• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character has the best stage movement?

Esther

Smash Rookie
What character do you guys think potentially has the best/fastest stage movement in the game?
For example:
Axe's Falco has insane stage movement
IE: Axe (Falco) vs M2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLs0HMN5psQ

And im sure everyone has seen aMSa's yoshi

So which character has the best stage movement and why?
My picks would have to be, Falco, Falcon, Yoshi and Ness.

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
I'd probably say Luigi. That wavedash is so nasty.

PepaCorn

Smash Apprentice
I'd probably say Luigi. That wavedash is so nasty.
Probably not, he has a long wavedash but he's also super floaty
He can't move vertically quickly at all
It's gonna be a fast faller like Fox, Falco or Falcon

Maybe Luigi could take it if it were simply moving horizontally across FD or something

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Falcon. Best run speed, second best fall speed, decent WD, and one of the best horizontal aerial speeds. If he didn't have good movement, he would likely be a mid tier.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I'd say Fox for sure. Not only because of the insane run speed and jump speed, but because it's also coupled with such amazing moves that can be done very fast b/n platform movement (almost all can confirm into combos). The same goes for Falco, Sheik, and Marth. You can do some insane combos and tech while navigating platforms.

Pikachu also has some very interesting things he can do with his movement on almost any stage. His Up-Air b/n platforms is scary.

Last edited:

Nox.

Smash Rookie
Yeah I don't know how you couldn't say fox. His ground and air speed with his crazy good wavedash makes him unstoppable movement wise. Good fox's can even cause pressure solely with his movement. Watch the swedes play fox, and you'll see what I mean. But I would have to say falcon is a close second and fully agree with Spak.

Last edited:

ChrisWithAk

Smash Cadet
I heard something interesting this weekend on the Summit stream that Marth is the best character in neutral with his dash dance and wave dash along with his grab and sword range. But once he gets hit he is bad in the air. As far as pur ground movement goes i have to say marth

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
Probably not, he has a long wavedash but he's also super floaty
He can't move vertically quickly at all
It's gonna be a fast faller like Fox, Falco or Falcon

Maybe Luigi could take it if it were simply moving horizontally across FD or something
The question was about stage movement. Luigi is floaty, but a good Luigi isn't just fullhopping across the stage. Utilizing platforms and wavelanding make his movement really smooth.

PepaCorn

Smash Apprentice
The question was about stage movement. Luigi is floaty, but a good Luigi isn't just fullhopping across the stage. Utilizing platforms and wavelanding make his movement really smooth.
I never mentioned fullhopping, I brought up the vertical movement speed because it's a very important factor in acutally quickly accessing the platforms. The characters I mentioned could get to and down from the platforms much faster than Luigi, and a long wavedash wouldn't make too much of a difference since it would be restricted to the platform length anyway. Luigi sure would be smooth but not the quickest

Top Bottom