• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you hate dying from?

TheVoc

Smash Rookie
Okay, I'm in Classic Mode with Shulk and I'm fighting Master+Crazy Hand. Racked up a TON of damage on them but lost one stock already. MH uses the cards that he throws on the stage and they gradually rise up to the blast zones. I hit him with a F-air and land on the ledge. All of a sudden he places a card right on the ledge. Clips me off and before I know it I'm too far down to recover.

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
not pertaining to fighting others but master core is such an a%$

JFyst

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-1491-9293
SD deaths are the worst. As sonic side b to death makes me feel shame.

Desjah Rei

Smash Rookie
I despise dying to my Amiibo. It feels like I'm raising a demon. An incredible challenge if I do say so myself!

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
Basically dying to my own stupidity and jolt-haymakering off of the side of the stage with Little Mac.:joyful:

ZelDan

Smash Master
-when an enemy (or enemies in the case of team battles) has an OP item spawn near them in classic
-when crazy hand does that move where he smashes you into the ground, at the same time master hand does that card move
-when I poorly time the dodge/shield for that shockwave move master giant does
-when I die from a counter move from an enemy in classic while I have pretty low %

I really hate classic mode sometimes.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
A thoroughly f***ed up Farore's Wind teleport thanks to ******** stage walls.

Din's Firing instead of Farore's Winding.

Sephirothkefka

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sephirothkefka
3DS FC
0344-9296-3509
I despise dying to my Amiibo. It feels like I'm raising a demon. An incredible challenge if I do say so myself!
Good God that sounds like hell! :( What is the Amiibo and what is it's level? I'm currently training a Samus who's at Lv. 7 or so because I haven't used her that much.

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
Add when somebody has the hammer item in Smash Tour to the list. I'm not even making this up: I died on the "READY" countdown because I was super sized and the person next to me had a hammer. Man, that mode is awful.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Nothing... and I mean NOTHING is as bad as getting killed by your teammate. In some cases, you can get KOed when team attack is off. Which is even worse.

EDIT: Nevermind. Squadaloo's "getting killed by a hammer when the game said ready" thing takes the cake lol. That sounds hilarious, but if that happened to me, I'd probably rage.

Last edited:

TealPlatypus

Smash Cadet
When I make it to the very last room in Master Fortress and get wombo combo'd by all of the annoying shadow enemies, then hit into the glowing yellow walls of death, and die mere inches from the final heart... *twitch*

PCHU

Smash Lord
Getting killed by the OHKO/ridiculous items or getting killed by the computers because of item spawns.
Computers are already "perfect" and giving them good items to give them that much more of an edge kinda upsets me.
Same goes for MK8 -- I swear, the computers almost always get better items than I do, not to mention when they're in the lead, there's a strange lack of blue shells whereas I can usually expect one or two.

I've grown to dislike CPUs in video games; even PM's Fox and Falco CPUs kinda irritate me, but I like them because it teaches me how to get past tech skill/smash spam without making me jump over the additional hurdle of perfect rolls/shields/freaking counters all over the place.

WhyteMage

Smash Rookie
It has to be gust bellows. I usually play Robin, and if I even hit slightly by it, there I go, my Elwind just failed and I fall and die. Exploding boxes are also horrible demon spawn when I'm messing around with Charizard and Falcon.

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
I die from a lot of bullcrap, referring specifically to some single player modes like Classic. Damn, I swear to god the computers intentionally go for you and nobody else. On 9.0, I believe a four player or whatever match ended up with me (ROB) against Peach and Wario on Pokemon Stadium 2. I was knocked afar by Peach's down smash and noticed as I stayed on the ledge for a bit that the CPUs...were waiting for me. Not even joking, Wario literally moved left then right repeatedly until I came up while Peach just stood there. Wario got me into a grab and pummeled me a few times before beginning to throw me when Peach sent me flying around the last few frames of the animation with a solid forward air to the face. And that was my first round in Classic mode that session and had already immediately lost, along with all my gold and my will to try again.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Gimping the angle of my recover with Rosalina and Pit/Dark Pit. Especially with how I hold the Gamepad, I sometimes go diagonally left instead of straight up.

Desjah Rei

Smash Rookie
Good God that sounds like hell! :( What is the Amiibo and what is it's level? I'm currently training a Samus who's at Lv. 7 or so because I haven't used her that much.
My Amiibo is now level 50. By the time my Peach Amiibo hit 35...she became a whole different breed. Now it's just getting worse and worse as I keep feeding her equipment!!! I suggest raising your Samus Amiibo more, I learned some unique tricks from mine that I had no idea was even possible.

Last edited:

ZDH

Smash Rookie
When you get foot stooled off stage making your recovery now impossible :(

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
When you get killed by the windy thing from legend of zelda (don't know the english name, in french it's "jarre magique" I think). I hate this item.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Dying from the gust jar in classic mode, I hate that Item it's too OP I can now see why items are banned from tournaments because of that item.:glare:

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
I hate dying from very stupid self-destructs. Like, when I jump offstage to do a spike, then press down too hard and go into a fast fall, or realize too late I don't have my second jump for some reason, or when I use a move that sends you downward and miss the stage by an inch, or when I side-B instead of up-B, or when I up-B and tilt the stick too far in one direction and it sends me away from the stage. Those are the worst.

Last edited:

Kriscake

Smash Rookie
It's been said by some of the other users already but I truly hate SD'ing from my recovery move Farore's Wind when using Zelda. I can set up the perfect match and be stringing combos unhit then I go to FW near a ledge and my thumbs have a mind of their own and off I go. Those deaths take a mental toll on me and often I go to almost lose or even throw matches cos of it. Dying to a really good punish smash (Falco Splits, Fox up smash, Marth tipper smash) also ties in with these feelings though... You know what to do to avoid them but you walk into them like an idiot anyway...

Mrkaoz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrkaoz
I hate dying from very stupid self-destructs. Like, when I jump offstage to do a spike, then press down too hard and go into a fast fall, or realize too late I don't have my second jump for some reason, or when I use a move that sends you downward and miss the stage by an inch, or when I side-B instead of up-B, or when I up-B and tilt the stick too far in one direction and it sends me away from the stage. Those are the worst.
Oh man, forgot about that one. That one got me good yesterday.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Surprised no one mentioned footstools yet.

To all the Mac players out there, the feels.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
SD'ing from my own Dair. Sometimes (alot) I get greedy. Most matches I've lost are because of that.

Nargacuga

Smash Rookie
NNID
WiseHorror
3DS FC
4811-7984-6827
Shulk's counter, something about that animation that ticks me the wrong way.
Also, SD with Farore's Wind sliding, it's very frustrating

Last edited:

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I hate dying from dysentery every time I try to ford the river.

I also hate misjudging where I am and using Greninja's down-air off the stage to my death. I did that many times while trying to do the Crazy Orders challenge. It's infuriating when you get to round 7 and then pull that. Also, dying literally within the first second of a Smash Tour battle because of some bull**** like the CPU having a hammer right next to you or hitting you with an instant 100% damage or shrinking you or all of the above. I despise the CPUs in that mode.

Triforce919

Smash Rookie
Definitely by botching Ness' PK Thunder 2, especially right off the bat. This is my sure fire way to begin a very steep uphill battle :).

Sephirothkefka

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sephirothkefka
3DS FC
0344-9296-3509
My Amiibo is now level 50. By the time my Peach Amiibo hit 35...she became a whole different breed. Now it's just getting worse and worse as I keep feeding her equipment!!! I suggest raising your Samus Amiibo more, I learned some unique tricks from mine that I had no idea was even possible.
A Peach amiibo!? Damn...
I will raise mine more ;)

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Items in Classic mode are pretty bull****. Oh look, a hammer spawned by the Villager you're chasing. Sucks to be you.
Is that you charging up an Up Smash? Here's a 'Splody Box for the platform above you.
How about some Galaga. Someone apparently threw one while you were busy fighting off four other guys.

Raijinken

Smash Master
"That should have ledge-snapped" moments are all that really bother me in this particular game.

Lag's also a pain, but most of my play is offline against friends anyway.

Last edited:
Gust Bellows, Master Hand's wind attack, that kind of thing. It might as well be massive knockback if it's going to push my fighter a non-recoverable distance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom