• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character does Samus fear the most?

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Falco, Marth and Ganondorf. Falco wouldn't be up there if it weren't for the SHL though. Sheik as well, but only because her needles totally screw the bomb recovery.

Atemus

Smash Rookie
Really guys, try Shiek, Fox, and Falco.

Marth isn't very much of a counter for Samus do to Samus' arsenal. If samus can keep up a good barrage, Marth may have a hard time.

Shiek can easily get you in a combo, and as Zelda can deflect your attacks.

Fox and Falco: Shine Blind.

+ Laser spamming.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Really guys, try Shiek, Fox, and Falco.

Marth isn't very much of a counter for Samus do to Samus' arsenal. If samus can keep up a good barrage, Marth may have a hard time.

Shiek can easily get you in a combo, and as Zelda can deflect your attacks.

Fox and Falco: Shine Blind.

+ Laser spamming.
omg, NOOOB alert lol

Dude, Fox is pretty much a even matchup with samus, and Zelda is pretty darn easy...

Falco and Marth pwn Samus

robyextreme

Smash Ace
falco isnt too bad with samus. matter of fact, i see it as one of samus' best matchups. only true hard matchups for samus are ganon, captain falcon, shiek, and peach.

and if u need help vs. shiek, heres a good vid to watch :laugh:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-FsoHV53IsU
Depends on stage.

Falco can completly destroy samus with lasers, and off edge he can force samus into a vertical recovery allowing pillars.

Mostly on FD/Dreamland though.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
falco isnt too bad with samus. matter of fact, i see it as one of samus' best matchups. only true hard matchups for samus are ganon, captain falcon, shiek, and peach.

and if u need help vs. shiek, heres a good vid to watch :laugh:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-FsoHV53IsU
Why the heck are people saying peach?????
Its a even battle, with the edge depending on the stage....

Falco is worse then sheik by far.
Falco can combo samus easier, kill her easier, stack damage on her easier, and missles dont effect him as much.
Sheik is hard, but falco is harder...

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
o heck no. all falco has on samus is laser spam. kill her easier? i dunno but shiek has one of the best edgeguards on samus, while falco struggles to edgeguard her. pillaring is out of the question for falco, as is most shffling. shiek has no shffl game for samus to get past, has a much better grab game than falco, and missles still affect falco. shoot a missle, and if they reflect it with a shine, its a free shffl'd dair to whatever you want.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
o heck no. all falco has on samus is laser spam. kill her easier? i dunno but shiek has one of the best edgeguards on samus, while falco struggles to edgeguard her. pillaring is out of the question for falco, as is most shffling. shiek has no shffl game for samus to get past, has a much better grab game than falco, and missles still affect falco. shoot a missle, and if they reflect it with a shine, its a free shffl'd dair to whatever you want.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtK_sj-ut1M
Its a lil old, but shoes what lasers do to samus..................
Also, cc works far better on sheik.....

Sheik has a WAY harder time killing because most of her kills(excet up-air) are to the sides where samus lives FOREVER.
Falco has d-tilt, up-smash, up-air. Sheik main killing move is f-air and thats good for samus...

Sheik is easier for Samus.
End

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Falco and fox are far from counters to samus. The match up can go even, at best, for the fox or falco. Really, things only change when the match is played on FD or any other campable stage. I'd also go so far as to say that Samus is possibly Falco's closest thing to a counter.

Samus's hardest match ups are Sheik, Marth, Link (there aren't very many links who can do any damage aside from Germ and a select few. So link is often overlooked as one of samus's hard match ups)

I say these are counters because they counter some of samus's best traits. Marth outspaces Samus's great spacing game. Sheik can grab combo samus's uncomboable nature out of grabs. Marth and sheik are both great at grabbing, samus is a very grabbable character. Link out spams samus's Grade A spam game and recovers quite well vs samus's edgeguarding game.

Other match ups can be either even or 60:40 in either characters favor.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Falco and fox are far from counters to samus. The match up can go even, at best, for the fox or falco. Really, things only change when the match is played on FD or any other campable stage.

Samus's hardest match ups are Sheik, Marth, Link (there aren't very many links who can do any damage aside from Germ and a select few. So link is often overlooked as one of samus's hard match ups)

I say these are counters because they counter some of samus's best traits. Marth outspaces Samus's great spacing game. Sheik can grab combo samus's uncomboable nature out of grabs. Marth and sheik are both great at grabbing, samus is a very grabbable character. Link out spams samus's Grade A spam game and recovers quite well vs samus's edgeguarding game.

Other match ups can be either even or 60:40 in either characters favor.
I know for a fact that Falco is harder for Samus then Fox...
I agree with Marth and Link being hard for samus, but i have never had trouble with Sheiks....

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
And what facts would those be? Please explain to me why falco is, for a fact, harder than fox as samus.

As far as sheiks go, don't you think it's possible that you just haven't played any good sheiks with expertise on the match up? Sheik is easily samus's toughest match.

Navo

Smash Apprentice
I actually enjoy playing foxes, I find it fun and I seem to do well.

But I have the hardest time playing againced peach, marth, ganon and sheik... i hate thoes matchups.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
And what facts would those be? Please explain to me why falco is, for a fact, harder than fox as samus.

As far as sheiks go, don't you think it's possible that you just haven't played any good sheiks with expertise on the match up? Sheik is easily samus's toughest match.
I will take it from you that Sheik is hard for Samus......

About Falco being harder, i have only played Manaclouds falco and Sheik, and his Falco was way harder and left me with little breathing room.

So HugS, is this about right:

1) Sheik
2) Marth
3) Ganon
4) Falcon
5) Link

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
I thought Samus' biggest matchup is captain falcon. He has the speed to counter anything she does and is the only character I've seen that combos her.

VA

Smash Hero
Personally the only two match ups I fear are Peach and Captain Falcon. Mind you I am quite inexperienced and have played the Peach/Samus and Captain Falcon/Samus match up the least.

I enjoy fighting Sheik, Marth, Fox and Falco. But I believe this is because I am yet to play someone extremely strong/smart with these characters besides a guy called Frostbyte who used Marth. But still it wasn't as hard as fighting a good Peach or Falcon. Sheik I can see as being horrible once they realise that most weaker moves can be CC'd to **** by samus and start using Dsmash, Usmash and Fair properly. Needles also utterly **** your recovery when used properly.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Marth can be hard at times, but I think a good samus player can draw it pretty even. Samus's weaker knockback arials seem to do wonders in comboing marth.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
falco is not that hard when you know how to play him, plus as a fast faller and less good recovery than fox, you can get fast kills on him.
READ THE FALCO!!

Lexaeus

Smash Cadet
Falco and fox are far from counters to samus. The match up can go even, at best, for the fox or falco. Really, things only change when the match is played on FD or any other campable stage. I'd also go so far as to say that Samus is possibly Falco's closest thing to a counter.
So a campy fox/falco FD or Jungle Japes would be the most difficult?

JOLT143

Smash Apprentice
Marth really gives samus trouble. he just slices through missles constantly and that is alot of samuses stregth right there

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
Missiles are not all of samus's strength. She has great comboes on floaties such as peach, marth, and sheik. SHe can also use grab comboes on the spacies. To beat a campy falco, just learn to powershield decent enough. I have found that rolling works if they aren't moving with the lasers. As marth, wait for the laggy attack, such as F-Smash, and then wavedash to a forward smash. What i found works on noobish people who just shield misiles, and this is for all characters, you missile and run with your missile, they shield, you grab and start a combo. Just some advice

Top Bottom