• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think of aerial throws?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Ok so now that brawl is out I thought I'd rekindle this thread and see what people think about if it had been added. Personally I think with all the new movement mechanics they added this could have definitely taken the game to a whole new lvl of greatness. It could have definitely been tweaked to balance it out, I mean really they pulled out some things I don't think any of us expected to improve aerial combat. This could of been the kicker to make it as important as ground tactics.
why did you necro YOUR OWN THREAD.

That is not cool.

Just make another!

The Sìrén

Smash Cadet
Myyy goodnesss, there would be so many more suicide gimping off the edge,

They would have to increase the standard match length from 8 mins to like 12, and probably change the standard stock from 3 to 4 or 5. lol.

That would add some interesting elements to the game though...hmm.

Good idea.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Interesting idea. Some characters, in a way, already have this kind of thing. I'm talking about Zair. At the moment, Zair only hits them away. The only thing that would need to be changed is the Zair would have to behave exactly like the grab.

I can see this being abused way to much though. What they could do is just have a decent amount of lag after the mid air grab, this way it can be punnished by a normal aerial if spaced well. So it would be like, Character one uses Fair, Character two airdoges the Fair then Air Grabs. Or Character one baits the air grab and punnishes accordingly.

Yeah I spose it could work.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
The idea of aerial COUNTERS would be cool, but a whole new set of throws would be too much.

hat!

Smash Apprentice
It would take away what makes bowser super awesome if everyone had aerial grabs.
Though it would be interesting. How would it work out?
Any possibilities for an IC aerial infinite? lol

BAMF

Smash Cadet
Well how many people in real life have you ever seen double jump, or make fire balls or summon bombs or anything you've ever seen in a video game?

Project D

Smash Journeyman
double jump - people that do Parkour (well not quite, they do wall jumps though)
fireballs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkjNz44xCS8&feature=related
and not sure aobut bombs...buts you can make a similar thing from assasin's creed (hidden blades)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XZWi7dRxws&feature=channel

ah off topic: leave smash the way it is, just adding the aerial throws will just make it more complicated, althoguh it may set up for combos, people will jsut be likely to spam it till their opponents are at 100+% while you may still be on zero cause you kept grabbing them to death.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I think it would be a good idea but it would have to be executed in the correct manner. Like when you air grab it would be an instant throw so you can suicide with it, and maybe the direction of your DI will influence the way you throw your opponent when you grab them. But all air d-throws should be easily meteor canceled with a jump or Up-b. It would give an extra option other than attack or dodge. Also if they dont space an attack correctly then maybe grab armor may take effect and allow you to air b-throw them to turn the tables and edge guard them.

UncleSam

Smash Master
It ruins Zair...

EDIT: Project D those vids are awesome I might try out the fireball

Top Bottom