• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does it take unbeatable in smash tournament?

Skycry

Smash Rookie
By unbeatable I mean you never lose a stock in any tournament and that you can overwhelm your opponent all the way
What techniques do you have to be perfect? how can you predict many steps ahead? how do you adapt quickly? obviously I'm not saying that I want to dominate the 5 Gods this week or this year, but at least dominate in my local tournament then progress through.

I'm prolly going to main Fox since he has the best mobility (I like extremely fast characters) and my pockets are Marth and Shiek (and probably peach <----maybe not)

I've never been so serious in my life, this is something I would give my life to so please no ****posting or any of that. do whatever you can to get me to the information, you can link me to posts, guides, videos, blogs etc

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
I'm gonna say this - Dedicate yourself. The gods have trained for so long and so much that they have made a living out of it. If you just want to dominate your local, practice. Other than that, play real people.

And one of the biggest hurdle my friends have is L-Cancelling and Wavedashing. If your L-Cancel rate isn't over 85%, and you can barely do a wavedash in a controlled environment, don't expect to get far.

Last edited:
Not being delusional. You seem to expect too much. You so suddenly have such a strong motivation to become so unbeatable at locals that you'd never lose stocks ever at one. Do you know how much you're asking for?

Where is your commitment in return to get as close as you can to it? You can't just ask people to give you the right info. What are you going to do with any knowledge that anyone gives you?

All techniques need to be perfect. Consciously analyzing patterns and observing behaviors helps you predict actions. The 3rd and 2nd questions are really similar

Do whatever you can to find the info on your own. You want you to be good. You work for it

Skycry

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna say this - Dedicate yourself. The gods have trained for so long and so much that they have made a living out of it. If you just want to dominate your local, practice. Other than that, play real people.

And one of the biggest hurdle my friends have is L-Cancelling and Wavedashing. If your L-Cancel rate isn't over 85%, and you can barely do a wavedash in a controlled environment, don't expect to get far.
my l cancel rate is 100%, and what do you mean by controlled environment?

Skycry

Smash Rookie
Not being delusional. You seem to expect too much. You so suddenly have such a strong motivation to become so unbeatable at locals that you'd never lose stocks ever at one. Do you know how much you're asking for?
like i said, I don't want to just start beating top players without losing one stock, I'll start at my local tournament then progress through. I live in windsor ON, it's a really small city so i don't expect to see anyone that's crazily skilled
this is my local tournament's channel. if you want to get an idea of the skill level of the players in my area
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWeIw7-JlK1WFF45v0aL5SQ
its kappa gaming center

Last edited:
my l cancel rate is 100%, and what do you mean by controlled environment?
Have you tested this with the 20XX hack pack. Have you enabled the missed L cancel flash red code and never saw your character flash red? A controlled environment is training mode, basically, or vs a CPU

like i said, I don't want to just start beating top players without losing one stock, I'll start at my local tournament then progress through. I live in windsor ON, it's a really small city so i don't expect to see anyone that's crazily skilled
this is my local tournament's channel. if you want to get an idea of the skill level of the players in my area
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWeIw7-JlK1WFF45v0aL5SQ
its kappa gaming center
I forgot to mention that you have a lot of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_bias in your original post. You still seem to have it here. Don't expect to become best in your city when others are fighting to do the exact same thing too. They also have their own previous experience against yours

Also, if you want to improve fast, you'll need to fight against good players. Living it a bad region could give you an opportunity to be 1 of the best there, but you'll get demolished in a better region

Nice motivation though. Use it to work yourself in whatever training methods might be best for you. How much work are you doing now to get better?

Last edited:

Skycry

Smash Rookie
Have you tested this with the 20XX hack pack. Have you enabled the missed L cancel flash red code and never saw your character flash red? A controlled environment is training mode, basically, or vs a CPU
all i need to do is after the match finishes, i look at my l-cancel %rate

Skycry

Smash Rookie
Nice motivation though. Use it to work yourself in whatever training methods might be best for you. How much work are you doing now to get better?
i usually spend 1 hour per sitting and just practice fox techniques against lvl 1/4 fox

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
You won't be great until you change your attitude. You do not have a 100% l-cancel rate. I know this because you don't even have the best tools to test this, you don't have players that are putting huge pressure on you and forcing mistakes, and in general you are new. Even the melee gods miss l-cancels.

If you want to become great, step one would be to identify your problem areas. I guarantee you that your tech isn't half as good as you think it is, and if you played against a competent competitive player your tech will just melt away under the pressure.

I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm just saying it like it is. It's up to you to step up and realize this now, or to be plagued by it until you realize it yourself.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Get good by figuring out how to get good on your own. Play the people in your area, challenge yourself to beat them, ask yourself questions if you aren't winning and try solving them yourself before turning towards others.

Part of the fun of being good in this game is working towards it yourself, and none of the specifics people can give will help you unless you reach a certain level yourself.

Top Bottom