• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Could Possibly Go Wrong? - Vote Bubsy for Smash!

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
!

Wait, WHO?!

Bubsy is a bobcat who appeared in hit games such as "Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind", "Bubsy 2", "Bubsy in: Fractured Furry Tales" and "Bubsy 3D: Furbitten Planet". The games were released during the bit wars era and some time after. Bubsy was so popular that he had his own television series. For real. But who is the feline hero? Bubsy is a glass cannon. He is incredibly powerful, defeating Woolies with vicious attacks. However, Bubsy is a very weak defender. His defenses are so weak that he can die by just touching something or falling too far or even just jumping into water. Bubsy is a very corny character, often using cat-related puns.

How would Bubsy even work?

In his game, Bubsy is limited to what he can do. All he really does is glide over opponents and jump on them. However, that shouldn't stop him. After all, Captain Falcon is in Smash Bros, and he had to have some moves made up. The best way to develop a moveset for Bubsy is to have the moves derive from his ability to glide. Bubsy would be the kind of character who prefers the air, relying on the glide attacks to create damage. The only problem though? He'd have a lot of endlag, making him vulnerable like in his games.

MOVESET EXAMPLE(S)
(If there are extra Spoiler boxes below the Basic Moveset Example, just click on the last one.)

[collapse=Basic Moveset Example]
:GCA:: Claw Swipe - Basic jab attack with right paw
:GCA:,:GCA:: Claw Swipe - Extension of the jab combo; Bubsy uses his left paw
:GCA:,:GCA:,:GCA:: Claw Smackdown - The finish of the jab combo, Bubsy uses both paws to hit the opponent into the ground, causing small knockback.
:GCA:+:GCU: (tilt) : Jumping Head Attack - Bubsy does a very small hop upward, juggling the opponent with his head.
:GCA:+:GCR:OR:GCUR:OR:GCDR: (tilt): Claw Swipe - Bubsy uses his paws and claws once again to hit an opponent. The results depend on the angle. Angled straight, the attack deals the least amount of damage, but the most knockback and has the least amount of endlag. Angled upward, the attack has moderate damage output, knockback and endlag. Angled downward, the attack trips the opponent and deals the most damage, but has the least amount of knockback and the most endlag.
:GCA:+:GCD:(tilt): Tumble - Bubsy tumbles, rolling into an opponent. The attack sends opponents back a little bit.

[/collapse]

[collapse= Example Air Attack Moveset]
:GCA:: Cartwheel - Bubsy performs a cartwheel in midair. Anyone that touches Bubsy's limbs or head takes damage.

:GCA:+:GCR:: Forward Claw Swipe - Bubsy uses his claws to slash an opponent in midair
:GCA:+:GCU:: Somersault Kick - Bubsy uses his legs to perform a somersault kick.
:GCA:+:GCD:: Body Slam - Bubsy stretches out his body, hitting anyone below him and his body.
:GCA:+:GCL:: Backwards Dropkick - Bubsy extends his legs to perform a dropkick
[/collapse]

[collapse= Example Smash Attacks]
:GCA:+:GCR:: Claw Thrust - Bubsy uses his claws to the fullest power here. He thrusts forward, extending out his claws in a punching motion. The attack does a lot of knockback damage.

:GCA:+:GCU:: Big Headbutt - Bubsy uses his head to nail the opponent with a big headbutt.
:GCA:+:GCD:: Clockhouse Kick - Bubsy swings his legs around on the ground, sweeping anyone who comes close to his legs.
[/collapse]

[collapse= Example Special Moveset]
:GCB:: Yarn Ball - Throw a ball of yarn at an opponent
:GCR:OR:GCL:+:GCB:: Corkscrew Glide - Bubsy glides toward the opponent, rotating his body.
:GCU:+:GCB:: Upward Glide - Bubsy glides upward to recover. No damage is dealt.
:GCD:+:GCB:: Crashing Glide - Bubsy shoots out of his stance like a cannon, gliding into the opponent hard. More damage is done if the attack starts in the air, but Bubsy takes damage.[/collapse]

So why should I vote for Bubsy again?
The answer is simple: Bubsy is an icon. The worst way an icon can be an icon. Bubsy was a joke of a character in the 1990s and is to this day a joke character. There aren't many joke characters that exist in Super Smash Bros. anymore. Bubsy's moveset potential and taunting potential make him the best potential joke character to exist in Smash Brothers history. PAC-MAN and Mega Man are 3rd Party icons who found their way in via fan support. If they can get in, so can Bubsy. What could possibly go wrong?!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
ALL HAIL BUBSY. :p

I've actually played the first two games. Pretty average, but then the abomination came.

:231:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
10/10 Better character idea than Monita and Reckless Wii Safety Guy combined! Just imagine the rage on the Internet if the guy were to rise from his grave and be playable in Smash. :troll:

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
I looked at the moveset and saw that while it's a good example, I probably could have done a little bit better. I mean, I didn't take in consideration some of Bubsy's death animations. The melting animation? Could be used as a defensive move to avoid damage.

JIGGALOO!!

Smash Rookie
NNID
bubsyinclaws
support just for the rage from fans alone, but he'd be a great addition

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I could list several reasons what could possibly go wrong, but I'm going on vacation next month, so I don't have the time to list them.

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
We are exactly one month away from the end of the ballot. I'm sure you've all been voting for the beloved feline hero. Keep it up.

Top Bottom