• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you wish returned from N64 version or Melee?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
All old stages.. they don't need to have updated graphics, I just want them back =P

And Dr. Mario. I wasn't a huge fan of him, but now, surprisngly, I want him back. Odd, huh? I didn't expect that myself, but all the sudden I miss the character. Oh yeah, and Roy and Mewtwo..... and Pichu. =P

ChrisG683

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChrisG683
N64 Announcer
N64 C.Falcon Voice Actor
N64 C.Falcon Forward Smash
Melee Dr. Mario, pills > fireball

The announcer gets worse every game :(

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
-Hyrule Castle

Melee
-Fourside (I love the Mother series)
-Roy (Fire Emblem is one of my favorite series)

Hand of Pain

Smash Rookie
I want Mewtwo back!

I don't care if they put him in as he was. How could they remove such a legendary icon!

ok.... I'm not actually that angry, but seriously he should be in. All they had to do was upgrade the graphics at the least.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
-Fountain of Dreams
-Classic Mushroom Kingdom (N64)
-SUBCON (why has nobody mentioned the disturbing lack of SMB2 love?)
-The red shell (the ONLY item not returning from Melee? WTF?! (someone tell me if it is actually back, I have yet to see it))
- Saffron City remade with new pokeymans
- Peach's Castle (Melee)
- Mewtwo, but ONLY if they made him not completely suck
- Jungle Japes (I think that was the name - the DK stage from N64)

I actually could live without Hyrule Castle. It can be replicated fairly well with Stage Builder. So could Saffron City actually, minus the pokeymans

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
-Saffron City
-Board the Platforms
-The fact there was no clones

Melee
-Mewtwo, why did he leave :,(
-Lottery
-Race to the Finish
-The old Adventure Mode (would still have SSE, just have the old Adventure mode too)

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Smash 64:
-Peach's Castle
-Saffron City
-Hyrule Castle
-Board the Platforms
-Old Race to the Finish

Melee:
-Mewtwo (Why cut an *original* character >.>)
-Fountain of Dreams
-Um... Wow, heh, I thought I'd miss more from Melee but I really don't :p Meh what the hell, Brinstar Depths (It was unique, ok? :psycho:)

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Board the Platforms.

Looks like I'll be remaking 64 stages on Stage Builder, though they won't look as cool or have the same hazards.

EDIT: And Mewtwo.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Junk from 64
------------------------

Hyrule Castle
Saffron City
Mushroom Kingdom
Master Hand's theme
Metal Mario's theme
Board the Platforms

Junk from Melee
------------------------

Mewtwo
Fourside
Fountain of Dreams
PokeFloats
Subcon
Grab the Trophies

Oh well, there's really no point in just complaining about this. I'm happy with what Brawl has to offer and there was always going to be a chance that quite a few things from previous Smash games wouldn't come back... after all, Smash is a constantly evolving entity as we can now fully conclude, which means sacrifices must be made for the series to achieve true greatness. Or something like that, anyway.

EDIT: I previously mentioned that all the Melee music returned, but upon later examination it seems that Fourside of all things is missing... that's a bit of a shame since I kinda liked Fourside's music... :urg:

Zevox

Smash Lord
64: Saffron City, Mushroom Kingdom, Captain Falcon's moveset.
Melee: Mewtwo, Fourside, Kongo Jungle, DK Rap*.
Both: Character-specific target test mode.

*I was actually hoping for the original version from DK 64 - sounds much better than the Melee remix.

Oh well, all the new things in Brawl more than make up for those losses.

Zevox

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The two announcers (64's > Brawl's > Melee's) as a option, MEWTWO :crying: , MEWTWO, MEWTWO, MEWTWO, MEWTWO, MEWTWO, MEWTWO, MEWTWO. Seriously, if he's not in SSB4, I'm NOY BUYING IT! Mewtwo sucked in Melee, and we never played "the real" Mewtwo. The real Mewtwo is TOP TIER! He f***ing ***** people with his psychic powers, uses psychic powers not physical strength, weights 269 lbs and not less then Young Link (he should have been only outweighted by Bowser, and maybe Ganondorf), has mad range, but not much damage, and doesn't use confusion.

MEWTWO! My most desired character for Melee (after Diddy Kong, and shortly followed by Wario), WHY DID SAKURAI ABANDON YOU!?!?!? :crying: I feel inspired to kick someone's arse as the bottom tier in Melee all of a sudden. Seriously though, HERE'S THE LIST:

-Both announcers from smash 64 and Melee (especially Smash 64) as options

-All languages (Mewtwo's Japanese voice actor is **** in voice form in Melee! (his English voice actor sucks Donkey CRACK! :))

-All stages. Including the Metal Mario stage, and retro versions of Battlefield, Final Destination, and so on, but without glitchiness and whatnot.

-All items. EVERY SINGLE ITEM!

-All Pokéball Pokémon. I miss my favorite Pokémon of all-time's cameo appearance in Blastoise. :(

-All Melee trophies.

-All songs, remixed AND in classic form. (We got that for EVERY Melee song; smash 64 would be a nice touch! :)).

-All playable characters that aren't plumbers with a fake PH.D, and got sent to prison for 5 years for being a fake doctor. Especially Mewtwo. Then Roy. Then Pichu, and you all SHALL CRY! MWYHAHAHAHA!

-Link's Melee (arrogantly awsome) taunt, instead of a gay fairy.

-Fox's smash 64 taunt.

-Everyone's old voice actors as options. So Ness doesn't sound like a girl (he's voiced by a man in smash 64, and a women in Melee and Brawl! o_O), Captain Falcon can be manly version 1 or manly version 2, Mario can sound crazy, we can get Luigi's horrible voice back (it's hilarious, but his new one is TOP TIER!), and so on. O, and Mewtwo's voice from the old Pokémon: The First Movie. That voice actor was EPICzzz! :)

Seriously, the more stuff from smash 64 and Melee that return, THE BETTER! Bring stuff back that will make us SMILE vai downloadable content! A hell of a lot of people (myself included) would be EXTREMELY HAPPY if randomly Mewtwo was a downloadable content character, we got smash 64 characters, all the old Pokéball Pokémon back (including the Saffron City ones as Pokéball Pokémon as well), and so on. That'd be extremely EPIC! That'd make Brawl go from the best game ever (if it lives up to the hype, balance, and gameplay, which from what I've seen it DOES! :)) to the best game ever, PERIOD! Maybe I'll throw in the 16 "Smashing...Live" songs in, just to add to the too epic already :)

Old, classic, and LEGENDARY smash stuff from smash 64 and Melee (words can't describe how great they are) in a "new game", a revolutionary new game (that words can't describe it's awsomeness) that is almost like a new series FTW! :)

Evil Yoshi 85

Smash Cadet
Fountain of Dreams (at least the music is in though. :) )
Peach's Castle (Melee)
Hyrule Castle (N64)
Board the Platforms

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
N64:
saffron city
Board the platforms
all pokemon
mushroom kingdom
Race to the finish
Melee:
Break the targets
Mewtwo
Lottery
Grab the trophys

Chepe

Smash Lord
Im probably alone, but the Parasol item... it was fun floating down with everyone...

pirkid

Smash Lord
Board Teh Flat Glowing Platforms

And I want Peach's Castle 64 back too. I love that stage. >.<

Powershielding. And Saffron's City. That's about it. XD

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
-Board The Platforms
-Saffron City
-Race To The Finish

Melee
-Mewtwo
-Race To The Finish
-L-Canceling
-Separate Target Tests for each Character
-Lottery

That's pretty much it.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Everything. What's the point in removing things? (Not including balancing, becaus you could still balance it.)

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Just fast falling from Melee, I always liked the laser spam approach with Falco.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Why do people want the Melee lottery back? The replacement for it is SO MUCH BETTER

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
T-All items. EVERY SINGLE ITEM!
As far as I know we got every single item except the red shell (wtf @ that being gone)

-All Pokéball Pokémon. I miss my favorite Pokémon of all-time's cameo appearance in Blastoise. :(
Please tell me they didn't remove Blastoise, Venusaur, and/or Charizard :(

-All songs, remixed AND in classic form. (We got that for EVERY Melee song; smash 64 would be a nice touch! :)).
We did? I didn't see the SMB2 music in the list.

Overall.... calm the hell down boy!

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Analog Controls. Screw the Wiimote, give me my light shield back D:
L-canceling. It was in 64 and melee, how dare you remove it!
Halo announcer guy. Wrong game, but his voice rocks my socks.
Falcon's knee. *cry*
Bomb jumping. *mourn*
Perfect Control.... maybe sooner or later XD

The reason we only have 5 target test stages is because we overused action replay to allow characters to get on other character's target test stages. Now we can access all of the target test stages with all of the characters. Are you happy now?

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
-- Mewtwo
-- One of the Mushroom Kingdom stages
-- Board the Platforms
-- All the past music (not having the original World 1-1 music stinks, even if we get several remixes; also, I miss the Dream Land 64 music, because the metal Gourmet Race just isn't the same)

Top Bottom