• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What happened on your join date?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
A simple thread asking if you can remember anything significant that happened on your join date on the boards:

For me, I was watching Into the Storm when I made my account. Though I didn't use it for five weeks after I made it (VLSI johns!), so yeah. :ohwell:

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I got a random PM from someone welcoming me and telling about the Pool Room. Very thoughtful.

I deleted it though, I want to know who it was now. >_<

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Chuck Norris punched a kitten.

...But seriously, not much. I became a frequent of the SSB4 thread, did a lot of crap in Forum Games, etc., etc.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I was just working...

But first I went to brawl discussion until I got bored there for having no wii. so I went to poke center. I also got bored from lack of pokemon game. So I spent some time in entertainment until the news got boring. So I tried general discussion and vuala Im here now... btw I messed up my first post here by reviving a year old thread by mistake>_<

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well, I was meant to be doing chemistry homework, that's about all that comes to mind.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
On the actual date I joined? I don't remember. I posted a few days later about tournaments and stuff.

Historically? D-Day on June 6, 1944 and Guns N' Roses playing its first gig on June 6, 1985, and 666 three years ago on June 6, 2006.

In other words, I have the best join date in existence.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I made this account cause I didn't like my past username.

But for my previous account, I made it to advertise CAST1.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Like nothing happened. lol

Even something did that was so long ago. All I remember about when I joined was that the banner was of Young Link doing his taunt and the forums seemed way different back then. It was probably just the layout.

highfive

Smash Lord
I remember that high fives were highly plentiful that day. It is like a dream that floats gently down stream as I forget my roots.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I just joined to get on the friend finder.

..Oh hey, remember that function?

But yah.. nothing really happened after that. Just got owned and left to play With Anyone.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it was christmas eve 2002

i was at a cousins house or something and we were staying late

after midnight struck and we opened presents and stuff, i went on the computer since the parents were just talking and stuff

i went on gamefaqs and google and stuff to read guides on smash

then i found smashboards, lurked for a few minutes then made an account

greatest christmas present ever

momaspeare

Smash Cadet
On my join date I talked to a person which is on smash boards too and when i told him that I will join smash boards he had could kiss me...

JUDGE

Smash Lord
....you talkin to me moma?? lol
i wouldn't kiss you btw i was just happy that you wanna start playin' brawl competitevly

saturday biiig party by ellie yeah^^

.Marik

is a social misfit
Nothing significant happened.

But now my dreary existance has a purpose!

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
lol yeah nothing special. Every time i came to smashboards before i was like "ugh i hate the layout. i dont want to join." and then i finally joined and then didnt start using smashboards for a couple months

lol choknater i love how your post count has been going down and now is in the negatives

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I finally got back from the war in Vietnam. Then I invented the world wide web (Al Gore beat me to the internet sadly) and then invented smashboards.

I made my account to change the skin I had. The black skin with the Bowser on the top is bad, IMO. I didn't write my first post until at least 6 months after I made my account.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
The Brawl versus Melee debate was raging when I made my account. It was interesting. And I was one of those 'converted' out of Scar's debate thread.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
April 11, 2006:

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announces that Iran has successfully enriched uranium.

Deaths:
June Pointer, American singer (Pointer Sisters) (b. 1953)
Proof, American rapper (D12) (b. 1973)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
The last day of May, yup, that's about it :D

EDIT: Just checked, apparently Ramses II became the Pharaoh on May 31, and Leopold Staff (really famous Polish poet) died.

Top Bottom