• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you do when you pull a bomb

Smash Master
When I pull a bomb with Peach, and my opponet is aware of it, I can never hit them with the bomb turnip; I've tried throwing it at them, and then they dodge/catch it, and I've tried dashing back and forth, then throwing it in the air and trying to throw them into it, but often I am the one who ends up getting hit with it. How do I make the bomb hit my opponent?

Smash Master
If I float over them and drop it, they will either wavdash away, or, if they are too close to wavedash away, it will hit both of us.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
It's hard to ensure a hit on an opponent and not to get hit yourself with a blast radius that big =/ If you know you can take the hit, you might as well Vidjodrop it. If it becomes a risk, throwing it over the edge might be a good idea.

stupidretardster

Smash Cadet
this is what I usually do. Try use fair/ bair to knock them off the stage and use it to edgeguard, if they are on too low of a percentage Z dropping is your best bet. If that doesn't work you can try standing completely still then suddenly yelling "BLAH!!!" and dashing forward as a feint, most people will dodge your feint allowing you to bomb them during their lag. Its also really fun to do. XD

Mythos

Smash Cadet
Mainly I don't use the bomb to hit my enemy.
I try to carry it as long as possible, so he's getting nervous
and easy to fake out. Nice mindgame

Cort

Apple Head
If you're already at a high %, I'd just throw it right away to avoid them attacking you and causing you to drop it, killing you. Otherwise, I hold it in my hand for intimidation and float cancel aerials (since you get to keep your bomb!). I've combod into bob-ombs many times before... :chuckle:

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
Every time I pull out a bomb, my opponent notices, and he knows I'm going to throw it, so I always end up missing.

And I get scared when I pull out a bomb, cuz I'm thinking, "What if I try to do an aerial and they hit me, and it blows up?"

I hate it. :(

Bailey

Smash Hero
LOL. DoH is right there. But what I do is I Float Cancel many F-Airs trying to get the to either roll or air dodge if either happens you are good. I still like if it is a bad fox or falco who is just holding the shine I throw it up grab them then up throw best **** ever.

LessThanThree

Smash Journeyman
i like to use it as soon as possible, the less time you give your opponent to react the better imo, when i hold it for a while, i almost never hit with it, but if i use it quick, i almost never get hurt by it, and about half the time i'll hit them

Me14k

Smash Lord
I usually just throw it away, especailly if im facing a fox/falco player
I usually don't throw bomb bombs at my opponent, especially if im facing a character that reflects (mario/dr.mario, fox/falco, zelda, and the others) what I do is...

Hold on to it a little, don't do air attacks, have the other person go into defense mode, now charge the person jump, and throw bomb straight up..then attack the person. Usually when you throw it they will do their relfect move, so you have an open attack.

If your opponent has 120+ damage, do this with stitch face too, cause a forward throw should kill them.

Mythos

Smash Cadet
I usually don't throw bomb bombs at my opponent, especially if im facing a character that reflects (mario/dr.mario, fox/falco, zelda, and the others) what I do is...

Hold on to it a little, don't do air attacks, have the other person go into defense mode, now charge the person jump, and throw bomb straight up..then attack the person. Usually when you throw it they will do their relfect move, so you have an open attack.

If your opponent has 120+ damage, do this with stitch face too, cause a forward throw should kill them.
If you really do it this way Z drop can be much faster

Top Bottom