• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Characters Do You Hate Fighting?

Azew

Smash Lord
What character do you hate facing in a fight?
The character I hate fighting is Bowser Jr. (Keep in mind I main Lucina). Every time I see it in for glory, the other player plays in the most disgusting way possble. They spam projectiles over and over, and lawn mow acoss the stage if you get close. If you somehow make it stay still, it has the most annoying set of smash attacks in the game, ( I swear they're the longest range and highest proirity smash attacks that aren't projectiles) That's just my opinion though.

Last edited:

Regardie

Smash Rookie
I really hate fighting R.O.B players, they are almost always really good at the game and they just destroy me. It makes me want to quit Smash all together.

Azew

Smash Lord
LIIIIIITLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCC .

Nop , the Bowsercide . Those guy's had really no respect ...
That side special is always annoying.
Mostly players that spam Counter.
I agree, but it's easy to grab them. It should also be easier to punish if the wii u version has a bit less lag. P.s. Your avatar look familiar...

I expect quite a few people to be screaming "Little Mac"
Yeah, but I feel like a lot of players have started adapting to them.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I agree, but it's easy to grab them. It should also be easier to punish if the wii u version has a bit less lag. P.s. Your avatar look farmiliar...
It's not really a case of lag but really more in general. Sure they're easy to grab, but one shouldn't make up their approach just on grabbing. Sooner or later they'll catch on and begin to deflect even that.

Also in regards to the avatar, it's to be expected. I found it while looking around on the Internet.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Anyone that spams the same move seven times in a row.

It's one thing to use the same move a few times when it's working, it's another to keep doing it when it isn't until it is and you just... you just...

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I don't have the game, but I have played my friend's a bit, and I have to say Sheik, Zero Suit Samus and Rosalina take the cake. Maybe it's just that I'm not comfortable with the circle pad, but it looks to me like they're going to be the "get up and go wreck faces with minimal effort" (mind you Rosalina requires a degree of zoning skill) characters of this generation. Luckily, Rosalina and ZSS are manageable with decent reads and knowing priorities, but a good Sheik is truly a mystery to me; she's her Melee self (or maybe even better) all over again IMO, mad priority, combos for days, Needles have excellent range and force risky approaches, and she just doesn't seem to have much of a weakness. Little Mac is scary, but if you use a character who can truly go balls deep once you get your enemy in the air (or off stage), he's pretty helpless.

Bowsers who spam his Side Special to end your last stock are pretty high up there too.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I don't like playing against Lucina, Marth and Ness. They kick my butt.

And Duck Hunt refuses to die.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I've seen so many Lucina online, her and Little Mac, but I'm not bothered by their gameplay, just the fact I see them way too much and I wanna see some more people playing less-used characters.

But hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. :(

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Strangely Captain Falcon and Ganondorf because I fight them all the time and barely anyone else. Little Mac almost gets on my list but I didn't fight him enough, lol.

LosTimeTurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lostimeturner
Not a charcter, but my dad because he spams and CHEATS by taking my controller mid-game....... though I still beat him

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Probably the 2 Ninjas and Mac, but I'm kinda annoyed at Rosalina recently. I've been having more trouble with the noob ones in For Glory recently, and to think that fighting a better one will be more irritating.

Honorable mentions to Lucina, counter spammers, and D3. You don't know how lucky some of em get with the Smashes and Gordo spam.

The Shadow Emperor

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much anybody with a counter. Nothing more infuriating than getting a faceful of your own Warlock Punch.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Dr. Mario, because he's even in the game at all. However I take it as an opportunity to destroy him and make sure he doesn't get away.

D

Deleted member 269706

Fox, Sheik, Captain Falcon, and of course, Diddy.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
I don't know, because SSB Wii U hasn't come out. :dazwa:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
:4sonic: :4fox: :4zelda::4ganondorf:

Basically the characters nobody plays, so I don't know what to do to them :/

Azew

Smash Lord
Have to admit it. Though really its just that damn KO Punch. That ****crap aside, I find fighting Mac a fun challenge.
Yeah, I feel like his KO punch is worse than Lucario's aura. Little Mac just gets to take a free stock when he takes damage, and that's half match when playing online. The only thing you can do is run away (and you better hope you're playing a gliding character or ROB because he's quick). He isn't that great if you can get him to waste that punch though.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
F-air all day. :colorful:
The majority of my hatred for her comes from the matchup against my main Villager; her down B can absorb 4/5 of my approaches (F-air, B-air, dash attack, side B) while Luma does a pretty good job at keeping out my down-airs. It seems like one of things that only sounds bad on paper, but trust me, I have a ton of trouble against Rosalina. xD

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
The majority of my hatred for her comes from the matchup against my main Villager; her down B can absorb 4/5 of my approaches (F-air, B-air, dash attack, side B) while Luma does a pretty good job at keeping out my down-airs. It seems like one of things that only sounds bad on paper, but trust me, I have a ton of trouble against Rosalina. xD
You always beat me as her with Greninja. #IDCIfWe'reInPublic

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Bad Mac players, Good Rosie&Luma players, any form of PAC-MAN, and R.O.B.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Little Mac, Ness, Link, Toon Link, Pikachu, Captain Falcon, Bowser Jr., and Rosalina and Luma.

Last edited:

InfiniteNumbers

Smash Rookie
NNID
InfiniteNumbers
3DS FC
1693-2938-8132
:rosalina:Shuts down DHD's projectile game pretty much entirely if played well
:4zss: Her moves come out stupidly fast to me though I'm getting better at the matchup recently.
:4littlemac: Super armor on smashes is very annoying and catches me a lot.
:4diddy: Hate him.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I misread the thread title as "Which Characters Do You Hate to See Fighting?"

And I was like, "Well, I guess it's pretty sad to see DK and Diddy at each other's throats like that..."

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I feel like his KO punch is worse than Lucario's aura. Little Mac just gets to take a free stock when he takes damage, and that's half match when playing online. The only thing you can do is run away (and you better hope you're playing a gliding character or ROB because he's quick). He isn't that great if you can get him to waste that punch though.
Well to be fair, Little Mac is really easy to knock out. It's a reasonable trade-off, I guess.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The 50,000 god awful 15 year olds on Wifi that only play as at least two of the following characters: Robin, Lucina, Dark Pit, Shulk, and Falco with them playing as the "dark" variants 90% of the time. There's just something super pathetic about an incompetent Robin or Shulk. It makes me almost miss the hilariously bad Metaknights and Ikes that used to clog up Brawl's wifi.

Chrono.

Rosa's pretty aggravating, but I think that's mostly due to the fact I don't see them so often, so I don't know how to fight against them all too well. I also have a bad habit of underestimating Ganondorf which often ends with me eating a Ganoncide.

I also forget the fact that Little Mac has super armor in his smashes more than I'd like to admit.

Top Bottom