• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do I do against Sheik?(DELETE)

Bebop86

Smash Cadet
I figure this is a good place to post about this. I always hear about Sheik having no bad match ups and whatnot. I can beat or at least get close to beating other people on different characters but I just cannot make a dent in Sheik from the hand full that I've played against. Perhaps they all just happened to be better players but I don't know about that. Any characters or tactics, strategies or otherwise that would be good against Sheik would be greatly appreciated. And of course discussion and mindless banter about the subject are welcome :)

Palmerfan

Smash Apprentice
Don't mess up your punishes, like ever. Bait something out of the other sheik (they'll probably be fishing for a grab), punish it with a grab/dash attack, and tech chase or combo till you finish the stock. To edgeguard sheik, grab ledge to make her have to teleport onstage, then punish with a fair or whatever from the ledge while she's in the laggy landing animation. Remember, there's no shame in chain grabbing, so use it as much as you need to in order to win. It's a fairly straightforward matchup so long as you use grabs and dont get grabbed.

Bebop86

Smash Cadet
Don't mess up your punishes, like ever. Bait something out of the other sheik (they'll probably be fishing for a grab), punish it with a grab/dash attack, and tech chase or combo till you finish the stock. To edgeguard sheik, grab ledge to make her have to teleport onstage, then punish with a fair or whatever from the ledge while she's in the laggy landing animation. Remember, there's no shame in chain grabbing, so use it as much as you need to in order to win. It's a fairly straightforward matchup so long as you use grabs and dont get grabbed.
I didn't exactly mean Sheik dittos, but that still helps. Thanks :D

Palmerfan

Smash Apprentice
As who then?

In general, don't get grabbed by Sheik. It'll end poorly. If you do get grabbed, mix up your tech rolls and miss a tech occasionally to throw her off. The edgeguarding thing still stands for pretty much every character.

Bebop86

Smash Cadet
Alright, thanks guys. You're right, Marth main and shouldn't have posted here. Mods can take it down, I"ll try to make it obvious that it should be deleted

Top Bottom