• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you say when you Dsmash someone and they hold down, thus recieve 50-80 damage

Me14k

Smash Lord
once in a while, I D Smash someone and they hold down, so thy get tons of damage(50-80). What should i tell the person whenthey start complaining?

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
"WTF was that?!? How stupid can you get?!?"

...that's usually what I say...

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
to people who dont really know what just happened i say: try holding down next time

yungunr2

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2852-8390-1766
tell them to live with it, all your doing is using a move to your advantage. or tell them not to cc when your peach.

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
I usually don't say anything at all. Though I can be liberal at times with the dsmash, I almost want to cry when they rack up that much damage because I pity their foolishness of falling for yet another one. I also feel like a jerk if I say much of anything, so I pretty much keep quiet unless the complaining starts getting really bad.
If that happens, I tell them we can swap characters the next fight, (as in, they'd be Peach and I would be who they were using) in order to demonstrate the point that it is quite possible to avoid such a tragedy in a fight. And, if I somehow mess up and they do get me during the demonstration out of a stroke of luck, I just say they got me, smile, and shrug it off.

Smash Master
I laugh inside my head because I myself crouch cancel almost every downsmash. I can't help it. I don't have a different muscle memory specifically programmed to fighting a Peach.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Laugh. A lot. ^_^

Not really, but I always get a nice smile from it. If I'm teaching someone, I find I say "What did I tell you?" or "Care to hold down again?"

Mr.C

Smash Master
you should say something on the line

of "wow lol peach takes no skill "

cause tahts 100% true

Mr.C

Smash Master
you know jake smiles told me that once and I said mm me peach vs your fox and lets see how hard it is for a fox to beat peach....

3 stock both matchs from teh mr.c goodgame.

and alot of the time it has nothing to do with holding down, if the peach can space her dsmash while a fox is coming in with a nair/diar fox can easily take 30% at low percents with proper Di and if u accidently forget to tech its another 30%

Id money match every Peach player in Texas to a "you pick fox and try to beat me peach mm" I wuoldnt lose. lol

PeachFx

Smash Rookie
I just smile, cause they pretty much smack themselves after seeing it.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Usually either:

1. You really need to stop that.
2. Put down controller and stare
3. or my favourite "This is why peach counters falco" (he's always holding down due to trying to shine and dtilt me)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Haha oh ya, I usually say either "Uh oh, somebody CC'd!" while loling a bit. Or I just go "Owwww." XD

Sepph

Smash Rookie
I usually say "That's why I love Peach" or "Stop getting tangled in her dress!!" and taunt if they are sent flying too far.

"<insert name of character that just got *****> milkshake!"

>_> mmmm nahm nahm nahm
I started saying this one too XD soooo funny!!

Ba1100n_Drag0n

Smash Apprentice
I just say "Owninated," or laugh out loud. Hard.

And one time, the same thing happened. I don't know what, but I was playing with three of my friends: one Fox, one pair of Ice Climbers, and a Marth.

And guess what happened?

I got caught in the middle of everything; everyone charged right at me. That's what I deserve for starting at the middle of Final Destination.

So I absently hit Down + A...
And miracles do happen. The game lagged slightly, and all you can see are Green Spikes, and everyone (except me) busting out with a sudden 70-90%. And Nana dies. Funny.

Top Bottom