• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Can I Do To Get Better At For Glory?

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Hello, I need find some strategies for FG mode.

Last edited:

SlickSnorlax

Smash Cadet
NNID
Persei
3DS FC
4699-5385-1643
A lot of people use the same strategies and fighters. It helps to know how to counter them.

Personally, I couldn't care less about my record. It's more fun when you give up on trying to keep a good record, at least for me.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
No one will ever see your records unless you show them or post them online. Therefore, one should worry not about it. As it will only bring sadness when it is not up to expectations.

Oh who am I kidding, I worry about them all the time. Here's what you do, you roll everywhere all the time so you don't let your opponent hit you, you should shield when you don't need to and when you do need to as well. Those moves let your opponent know you're not scared of him. You have to get in his head. And then boom, top 8 at EVO.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
The way you're asking it is making it seem like there's a way specifically designed to make you win on For Glory.
The question you should be asking is "What am I doing wrong and what can I do to improve my overall gameplay?"

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
The way you're asking it is making it seem like there's a way specifically designed to make you win on For Glory.
The question you should be asking is "What am I doing wrong and what can I do to improve my overall gameplay?"
Okay.

1FC0

Smash Lord
My strategy is the to be the best and use R.O.B. and I have been dominating FG with it since I did it.

Using R.O.B. should be easy but being the best can be pretty though for people who are not me.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
My strategy is the to be the best and use R.O.B. and I have been dominating FG with it since I did it.

Using R.O.B. should be easy but being the best can be pretty though for people who are not me.
R.O.B is a very good character he is so Dirty if you are really good with him and know what you are doing with his Gyro's

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
If you are looking to get better at the game in general, there isn't much we can do to help you unless we have played against you and know how you play. Just as @ Ravine Ravine said, you basically need to figure out your weaknesses and mistakes and try to figure out how to fix them.

If you are wanting to know how to beat to usual For Glory players, then my best advice would be to respect their playstyle. The biggest mistake that most people on this site make when they face these kinds of players is that they quickly decide that they are crap and they are going to be easy to defeat, and then they get frustrated when they suddenly get their butt handed to them. The moment you decide that your opponent isn't a threat is the moment you subconsciously make the decision not to try to adapt to their playstyle. The most recent Mind over Meta article does a great job explaining how to deal with these kinds of players, so I would recommend checking it out if that is what you are having problems with on For Glory.

SlickSnorlax

Smash Cadet
NNID
Persei
3DS FC
4699-5385-1643

Well someone's arrogant.

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
play with friends as you learn bad habits on for glory unless you end up against good players.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
First off, do your best! Secondly, try to figure out your mistakes and the opponent's. The third one is don't care about theW/L ratio. The forth, is to be as safe as possible, but give a time to style on your opponent. The fifth? Have fun :kirby:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
To be honest, I find myself playing better when not on For Glory lol. When I do play on FG though, I just play a bunch of characters and experiment to learn strategies. It's all about having fun and learning imo

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just use For Glory to have fun, unlike 75% of the players out there who takes this way too seriously.

If you want to get better, it's best to look for someone to train you instead, just like what I've been doing.

Top Bottom