• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The GC controller, and my Wavebird. The Wii&Nunchuk combo is too hard for me to use, plus I didn't want to get used to a different controller after playing Melee.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
i use the wiimote sideways...i have trouble jumping with the joystick...i have to pause,push it directly up,and that keep fighting

wangston

Smash Lord
I use the gamecube controller or the wiimote side ways for kicks. In my tourney play I only use a wired GC controller at Home I like to play on my couch so I use a wave bird.

Br1NG1T

Smash Rookie
I use a wired regular gamecube controller. Ive had bad experiences with wireless and just from playing melee so much i couldnt but the gamecube controller down lol.

DK2

Smash Apprentice
I use the Wii Remote and nunchuck combination, and i'm still learning using Wii Remote sideways but it's a little hard but I get the hang of it someday. :) LOL!

RoboticTuna

Smash Cadet
I use the Wiimote and Nunchuck, primarily because I don't have a Gcube controller (lol) but also because I legitimately prefer that setup, especially if it's a wired Gcube controller.

I enjoy using Gcube controller too, but the Wiimote on its side...gaaaaaah....how can anyone play with that thing? :\

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Best controller has to be the classic, it doesn't wear down as bad as a Gamecube pad. Also, the analog sticks are a lot more sensitive then the Gamecube counterpart.

smasher?o.0

Smash Journeyman
i used wii remote
my friend introduced gamecube controller
i became awesome
seriously its easier

rocker1356

Smash Cadet
I used to play the Numchuck combo which I used for a long time and I tried the GC one for about a week and I am already better than I was before. It is just so much easier.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
The Gamecube controller always serves to make me nostalgic, but the majority of the time I'm just using the Classic, which is a totally workable option. I also use the Wiimote on its side when I want to gimp myself a bit and give someone else a chance.

Eraserhead

Smash Rookie
I've been trying really hard to buy a GC controller off my friends, I'm sick of the crapness of the wiimote and nunchuk. It just can't be tolerated. Especially seeing as how all the little tech glitches can't really be done with the wiimote anyway.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
i use the GC, but I dont think I'll ever stop arguing that the CC has the most potential

more buttons=more customization
and they're laid out in a better fashion imo, i just wish i had the patience to learn it and still play melee

jehonaker

Smash Cadet
I use the GameCube controller almost exclusively.
I don't use it only when there aren't enough GCN controllers to go around.
People stick me with the other kinds because I seem to do the best of them with the Wii-based controllers.

Top Bottom