• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Characters Do You Hate Fighting?

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I seem to have trouble with fast characters like Little Mac and Sonic the most. I can handle Rosalina pretty easily, most players I've faced can't control Luma that well, so when they send him out I just knock him off the stage (which reminds me, it sucks that if he's air'd off the stage, Rosalina can't call on him to bring him out of his freefall state)

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Primary hatred: Sonic- must patiently fight while wanting to hurt him immediately.

Secondary hatred: Pacman- if its not a fire hydrant aimed at my head then its car keys while hiding behind said fire hydrant. I make it a goal to steal his jawbreakers every time I interrupt his side special.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Kirby. Just got done fighting one Kirby who was a giant chicken and camped out at the sides of the stage. This guy was just standing near the blast lines inhaling, hoping someone would be dumb enough to walk up. Felt pretty damn good when I used Villager's Up-B to trick him into commiting Kirbycide without me. And this guy tried Kirbycide the whole time I played with him! At least other Kirby players try other, less obvious tactics!

But yeah, Kirby is obnoxious in the hands of a noob. But counter spammers sure are annoying too. I fought a Lucina yesterday that countered non-stop. But I guess eventually she learned a good grab and throw counters a counter.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Ganondorf. A well placed Side-B to Down Tilt to Forward Air just absolutely wrecks me.
I'd complain about Little Mac but I'm slowly working on how to beat them. Get them off the edge and they manage to kill themselves half the time trying to get back.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Sheik. This may just be me, but I have a TERRIBLE time every time I fight a good Sheik. I can never land a damn hit. Forces me to switch over to Sonic.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Olimar and Ganondorf. Hands down. I've always hated fighting Olimars, their ranged grabs screw me over, IDK how some people can be so good with him(i suck as him if you couldn't tell). The only char. i could really counter them well with was Lucas thanks to his ranged specials, and he isn't in this game. And then Ganondorf is freaking OP as hell, if you fight one who knows what they're doing and uses Down tilts/smash attacks right, you are in a for a big *** kicking.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Nin-G and Sheik have proved pretty problematic in general. ZSS and Mac can be either scrubby or really good (but I still try my best to not fall on their tricks).

Ness however, gosh. So many people using PK Fire and F-Air + F-Air and that buffed PKThunder 2 is too annoying to deal with.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
ZSS and Sheik. Those are the only two characters I consistently get beaten by. ZSS can be slightly solved by me using Bowser Jr instead of Rosalina, but Sheik I still am having major trouble against. The matches between me and ZSS and Sheik are intense.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
Ness because of his crazy priority and Pacman because of his annoying gimmicks lool. I don't mind little mac, just throw them off stage and slap em down lool.

Azew

Smash Lord
Ness because of his crazy priority and Pacman because of his annoying gimmicks lool. I don't mind little mac, just throw them off stage and slap em down lool.
Ness's F-air has crazy priority
you could almost call it "unF-air"

Olimar and Ganondorf. Hands down. I've always hated fighting Olimars, their ranged grabs screw me over, IDK how some people can be so good with him(i suck as him if you couldn't tell). The only char. i could really counter them well with was Lucas thanks to his ranged specials, and he isn't in this game. And then Ganondorf is freaking OP as hell, if you fight one who knows what they're doing and uses Down tilts/smash attacks right, you are in a for a big *** kicking.
The Olimar players I hate are the ones that make you flinch when you try to attack and run away from you until the time runs out.

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
Ness and Diddy Kong. Why it was ever considered balanced to give characters with pretty solid projectile games a bunch of true combos out of throws is beyond me, but it's completely invalidated those characters to me.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
Robin, because I'm not good with him/her and everyone else kicks my butt. :(

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
:4dedede: What, is four jumps not enough to recover? Oh well, we'll just give you an Up-B that travels so far up that you can be at the low-blast zone and still make it back stage. Oh! and it has splash damage upon landing!
:4diddy:He's just a prick. He's got a command grab... and those bananas, dude.
:4sheik:Down-throw... f-air, f-air, f-air all the way off stage.

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Gotta be the Yosh. :4yoshi:

I see him all the time in For Glory and I have gotten quite sick of his egg throwin', high jumpin' shenanigans.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
No matter what character, I hate cowards who camp out or just run away. It's so irritating. No one likes fighting a passive weenie.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I always groan whenever a Sonic player shows up.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Im not sure but I think there is a way to cancel it and leave him at the bottom of the screen, usually killing him. I don't remember how though.
Break out of the grab like you would any throw and immediately double jump and B Up so he dies first. Have better health than him and you can control the direction of the grab.

But if you don't react fast enough. Or if he's in better health....

Bowsercide.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Sheik and Captain Falcon always give me trouble with various characters for whatever reason. I also dislike fighting Little Mac because of his insta-KO move.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
I hate sword characters, I'm always having trouble facing them. :4myfriends::4link::4lucina::4marth::4miisword::4tlink::4robinm::4robinf:…..:glare::glare::glare:

ferioku

Smash Ace
Samus, Link, Toon Link. All the noobs who like rolling repetitively and spamming ranged attacks, and they taunt at you if you afk or SD. Those are the scums of For Glory and Sakurai made a big mistake making it FD only! I've found ways to punish these guys but they honestly need to be taught a lesson, and the fact that they actually think they are good just makes me cringe... =/

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I really hate Pikachu, because all they will do is spam neutral B for days . . . that **** is annoying.

Also, I hate Shiek. I have been trying to learn to play as her so that I know how she works so that I can beat her, but I can't play as her and I can't beat her. And most of the tine that i play against her, all they can really do is rack up damage and not KO me. It annoys me greatly.

Last edited:

Azew

Smash Lord
Also, I hate Shiek. I have been trying to learn to play as her so that I know how she works so that I can beat her, but I can't play as her and I can't beat her. It annoys me greatly.
I feel the same way about greninja!

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
:4dedede::4tlink::4link::4duckhunt::4rob:
Basically anyone who is good at using projectiles because the characters I use don't have any...
Also those Rosalina players that dodge repetitively when they lose their Luma

D

Deleted member

Diddy Kong and R.O.B.
Win or lose, I have NEVER had an enjoyable match against either of the two.

Last edited by a moderator:

TeamEvil

Smash Rookie
Shulk. It's too easy to spam his counter. Played on lan with some friends and the guy playing Shulk just countered the whole time. After the match we fought in real life, so that was fun.

Yams

Smash Journeyman
I absolutely despise Link. It seems like literally every one I go against just throws the boomerang then shoots and arrow, or spams any number of moves in different sequences. Ugh, they're just so irritating.

Top Bottom