• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game series has Smash made you a fan of?

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
It has taken the feeling of being a "fan" away of more games than making me one of others.

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
Smash literally made me nintendo fan. I didn't play much games back then, so I didn't know very many series. It interested me in Kirby, Starfox, Mario, Pokemon, and Metroid.

Abulize

Smash Journeyman
Smash literally made me nintendo fan. I didn't play much games back then, so I didn't know very many series. It interested me in Kirby, Starfox, Mario, Pokemon, and Metroid.
You're joking right.. how have you never played a Mario game before Smash.. daaaaamn :laugh:.

AND Pokemon? tsk tsk

Smash has interested me in games but I'm far too busy with school work. When I do have free time I play Smash. I would however like to play the Star Fox series and Metroid.

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
I've only played a bit of Zelda in the past, but being a Link user has made me a fan of the series. There's also Fire Emblem, too, although I've only been getting into it just recently.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
For me it was definatly Earthbound. Because of Smash I've played and beat Earthbound 0 and Earthbound 1 and waiting for Earthbound 2 to come out in English.

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I was thinking of making this thread myself last night. Anyway:
I actually played Earthbound and Dr Mario because of melee. Also, I became interested in F-Zero(games and anime) after Falcon.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I've had played many of those series' games before, and i already was a huge fan of them(Mario, KIRBY, Metroid, Zelda, Pokemon), but Smash started to get me into F zero first, i played the snes and n64 ones before, but i didnt like them so much, when i bought F-Zero Gx i couldnt stop playing it, also it got me into Fire Emblem, a lot, and im waiting for the FE1 remake for the DS rawr.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
It made me try some of the GBA games for Fire Emblem and Earthbound/Mother.
I only hear good things about the Starfox games, and if I ever get a chance to get one of their games, I'll try it.

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
It got me into F-zero anime and games. God, Capt Falcon is sooo cool =P
I also want to try the Starfox games, are they worth it?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
didn't really make more interested than i already was at anything.
still hav enever played a fire emblem game or a pokemon game. and i always was and always will be a mario and zelda fan. So smash didn't really do much for me in that aspect.

it did influence me to try out the Ice Climber game, but i wouldn't say i'm a "fan"

Meta_Knight_14

Smash Cadet
I wanna play the fire emblem games, cause honestly before Smash I had never heard of them. I also never really played a lot of the Zelda games until I played Smash 64. I was already a huge pokemon fan (and still am really) and of course the Mario/DK/Kirby/Star Fox games I'd already played and loved before.

Binx

Smash Master
I have been playing video games since I was 2 years old I am now 22 and I had played almost every game that every character in melee was in and 64, when smash 64 came out I had played every game in in except F-Zero, and for Melee I've played every game except Ice Climbers and F-Zero. But i've always loved fighting games in general.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Oddly enough it made me want to try out more fighting games like Guilty Gear and Third Strike. And I ended up liking both.

F-Zero, though.

Icelement

Smash Cadet
I already liked Pokemon, Starfox, Zelda and Kirby before, now I like Kirby much more and I am definately getting the Fire Emblem game for the Wii
I bought Radiant Dawn about a week ago, and it is quite a difficult game (normal mode atm)
I certainly recommend it though, it's pretty good sofar, and one of the best tacticals I've played in a long time.

Oh and since I don't want to be completely off topic, I had already played all the games that the characters appeared in, so Smash didn't make me a fan of any particular series, however It led me to replay a lot of my old games. (Kirby Super Star for SNES and Earthbound to name a few)

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
well umm, i bought it because my dad did, i played a lot of games when i was a child, and i started playing smash brothers 64 when my dad came a aday with that game, i cudlnt stop playing.. i still tell my dad, thats the best invertion u have done in all your entire life XD

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I just lol at the memory of Ness in Smash 64... because I actually had seen Earthbound before that, although just up to the ghost-infested bridge; my cousin couldn't get anywhere in it... lol, almost like my first intro to SMRPG... my neighbors couldn't beat Croco, and I was so surprised at how much more there was to the game once I played it and got past Croco #1...

Anyways, I'm sure I hadn't heard of Kirby before Smash 64; I had heard of Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and Donkey Kong... so then, including Melee, the games I've been inspired to play that I don't think I would've otherwise picked up: Metroid, Fire Emblem, and the Kirby games. The others... well, I'm not one much for racing games (mario kart is an exception), and I've not been able to get into Star Fox...

Patinator

Smash Champion
Lesse... Star Fox (Although I only have Command :(), Metroid (Only Prime Hunters :(:mad:), and Legend of Zelda.

YES, you read the third one right. Legend. Of. Zelda.

D

Deleted member

I've played every game that I wanted to before Smash, although I would like to play Ice Climbers if I get the chance... but I've played every series except ICs and GaW...

Zodiac

Smash Master
It got me into fire emblem, when path of rediance came out I scrambled to rent it and only got half way through. Im trying to get my hands the new one now.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Well, it just "re-spiked" my interest into nintendo in general really.
When SSB64 came out I already owned or at least had played a game of every represented character except for Ness.

When Melee came around, it was only Ice Climbers and Fire Emblem that I had not heard of (yup, I've actually played a Game & Watch handheld before. My back-then neighbour owned one, it was called Vermin I believe (the one where you hit moles with two hammers))

I am planning on buying the next Fire Emblem game though and if Ice Climber get's released on Wii's virtual console (if it has already, I wouldn't know, I don't have wi-fi "yet") I'll probably try it as well.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
It made me hate the Starfox series for not having shines and hand-to-hand combat.

It made me somewhat kinda interested in Fire Emblem.

That's it.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
Smash has made me a fan of F-Zero. After playing with Captain Falcon, I scurried off to Walmart and bought F-Zero GX. I was really dissapointed that Falcon did not do a single Falcon punch in the entire game. It was just racing. WTF !?

Top Bottom