• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what color is the best

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
no i am not talking about purely aesthetic looks such as red yellow blue and bright light blue

i am talking about the color that is the absolute best for gameplay
on a certain stage, do you like to choose a certain color?

for example on final destination i will pick blue G&W because it is a very decent camouflage on that stage and certainly does help you win

the same goes for a stage like delfino where the light blue is the best

my favorite color overall is red though

now how do you use your situational colors for G&W?
or do you just stick with one color (this is not wise, if you think that all colors play equally then you are wrong)

trust me in a competitive match even something as small as the color of the character can make a difference, and you want all factors in your favor.

so which is it and why?

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
If you crouch on pictochat with default its camoflauged, not that anybody plays that terrible stage.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
There's no discussion. It IS light blue.

As light blue you cannot tell when G&W airdodges (unless you have a keen eye for animations) or when he has full bucket (unless the opponent can count to three, with some exceptions)

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
on stages like icicle mountain, cyan GAW is all but invisible (except for the P1 or whatever tag). This also goes for several other stages. If your opponent can't tell what move your doing, how can he counter??

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
In terms of camouflage, cyan is the best. It works with the stage and operates like UTD Zac mentioned.

The best color, however, is yellow.

Gold #1 Flag :]

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I go cyan because it's gaudy, annoying, and hard on the eyes. Sometimes I remove my tag and change colors to match my counterpicks. Like red on Norfair, lol

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
I like black the best. It's just classic GaW. I don't see how colors could make a difference in camoflauge because of the outline, heh.

I just think they picked bad alternate color choices. Personally, nobody wants a puke-green colored GaW. Wheres white? orange? rainbow? :)

Shök

Smash Champion
I go with either blue or cyan.

The cyan color is just to good.

AllLifeIsButADream

Smash Rookie
I'd defenitely go with cyan. As mentioned before air-dodging and your full bucket are somewhat camoflaged. Plus it's just a steezy color. getting your *** kicked by a bright 2-d character. Although I could see why changing your color depending on the stage.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If you crouch on pictochat with default its camoflauged, not that anybody plays that terrible stage.
Aw cmon, Pictochat is a great stage.

Anyway, my favorite color is light blue, followed by yellow.

Shepp

Smash Apprentice
everybody knows the red one is the best. his attacks do more damage and knock back cause he so pissed off. i wonder what hes mad about

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I use green >_>.

SnaggleTooth

Smash Cadet
Red... So I can show the poor sap who's butt I am handing to him on a platter that GaW still loves him even though he sucks...

:D

C'mon, I'm just joking... Red is awesome though

Sr. Juego y Reloj

Smash Apprentice
All

personally, i think all of Mr. Game & Watch's colors are rad. and my personal favorite color is green so i use that one often. and i instantly fell in love with the cyan g&w. the "gold" color is funny to me because it resembles a poopy color. xD classic black is always cool. red and blue looks awesome too. it's just whatever i'm feeling at the moment. (:

i must admit, it is smart to use a certain color depending on the level for tactical reasons.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
I actually don't like G&Ws colors very much, and so I stick mostly to black.

Cyan can be jarring. Green is a puke green, and I would appreciate a lighter green. I also think a lighter red would do well. I don't remember what is wrong with yellow of the top of my head.

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
Black if you plan on actually looking at yourself. But if not then you can be the light blue and damage your opponents eyes beyond repair, causing them to forfeit the match.

ytv

Smash Apprentice
Light Blue, pick that because you can't tell whenever G&W bucket is full. Nor can you tell about invincibility frames after dying or grabbing from the ledge. Plus it looks cool.

bebar

Smash Cadet
TEAL WRECKS THE TOWN, i like the way it looks, and it hides air dodges, full buckets and all the grand stuff.

Top Bottom