• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

Frown

poekmon
Hey people. I'm going to gamestop later cause I'm bored. I have no idea what to get. I just want something innovative, addicting, and fun. And preferably on Wii, DS, or PS2. Halp?
Have you got the big ones for the Wii? Mario Galaxy, Zelda: TP, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime 3 (If you haven't got this one, you might wanna wait for the trilogy, it comes out in August)? If so, get one of these:

- Boom Blox
- Little King's Story
- Zack & Wiki
- Resident Evil 4 (Best FPS ever if you ask me)
- No More Heroes

Sensai

Smash Master
Also like to chime in and point out Okami as an innovative game that you might like to try. Good buy on Zak and Wiki, though. Truly fantastic game.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Also like to chime in and point out Okami as an innovative game that you might like to try. Good buy on Zak and Wiki, though. Truly fantastic game.
Was looking at Okami for my next game. Looked cool. And Z&W is quite fun. I actually lost track of time playing it last night, which I haven't done in quite some time. Also, the cel-shading takes me back to my days playing Zelda: Wind Waker.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Definitely, DEFINITELY take up Okami, toonmarth, it is my favourite game ever second only to Ocarina of Time.

Guys, I'm looking for a Wii Game to get my hands on. I want something lengthy, so it would have to be an adventure type of game. I've played all of the A-list games like Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Metroid, etc..., which were quite disappointing for the most part, so I want something different.

I've heard good things about, um, The Conduit but I don't know if it's praised for story mode or not. I'm looking for a one-player game or game mode that's actually fun.

Any recommendations?

And likewise, if you can name a game with similar specifications for the DSi, that would be helpful too. (I'm currently playing Chrono Trigger for the first time and looking for The World Ends With You.)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
TWEWY is amazing. If you can find a copy, buy it.

For the Wii, I dunno. I haven't really been keeping up on my Wii games lately. But I will suggest Resident Evil 4, No More Heroes, Super Paper Mario, and Little King's Story.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
PS2? Addictive?

Persona 3 or 4 or both really.

@Clownbot
Both Oracles or forget it.
Link's Awakening, you can't go wrong.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I HHAAATTTEEEDDDD super paper mario. I don't understand the appeal of that game.
Haha, I didn't like it either, but I understand why people do. So, I'm not against suggesting it to someone who may like it.

Okay, guys: Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Link's Awakening, or The Minish Cap?
Oracle of Ages/Seasons are good. Just depends on which appeals to you more. Link's Awakening is love it or hate it. The Minish Cap is good, but not intuitive at all. I had to look up a walkthrough for things that I should not have had to do. I wouldn't really recommend The Minish Cap unless you are starved for a Zelda game.

PS2? Addictive?

Persona 3 or 4 or both really.
Persona 3 is ten times better than Persona 4. If you ever have the chance to play Persona 3, never pass it up. It's one of favourite games of all time. BUY IT NOW.

Not to say that Persona 4 isn't good or anything. You should still give it a try. But Persona 3 is way better.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Get Tatsunoko vs Capcom. The U.S. version is looking different in the terms of characters. Different Physics and what not. But it's a game worth getting now.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ SinkingHigher: I'm assuming you've tried out Final Fantasy 3 and 4? FF4 in particular has a great storyline.

@ Clownbot: You're really not going to go wrong with any of those choices. If I had to pick one, though, it would be Oracle of Ages. Good game it is.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm having a bit of trouble myself. I'm trying to do some research to see what new games are coming out this year and future however I can't really find a good website. Anyone here got a suggestion of where I can find a decent source of info for future game releases?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Not interested in what they score. I will be the judge of if I think the game looks good or not.

Thanks. I'll try Ign.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Gamespot is pretty good and they're pretty fair overall. GiantBomb is also pretty good, and always have fun stuff going on. Gametrailers is somewhat biased, but they do have good video reviews. And I believe Metacritic also has upcoming releases on video games, but I'm not positive.

I believe most of these sites have upcoming releases. Hope that helps you out.

D

Deleted member

Anyone know any mystery games for the DS? I've just been replaying Hotel Dusk for 2 years, and I need something new.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Trace Memory is somewhat akin to Hotel Dusk, if I remember correctly. Also, in the Phoenix Wright games, you have to do a lot of sleuthing to solve your cases, and they're great, so I would definitely recommend those.

D

Deleted member

Trace Memory is somewhat akin to Hotel Dusk, if I remember correctly. Also, in the Phoenix Wright games, you have to do a lot of sleuthing to solve your cases, and they're great, so I would definitely recommend those.
Yeah, have 3 PW games (can't find JFA anywhere), and I've played Trace Memory. Trace Memory is too dang short though.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Anyone got recommendations for a good rpg for either wii or gc? Ive played baten kaitos and Im looking into tales of symphonia - are there any others?

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
tales of symphonia is the best rpg ull find on gc
phantasy star online is a pretty good runner up - especially if you have friends to play with
its a lot like ToS, but it has a ****ty story and its more space age

M.K

Level 55
This.

I might be heading out to Walmart later on today. Anyone played any good Wii, DS or Virtual Console games lately? I was looking into Little King's Story, looks like it might be fun.
I was looking into this as well, but I have to see what I got on my AP US History test before I reward myself with video games. V_V
If you are looking for a DS game to last you about.....oh, FOREVER, pick up Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. It's a tactical RPG sort of like Fire Emblem, and it's one of the best games I have played in a while. There are 400 quests to do. I've been playing for 20 hours and I've done a grand total of 65 of them.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
This.

I might be heading out to Walmart later on today. Anyone played any good Wii, DS or Virtual Console games lately? I was looking into Little King's Story, looks like it might be fun.
I downloded Alex Kidd in Miracle World (lol nostalgia), Mega Man 3 and the first chapter of Tales of Monkey Island on Wednesday, and they are all pretty fun, although with the increase in price of Nintendo points Monkey Island is a bit steep in price for all 5 chapters. Monkey Island is the best chocie, but it's 1000 per chapter for 5 chapters, and the first one was 320 blocks I think, so you'd need an SD card as well to store the chapters.

I have no idea what Little King's Story is like, but it does look interesting from screenshots.

Sensai

Smash Master
The first one is the only game I've played through. Not because I never got around to it, but simply because the other ones never gripped me. The third one in particular was 'meh' as it felt more like a standard FPS than a Metroid game.

The first Prime game conveys the sense of isolation that the Metroid games do so well while taking it to a new level graphically and gameplay wise.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
MP Trilogy or wait until Pokemon HG/SS comes out and buy it instead. (I'm sort of limited on what I can get these upcoming months..)

I've only played MP3 btw.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Both. HG/SS doesn't come out till next year and the trilogy comes out in 2 weeks. Get both.
Well, I meant the Japanese imports :p that's how I'm limited really. I'm still job hunting and all I have is 50 dollars for now, not sure when I'll be able to actually work either but it's probably not for a while since most places around here aren't hiring. >.>

Edit: To make this more understandable.. I haven't been keeping up with the games on serebii and such as much as others have, so I'm hoping to get a response from those who did. =/ (I don't want to spoil myself is why I don't keep up with it)

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well, I meant the Japanese imports :p that's how I'm limited really. I'm still job hunting and all I have is 50 dollars for now, not sure when I'll be able to actually work either but it's probably not for a while since most places around here aren't hiring. >.>

Edit: To make this more understandable.. I haven't been keeping up with the games on serebii and such as much as others have, so I'm hoping to get a response from those who did. =/ (I don't want to spoil myself is why I don't keep up with it)
To be honest Japanese imports aren't going to be worth it if you don't have a clue on what they're saying :p

EDIT: Then again, it matters in a story based game like pokemon.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
To be honest Japanese imports aren't going to be worth it if you don't have a clue on what they're saying :p

EDIT: Then again, it matters in a story based game like pokemon.
TBH, I've played the originals about maybe 4 - 7 times, I know the story well, so I think I won't mind too much (And the stories usually aren't too impressive anyways.. maybe I'm just being a jerk here though). Also I think I could possibly be able to get both at their release dates, so yah.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
PLAY SILENT HILL 2!

haha besides that though my fav nintendo games out now are Paper Mario, and any Metroid Prime games, preferably the 2nd or first one.

oh and get either the first or second paper mario if u decide to get it, the newest one isnt as good imo.

Corka Cola

Smash Rookie
The second PM has the hardest boss ever!!

RPG for the Wii, I suggest Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, or Path of Radiance for the GameCube!!

How would all of you rate Kingdom Hearts 1, as I've beaten 2 and I want 3? My friend said it's the best game he's ever played...

Top Bottom