• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you guys do best with Luigi?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'm known for doing misfires around 80% of the time, no joke, however thats in melee, where misfire is ****ing broken as hell, and doing it 3 times in a row rages people so hard, espcially when you call it before you do it ;)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
does that really work? dtilt>?>shoryuken?

TreK

Is "that guy"
it will work if your opponent trips (35% chances if I recall), and you will get punished if he/she doesn't.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'm definitely gonna use it though. People usually shield right after a jab to PS the shoryuken. Now they'll PS the dtilt and get *****.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Me too. I'll report back with it some time soon.

Variable

Smash Ace
Using cyclone after a jab works well too. But if they shield it start sliding back to where you came from. If you keep sliding toward them when they are shielding, they'll just punish you once cyclone is up.

FLSHK

Smash Cadet
It seems my post caused a chain of posts. Anyway, I've not been able to use that trick very well, since I've only tested it on Wi-Fi. However, today, I found another technique. At low percents, if you knock the opponent to the ground (while you're on the ground, too), you can combo into a Cyclone, and that works well. Unfortunately, I don't know if it will work very well in non-hacked Brawl, since I discovered it in Brawl+. The hitstun is higher in Brawl+ than in non-hacked Brawl, so that's why it's dubious.

EDIT: By "that trick" (in the second sentence up there ^^^^), I'm referring to the one I mentioned earlier about using a d-tilt and then the Fire Jump Punch. On a related note, it never ceases to amaze me how, even after two years of Brawl, many battle techniques have yet to be discovered. I'd be willing to be to bet that even after all these years, there are still many, many techniques to discover in Smash 64.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Mindgaming with crouch walking and pivoting really fast so it looks like I'm a tornado. The little pada-pada noise it makes seems to always annoy my opponent and baits them into approaching too.

Variable

Smash Ace
Mindgaming with crouch walking and pivoting really fast so it looks like I'm a tornado. The little pada-pada noise it makes seems to always annoy my opponent and baits them into approaching too.
Aww.. I was expecting you to say you cyclone. Lol.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Lol, I haven't spent enough times in the Luigi boards for the word Tornado to be completely replaced by Cyclone yet.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
well, that better change pretty **** fast.... lol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dtilt to upb is too unreliable to work imo,
however dtilt above 100% causes them to pop up into the air in a wierd little animation (go try it out)

so you can go dtilt to uptilted fsmash as a combo which is pretty good, but only works for gimmick/suprise kill, since the dtilt can be di-ed away.

Variable

Smash Ace
Lol, I haven't spent enough times in the Luigi boards for the word Tornado to be completely replaced by Cyclone yet.
No.. That wasn't the point lol.

I thought you were going to say you cycloned the best. Dispite making an entire thread on it for help lol. It was a joke. But I guess I failed and no body got it.. :ohwell:

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Reading people's emotions. I feel like its really the only thing I excel at.

For example, playing a DDD on RC saturday, I forget what made me notice that he lost his composure and stopped thinking. Maybe he just ran at me with a grab. But it allowed me to get really aggressive for about 10 seconds, I put 50 damage on him and knocked him off of the right side of the boat. But on his recovery he took an extra jump, he just didn't need to, I wasn't pressuring him. That made it really obvious that he was using the time on his recovery to take a breather and regain his composure. Now, I have NO intention of playing a DDD on RC when they're playing smart. So I ran away until he got frustrated with it, which happened to be right after we crossed the first set of donut blocks on the top. Honestly he wasn't a great ddd (any ddd that loses to a luigi on RC can't be), but it's a good example.

My techskill? Garbage. My reads? Average at best. My spacing and general safety? Not so hot.

Apart from my mediocre core game, I feel this makes my Luigi more unique.
Haha, thats just how I feel.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I suck as Luigi, but I'm pretty **** amazing at those up'bs...
I usually get ***** by people, but then sneak in an IMPOSSIBLEOMGWTFLUIGIFORTOPTIER SHORYUKEN!

I wish I could save those replays...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Heads up, weegee is top tier in B-. Shoryuken is fire jump punch everywhere, not just sweetspotted.

yoshq

Smash Master
my thing is the tornado. since the beginning of brawl i figured out how to follow people with it and make sure they got hit by all the hits, and i also used it to come down out of the air with.
I honestly have no clue as to what's so special about my Luigi. :/
i would say you use hyphen smash very well

Variable

Smash Ace
I suck as Luigi, but I'm pretty **** amazing at those up'bs...
I usually get ***** by people, but then sneak in an IMPOSSIBLEOMGWTFLUIGIFORTOPTIER SHORYUKEN!

I wish I could save those replays...
"IMPOSSIBLEOMGWTFLUIGIFORTOPTIER SHORYUKEN!"

Lmfao. too good.

makoforce

Smash Ace
my thing is the tornado. since the beginning of brawl i figured out how to follow people with it and make sure they got hit by all the hits, and i also used it to come down out of the air with.

i would say you use hyphen smash very well
well yea yoshQ use cyclone the best he even beat Boss wit it but sadly its one of my overlooked moves

TreK

Is "that guy"
Every legit Luigi mains are good at misfiring =O

It is my main killmove on DDD and Falco '^^

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
nobody can compare to gotenks. ever. not even luigi, even though i hate to say it.

Top Bottom