• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm trying to complete my PokéDex in Omega Ruby. So far I completed the HoennDex and I'm a little over half-way done the National Dex.

I've also been playing a fan made remake of Pokémon Crystal called Pokémon Liquid Crystal. So far it's pretty good aside from a few glitches.

EDIT: Can't get into the Elite Four due to a glitch, so I guess I'm done playing that.

Last edited:

GuiltyBadguy

Smash Cadet
Wii U: Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors
3DS: Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire, Super Smash Bros.
PS3: Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
PS Vita: Gravity Rush, Threads of Fate (PS1 Classic)

Nem

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4264-9955-3401
Aside from Smash, I've been playing some DoA5 Last Round on Xbox One. Enjoying it a great deal as a casual fighter. It's nice to just play fighting games sometimes without thinking about the intricacies. I also like to play a lot of Pokemon Omega Ruby with my friends on livestream every Sunday evening. Revisiting some fun, old Sega games too. Been playing some Jet Set Radio and Virtual Striker a lot recently.

Atrabilious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Atrabilious
Majora's Mask HD remake for 3DS.

It's my favourite Zelda, and in my opinion the best 3D Zelda. Despite the circumstances of it's production, I feel like it captured something really special in terms of overall themes and gameplay with the 3-day limit. Obviously it's not for everyone, I can understand why people dislike the timer on it. Shame we'll probably never see anything like it again in the main series.

finalark

SNORLAX
Out of sheer boredom, I'm playing the GCN version of Ocarina of Time. The controls feel a bit clunky to me, though.
Fun fact, I've never played OoT on an N64. Neither have I ever played the N64 version of MM. The OoT and MM I grew up on was on Master Quest and the LoZ Collector's Edition disk, respectively.

I'd imagine the game controls similarly on the N64, although I could be wrong. I know the GCN version MM had some glitches and freezing issues that I never encountered.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Fun fact, I've never played OoT on an N64. Neither have I ever played the N64 version of MM. The OoT and MM I grew up on was on Master Quest and the LoZ Collector's Edition disk, respectively.

I'd imagine the game controls similarly on the N64, although I could be wrong. I know the GCN version MM had some glitches and freezing issues that I never encountered.
I own the N64 version of OOT, so I haven't really tested out what the controls are like compared to the GCN version. It's been so long since I've played that one (back when I really sucked at games). As for MM, I used to own the original N64 version, but I got rid of it because I couldn't really get into it until the remake. I still own an N64, so I may have to try OOT on there just to see how the controls hold up.

The GCN controls are pretty weird (especially the C-stick controls), but they're not too bad. They're just pretty clunky half of the time. They're certainly not as smooth as WW's controls.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
OoT and MM on N64 don't exactly run at 30 frames per second like WW, so the clunkiness is expected.

And I wouldn't use the C stick controls for items, just use XYZ. You'll need the C stick for looking or using the ocarina though.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
As @ Minato Minato said, those games doesn't exactly have very high frame rates. Plus there's the fact that OoT and MM are seventeen and fifteen year old games from the N64/PS1/SAT era. Dated, clunky controls are usually a given when it comes to games from that era.

Also, I spent my entire childhood exclusively using the C-Stick for items in those games. I only found out about ten seconds ago via Minato's post that you could use XYZ. My boyhood was just turned on its head.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
It's just been Monster Hunter 4U, Project Diva F 2nd and Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U for me this week. Trying to get 500 For Glory wins in both versions of Sm4sh, which I'm very close to doing on the Wii U version.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
Well, I have been playing

• Mother 3
  • Earthbound
  • Smash 4 (wii u and 3ds)
  • Minecraft (mainly modded)
  • CS:GO (Gift from a friend, I'm enjoying it)
  • Castle Crashers
  • Majora's Mask 3D
  • Luigi's Mansion : Dark Moon

Last edited:

ProGamer

Smash Rookie
I'm recently playing Metroid Zero Mission trying to beat it 100%. I'm also playing Ocarina of Time trying to beat it for the first time and Star Fox Command try getting all the endings.

D

Deleted member

Well, recently, I've only been playing the two new Super Smash Bros. games. That's it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Smash

I haven't had much time to play vidya recently, what with college assignments and such.

But my assignments are done for right now.

So now I can play more Smash other vidya!

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Project Diva, Project Diva 2nd, Project Diva Extend, Project Diva F, Project Diva F 2nd, Project Mirai.
Celebrating Miku Day the proper way.
NB4 someone "No Project Mirai 2? :troll:"

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Recently picked up Hyrule Warriors and Captain Toad. They're both pretty good so far. Hyrule Warriors' soundtrack is amazing.
Just finished off Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies. Better than Apollo Justice, at least (which isn't difficult), but still not as good as the original trilogy.
On the side, I have some Majora's Mask 3D, and Nazo no Murasame-jō.
Also playing more Smash again, after taking a bit of a break.

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
Aside from smash I'm playing a lot of umvc3. It's a really fun change of pace. MAHVEL BABY!

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
Civilization 5 and Beyond Earth at the SAME TIME. Now that's multitasking and tons of micromanagement. Also while browsing Smashboards. Multiple Monitors FTW.

Last edited:

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
Just beat heavy rain, replaying it to get different endings, also im about 75% through sonic genertaions..
also doing a Pokemon X Nuzelocke, just lost my whole team to the chick with the 2 lucario (when you battle her in Geosenge town)... gotta train a whole new team na d have absolutely nothing to kill 2 lucario

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Currently still playing through Final Fantasy V Advance (Which you can check out here) as well as Persona 4, and Animal Crossing New Leaf, because Im not totally addicted to it.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
1 year after it died, I finally replaced my dead PS3 with a new one today. As such, I'm currently playing Project Diva F and F 2nd (I almost forgot what its like playing it with a controller), Mortal Kombat 9 (I was 100 hours away from getting its platinum), and for the first time in what seemed like years (but wasn't because of GHArcade), Guitar Hero 3.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
What I should be playing is the whole ****ing Legacy of Kain series I bought and haven't completely finished (except Blood Omen, but I got that through...means. :4morton:)

What I am playing is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, TF2, and Hotline Miami. Because hurting people is fun.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Lesee...Smash 4...Fire Emblem: Awakening...Pokemon Omega Ruby...Smash 4...Punch-Out...Metroid Prime Trilogy...Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix...Smash 4...Crash 2...Smash 4...Mega Man 10...Smash 4...Smash 4...SMASH 4...

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Currently playing Armored Core: Master of Arena. It's a PS1 game but I'm playing it on my Playstation 2.

I'm also playing COD: Advanced Warfare in the evenings to get my on-line gaming fix although I wish I had a good Armored Core game to play on-line. Maybe a new AC on the PS4 that plays like this.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Currently
  • Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U
  • Super Smash Bros. (64)
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue
  • Tomodachi Life
I haven't been able to make as much progress wth most of them due to being busy. I might squeeze in some play time during Spring Break.

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Melee, Smash 4 and Initial D Arcade Stage 8 Infinity. It's been so long since the last time I got into the competitive scene for this arcade series since Arcade Stage 3. It also doesn't help with me being broke all the time since I live walking distance to the arcade that has this game.

Last edited:

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
Smash 4 of course. I just finished Majora's Mask 3D which was amazing. I'm working through Binding of Issac right now on my PS4. Holy hell is it brutal.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I finally downloaded Project M 3.5 yesterday so that's what I'm playing. The menus look much slicker than they did in version 3.0.

I'm thinking that I don't like Sm4sh so much because it feels so defensive when compared to Project M. For Glory 1-on-1 on-line is a chore to play because all that anyone does is counter attack which makes the game feel very slow. In my humble opinion, Nintendo needs to make some dramatic changes like nerfing rolls when the MewTwo DLC is released.

JaegerFish

Smash Rookie
My Project M practice for upcoming tournaments has been severely detracted because of my recent addiction to Fire Emblem Awakening. I borrowed it from my friend because I wanted to know where some of my favorite Smash characters came from and I figured I would just play through it, but now I find myself playing it almost too much. It is such a good game, but now I'm excited for the new one so hopefully it doesn't take too long to get to North America.

Top Bottom