• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do Cpus do that are unusual?

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if it's the Cpu or I'm just extremely unlucky, but as Luigi, I used D+B, but Game&Watch grabs me, does nothing, I break free, then he immediately, canceling the grab-break animation, Judgment 9's me, I die, then for the rest of the match, all of his Judgments are L.9s...

§leepy God

Smash Master
Becide's letting go of the hammer when they are about to fall, nothing that I know of. I would like to know how you do that though.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Besides. No apostrophe. Sorry. that really gets on my nerves sometimes

I've had quit a few CPUs speed-hug edgehog me. Having something like that done to you against another person is managable, but with a CPU - it's infuriating. The reason why I even play CPUs is to get a little respite from that kind of stuff!

POKE40

Smash Lord
they taunt when i die.... even my cpu teammate :mad:
they edgehog me
perfect shield everything
dodge at moments that even a human would never think of dodging
projectile camping
follow you when you're falling from above
uses unnatural recovery moves with mk (like cape to recover)

all of the cpu decide to go gang up on you.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
CPU's shield to good. They Perfect Shield everything!

majora_787

Smash Hero
A note about good reaction time, this CPU Marth was falling next to me and grabbed me AS SOON AS I LANDED, so I had no way to prevent getting thrown.

They also usually use only throws when near a border. ESPECIALLY on the far right of Hyrule Temple.

majora_787

Smash Hero
No, they can't read you. They just have perfect timing from all directions. Sometimes if you do a bat smash attack they still don't know if you're swinging it or not, and then they get LAUNCHED. :laugh:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Lvl 9 Pikachus QAC a lot. Usually they just do it back and forth, but I've heard tales of QAC > thunder and QAC > edgehog (which is too good.... but suicidal for a human Pika to attempt).

CPU G&Ws tend to get a lot of 9s with the Judgement hammer. Cheaters.

Also, sometimes if I die and the CPU dies before they finish taunting (I kill them, the stage kills them, etc), they'll taunt when they respawn. They're just... so... mean!

fox219

Smash Journeyman
^^This

When I play level 8/9s I see the most random stuff

The love to edgehog me (they learned it from me)
They can perfect shield my jab combo twice in a row (6 hits straight)
Their play with counter moves is awesome
They will tech anything

...and then one goes and jumps off the edge without me even moving

or this example of stupidity:
fox/falco/wolf will start their up-B, I jump down to spike them and instead get hit in their charging animation. They continually send their up-B straight away from the stage.
Whenever I play a spacie cpu i don't even bother to spike them anymore, I take the 20% and watch them suicide.

I also like how they can clearly learn new tricks, yet they still fall for the same stuff over and over
they read my moves and punish.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
My Level 9 Lucas is amazing at hitting me with usmash. I feel ashamed every time I fall for it. -_-

They're also getting better at edgeguarding in general. I've been edgehogged far too often for my tastes lately. Then again, I have been getting a bit sloppy with my recovery...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
My Level 9 Lucas is amazing at hitting me with usmash. I feel ashamed every time I fall for it. -_-

They're also getting better at edgeguarding in general. I've been edgehogged far too often for my tastes lately. Then again, I have been getting a bit sloppy with my recovery...
say what? that's odd.

fox219

Smash Journeyman

MK and Pikachu are on my nerves when they edgeguard. I meteor smash them when they edge guard. smart and dumb cpus at the same time.

Gaaraofthesand1337

Smash Cadet
When i'm fighting against a lv.9 captain falcon, at some point during the fight, he stops fighting, stands there for 2ish seconds, and then up-b's nowhere near me- i'm always baffled by this

zeldspazz

Smash Master
When you play cpu's in a free for all, if you get launched into the air, all 3 wait for you at the bottom and the totally forget that there is someone other than me to attack, as if they are all on a team. Freakin annoying =P.

And they perfect shield WAY too much expecailly king dedede, every other attack he grabs you.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I noticed that whenever you play against two or three level 9 CPUs, one of them is WAY smarter and more agressive than the other(s). I mean, two snakes against me and my doubles partner. One sits back and throws grenades at us constantly, the other one chases us to the edge of the screen where he magically throws us into the blast line. :laugh:

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I had a Link that chased me off the stage (I was below the lip of Final D, trying to recover with Aether) and attacked me with a bomb, which pseudo spiked me by hitting me up against the stage. And he survived.

CPUs also have the quickest turnaround rates ever. One (I think Fox) was able to turn around and do an f-smash on me between me (Link's) A jab combo. Hax...

sam4

Smash Cadet
One time a CPU successfully edgeguarded me. They also did stupid things like run off an edge and use Dair after I already died. And then they end up dying.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
a cpu pit canceled my toon link's final smash 3 times in a row!

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
as if godly. perfect, inhuman reflexes and reaction ability are so much different from pretty much reading your opponent.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
But to tell you the truth, some people have found through tests and studies about the habits of CPUs this...

Whenever you input the buttons for a specific action, they are immediately given a choice of several options to "counter" it with. This applies to every frame of animation. So the very moment you tap the A button, the CPU knows to Power-shield.

CPUs choose different responses to the same actions you use to keep matches exciting and different each time.

Top Bottom