponent that have half a second input lag.

I've also noticed that every opponents in Australia or New Zealand... What region are you?!

Top Bottom