• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What enemies would you like to face in the story mode?

army man

Smash Ace
unlocking skins is an idea, but as for bosses.....i see many possibilities for zelda, kirby, mario, so many bosses, just pick one(well, smartly, not a F****** generic boss, plz no...). but also keep in mind the fact that on one version of the game they're focusing more on multiplayer, and the other on singleplayer

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I would like to see just more enemies from the various game series shy guy's, waddle dee's , krocodiles, tiki's, octorocks, etc... less shadow things more enemies from the games it would be a lot more fun if they kept everything confined to the games that are represented I think.

I would also like to see the implementing of main villains as bosses in the game Demise, Mother Brain, Dark Samus, Omega Metroid, King K. Rool (possible multiple variations of him) , Tiki Tong, Bowser, Dry Bones Bowser, Giga Bowser. Not all of these are needed obviously but it would be cool to see a lot of big villains make appendices in the new Smash Bros as bosses. Ideally I would like to see something where all the villains are working together or under the control of a bigger force not necessarily Taboo but someone or something that brings it all together under once story.

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
I say they bring back Hookbill Koopa as a boss. What was his last appearance again? Yoshi's Island? Tetris Attack?

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Assorted enemies from each big series, the small enemies atleast. Along with smash original (generic enemies)
I had also thought that some bosses could unlock characters or assist troiphies. Similar to Duon with Game and Watch. For example: Ridley is a boss but once he's beaten he is resized or soemthing. I guess boss rush would make less sense, but hey there are sword users fighting space cadets!
For bosses I was thinking...
Mario:
Petey Piranha
King Boo
Flying Ship (Unlock the stage?)

DK:
Tiki Tong
King K. Rool

Metroid:
Kraid
Mother Brain
Ridley?

Starfox:
Andross

Earthbound:
Gygas (maybe not...)

Just a few that don't spoil too much. (Xenoblade)
I had also thought that soem bosses could unlock characters or assist troiphies. Similar to Duon with Game and Watch. For example: Ridley is a boss but once he's beaten he is resized or soemthing. I guess boss rush would make less sense, but hey there are sword users fighting space cadets!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

If I can't play as him, I at least want proper respect made for him- Enemy or something!

/tyrant orders

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't know about the rest of you, but I would love to fight some Metroids, Space Pirates, and BIG FIRE-BREATHING PARA TROOPAS! :laugh:
If Snake stays, maybe some Gekkos? They would make for interesting enemies.
Yeah, they could even have specific weak points (the head, certain parts of the legs, etc). I would love to see some more enemies with actual weak points!

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Tabuu comes back and turns all of the common enemies/ citizens into Subspace versions of themselves. There is only one hero, you Mii. You go throughout each world rescuing each Smasher, and freeing each world from the Subspace. After freeing a character, they join you. But only a Mii can free their soul, so you need a Mii in te group.

:phone:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Tabuu comes back and turns all of the common enemies/ citizens into Subspace versions of themselves. There is only one hero, you Mii. You go throughout each world rescuing each Smasher, and freeing each world from the Subspace. After freeing a character, they join you. But only a Mii can free their soul, so you need a Mii in te group.

:phone:
i half like that idea except it would be better if it wasnt the Mii tho. it's not that i'm against the Mii's but i just would rather play around with the characters themselves instead of the Mii's.

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
Right now, I though of Darknuts as the most powerful regular enemies in the game. They start off as a mini boss & then appear towards the later parts of the game as regular enemies ranging from groups of 2-5. Both, Bulbins & Bokoblins should appear with Bulbins riding Bulbos & Elite Bokoblins possessing a Monster Horn a special attribute.

Bosses? The only one which I can think is Phantom Ganon. Phantom Ganon hovers around the stage & can dodge every attack you make as he rather flies around before attack or teleport somewhere else. To defeat the boss, he must use an energy ball attack & the player must punch, kick or slash at the ball, resulting in a ping-pong match. Once Phantom Ganon is hit, you can temporarily have the chance of attacking, as he takes a lot of damage once he is hit. The rest of the moves i'll think off later.

Thanks ;)!!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
a nice boss battle would be against Ganon, first phase being the playable Ganondorf and then, once defeated, he would transform into his beastly form, becoming a boss like Master Hand using a lifebar and no flinching.

personally, I'd like having Ganondorf as the main antagonist of the story, because it fits him well.

other enemies could include:

[COLLAPSE="Enemies and bosses"]From the Mario series:
Bowser's Koopa Troop
Fawful from Mario & Luigi
The X-Nauts from Paper Mario
Add Count Bleck and Dimentio as well.

From DK series:
K. Rool's Kremlings
The Tikis from DKC Returns

From Zelda:
Ganon's minions and include other major Zelda villains such as Majora, Vaati, Zant and Ghirahim.

From Metroid:
Space Pirates, with bosses being the likes of Ridley, Kraid and Mother Brain.
Include enemies and bosses from the Prime series too, like Metroid Prime / Dark Samus.

From Kid Icarus:
Underworld forces from Kid Icarus, including bosses such as Twinbellows, Hewdraw, Pandora, Medusa and Hades. And it would be nice to include stuff from the second game, the Aurum and the Chaos Kin from Uprising.

From Fire Emblem:
Include red generic soldiers with several classes like Berserkers, Halberdiers, Mages, Generals... and all that. Include beasts from Gaiden and Sacred Stones too. As for bosses... Medeus, Nergal, Black Knight, Deghinsea and Ashera are good ones.

From Pokémon:
Pokémon belonging to a villainous team: personally, I'd like to see Teams Rocket and Plasma. Bosses like legendary Pokémon would be nice and don't forget Ghetsis and his Hydreigon. Cipher from Colosseum and XD would be a nice addition.

Of course, special mentions go to EarthBound and Ice Climber enemies too.
[/COLLAPSE]

of course, with the exception of Dark Samus, dark versions of characters would play like the original, preferably against the original character for a mirror match.

DakotaBonez said:
Dark versions of all the characters. Like in the Subspace Emissary when the shadow bugs did their evil cloning thing. And then when you beat them you unlock the dark skin.
like this post mentioned, we could unlock these alternate versions as playable upon defeating these. characters like Dark Link, Dark Pit and Blood Falcon could fall in this category.

also, all bosses from Brawl could return as well.

It would be great if every stage had a boss battle in the end, like what happens in Kid Icarus: Uprising. would make the Boss Rush mode more challenging in harder difficulties.

like in Brawl, use boss themes from the original games.

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
a nice boss battle would be against Ganon, first phase being the playable Ganondorf and then, once defeated, he would transform into his beastly form, becoming a boss like Master Hand using a lifebar and no flinching.

personally, I'd like having Ganondorf as the main antagonist of the story, because it fits him well.

other enemies could include:

[COLLAPSE="Enemies and bosses"]From the Mario series:
Bowser's Koopa Troop
Fawful from Mario & Luigi
The X-Nauts from Paper Mario
Add Count Bleck and Dimentio as well.

From DK series:
K. Rool's Kremlings
The Tikis from DKC Returns

From Zelda:
Ganon's minions and include other major Zelda villains such as Majora, Vaati, Zant and Ghirahim.

From Metroid:
Space Pirates, with bosses being the likes of Ridley, Kraid and Mother Brain.
Include enemies and bosses from the Prime series too, like Metroid Prime / Dark Samus.

From Kid Icarus:
Underworld forces from Kid Icarus, including bosses such as Twinbellows, Hewdraw, Pandora, Medusa and Hades. And it would be nice to include stuff from the second game, the Aurum and the Chaos Kin from Uprising.

From Fire Emblem:
Include red generic soldiers with several classes like Berserkers, Halberdiers, Mages, Generals... and all that. Include beasts from Gaiden and Sacred Stones too. As for bosses... Medeus, Nergal, Black Knight, Deghinsea and Ashera are good ones.

From Pokémon:
Pokémon belonging to a villainous team: personally, I'd like to see Teams Rocket and Plasma. Bosses like legendary Pokémon would be nice and don't forget Ghetsis and his Hydreigon. Cipher from Colosseum and XD would be a nice addition.

Of course, special mentions go to EarthBound and Ice Climber enemies too.
[/COLLAPSE]

of course, with the exception of Dark Samus, dark versions of characters would play like the original, preferably against the original character for a mirror match.

like this post mentioned, we could unlock these alternate versions as playable upon defeating these. characters like Dark Link, Dark Pit and Blood Falcon could fall in this category.

also, all bosses from Brawl could return as well.

It would be great if every stage had a boss battle in the end, like what happens in Kid Icarus: Uprising. would make the Boss Rush mode more challenging in harder difficulties.

like in Brawl, use boss themes from the original games.

Nice idea! Dark Beast Ganon can be both a Final Smash & a special boss in Adventure mode (Inspired by Super Smash Bros. Global Apocalypse). But I like Phantom Ganon better off as a Story mode boss. I mean, I want him to be a important boss (He was entirely useless in Twilight Princess) & I want the Dead Man's Volley (Ping-Pong) to be featured in the game, inspired by The Wind Waker & Ocarina of Time.

I was thinking of a Boss Gauntlet mode where you travel upto 50 rooms & battling enemies which become harder & harder as you progress, just like Twilight Princess's Cave of Ordeals. A Boss Battle mode can be playabe as you fight a boss which you choose with any character & the Boss Gauntlet mode where you fight All bosses featured in the game in a random order except for the last boss which will be featured at the end of the gauntlet.

Thanks

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
i half like that idea except it would be better if it wasnt the Mii tho. it's not that i'm against the Mii's but i just would rather play around with the characters themselves instead of the Mii's.
No, the Mii is your first character. Until you un-Subspace the first Smasher (most likely Kirby, Pit or Mario)

LosTimeTurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lostimeturner
for like sonic part of story mode
Trooper: swat bots
Boss: Eggman controlling one of his machines

for kirby
troopers: the minnions
Boss: king dedede himself character

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
Raticate and Rattata

The little annoying guys that are only there to piss you off and swarm you from every corner. I think they'd be good for starting enemies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Raticate and Rattata

The little annoying guys that are only there to piss you off and swarm you from every corner. I think they'd be good for starting enemies.
Nobody's more annoying than the infamous Zubats, expecially since 20-30% of every Pokemon world map is a cave/mountain region. :awesome:

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
Nobody's more annoying than the infamous Zubats, expecially since 20-30% of every Pokemon world map is a cave/mountain region. :awesome:
Lol totally forgot about those :p While I can't imagine them being as fast, they can fly so having a bunch of them on screen at once all the time should work.

Anyways, I still stand by my rats...

Bats and Rats... Just throw 'em all in!

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I say they bring back Hookbill Koopa as a boss. What was his last appearance again? Yoshi's Island? Tetris Attack?
Honestly I don't miss him, expecially after meeting this guy:

Don't let yourself fooled by his politeness and his crazy glasses. The dude IMHO is much harder than Hookbill The Koopa.
Someone I'd really like to meet again thought, are these guys:

TEENAGE MUTANT KOOPA BROTHERS, TEENAGE MUTANT KOOPA BROTHERS...

Or these guys:

GO GO AXEM RANGERS....

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Zubat's got nothing on Golbat in terms of annoying. I'd say they account for more confused pokemon in my game than all other pokemon in the game combined. Especially when you're training pokemon in Victory Road.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman

I think King Bomb-Omb could be an interesting enemy, bomb-ombs are already in the game so he can throw those around for you to dodge. When he's weakened you go in to grab and throw him off the stage.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Pokemon - Arceus, the Regis
Zelda - Any main villain that does'nt make it as an assist trophy or playable character.
Sonic - Eggman if he doesnt make it as an AT or PC. Or Chaos.
Mario - Bouldergeist from Super Mario Galaxy, Fawful
Metroid - Metroid Prime, Mother Brain
Mother 3 - Negative Man

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
King Bomb-Omb is a good idea, but even Mouser is not bad

He is one classic opponent.
I think the best is having both of them.

AzureJon

Smash Rookie
I'd like to see a Kirby final boss as the grand master baddie. Maybe Dark Matter or SPOILER Magalor? Subspace and Kirby games are already similar enough.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I'd like to see a Kirby final boss as the grand master baddie. Maybe Dark Matter or SPOILER Magalor? Subspace and Kirby games are already similar enough.

That sentence presumes the assumption that the new story mode will be like Subspace Emissary. But the probabilities of that are inferior than 50% and I will explain why:
SSB64 had no adventure mode at all
SSBMelee was the first t have an adventure mode
SSBBrawl has a story mode totally different in plot and mechanic to Melee's Adventure mode.
So, we don't know how the new story/adventure mode will be like, but, due to the curve of evolution in the previous games, assuming it will be 90% like Subspace Emissary is plain silly.

D

Deleted member

We all saw Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Bullet Bills and Hammer Bros in Subspace Emissary. In it's successor, I want to see Legend of Zelda enemies. We saw Octoroks, ReDeads and Like Likes in Melee. I want to see Stalfos, Floormasters, Lizardfos, Moblins, Skulltulas, Helmasaur, Deku Baba, Beamos, Peahats, Armos, Poes, Keese and Darknuts. Gohma will be one of the potential bosses.

Projected Main for Super Smash Bros 4: :sheik:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why ya know? We got a buncha franchises, with A BUNCHA enemies to choose from. Koopas, Goombas, Shy Guys, Re-Deads, the list goes on. We need better bosses and ATs as well. Medusa, Black Knight, King Boo, Pokemon Trainer N, Dark Samus ect. They would all make good bosses.

Just silly to make stupid nothing characters when we have so much to choose from!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyone basically. The problem with Brawl's enemies is that it didn't feel like a big Nintendo crossover adventure. It felt like Nintendo characters (plus snake and sonic) in some unfamiliar platformer game. Only Mario enemies appeared and Petey Piranha and Rayquaza did't act or fight like themselves. The Ridley battles, especiall the Meta Ridley one, however really captured both the original spirit of the boss and the crossover element.

vicgur

Smash Ace
One thing that sucked about the enemies in Brawl was the lack of any representation that was not from Mario.
I want ReDeads, Gibdos, Octoroks, Like Likes, Stalfos, Lizalfos, Kremlings, Zingers, Tiki Goons, Metroids, Space Pirates, Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, Wild Pokémon, Villainous Teams' Grunts' Pokémon, Generic Enemy Troops from Fire Emblem, Eggplant Wizards, Reapers, Reapettes, Genome Soldiers, Topis, Polar Bears, Shy Guys, Runaway Dogs[or whatever there is in the Mother Franchise], Eggman's Robots, Bulborbs...
I think you got my point.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So true. What's worse is that there was several points that game enemies would've made perfect sense.

Kid Icarus enemies in the Sky levels, Kirby Enemies when Mario and crew are chasing DDD, Metroid enemies on the Island of the ancients (Hey, Ridley was there.), Zelda enemies throughout th whole thing considering how deep Ganondorf was in it and some Pigmasks in the Ruined Zoo (Though the Porky chase and fight were awesome)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
plus, all the enemies were god awful ugly, and no one liked them. Smash is about HYPEPZOMGZOMG. Add koopas and whatnot and ill pee myself. No joke. Medusa as a boss? I'll die. You hear me Sakurai?

Top Bottom